Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-04-2007, 01:31 PM

Registered SVX
Talking 96 Red Lsi soon to be on the road

Hello,

Most of you may not remember me, as I havent posted in quite some time. I was the unfortunate one with the 96 Lsi with salvaged title from ebay way back in Oct. 2005 Does the name, Buck Jones ring a bell. You may know me now. I finally got a clear Title last June, and have just now started repairs to get her on the road. We just finished the rear bearing install last night, and installing Race concepts slotted and dimpled rotors, NHT Red powder coated calipers, and stainless brake lines from Dale in AZ. Next is tranny fluid and filter change, (Amsoil synthetic ATF) differential oil (Amsoil synthetic gear lube), and Tranny cooler. Then we move on to the engine, water pump, timing belt, spark plugs, seals, etc. Also New Beige steering wheel and airbag, and passenger airbag to be installed. Then Tires and wheels and she should be ready to go. Its been a long wait to say the least. I still dont know what its like to be a true SVX owner, but hopefully will very soon. I'd like to personally thank John Hoffman, whos been calling me since Oct. 2005 and giving me insight, hope, encouragement, and determination in getting my SVX on the road. Of course none of this would be possible without the help of member SVX-FF Steve (sorry forgot your last name), and his Dad the Maryland State Police DMV inspection officer who helped me get a clear Maryland Title. I will be registering the car in my home state of Connecticut. Thanks, and hope to post much more often in the near future.

Dan Mancini
96 Brilliant Red Lsi 94k miles
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0933.jpg (839.4 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0934.jpg (748.9 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0936.jpg (877.5 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0937.jpg (863.8 KB, 124 views)
Old 04-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Wow! It has been awhile. I remember your posts. Welcome back and don't be a stranger.
Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)
Old 04-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
I remember reading about that fiasco. It's great to see you perseveered and gave the old girl a new home
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 04-04-2007, 04:19 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Looks Great Good Luck.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:43 PM

Registered SVX
Thumbs up She be looking good !!!!

Dan-Da-Man, your 96 be looking good !!!!!! Definitely will have to get it with Rosie's Rocket and do some cruisin and turnin heads. You think you love it now just wait til you finially get behind the wheel and down the road... ....almost nothing better than svx.... ....if you know what I mean!!!!! LOL.... Stay Kool SVX Bud !!!
1997 Polo Green SVX LSI #316 49,000, garage queen, aka "The Green Queen" 1997 Brilliant Red SVX LSI #200, 167,000, daily driver, aka"Rosie's Rocket I" 1997 Brilliant Red SVX LSI#234, 106,000, summer driver, aka"Rosie's Rocket II"
1988 Red & White Silverado, aka "The Hauler"

2000 GRAND MARQUIS LS w/ handling package, aka "BIG BLUE"

1988 Mazda RX7 Convertible, aka " Lil Blue "
Old 04-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Im REALLY addicted! CANT STOP!

Send a message via MSN to mysvxrocks Send a message via Yahoo to mysvxrocks
Hey, yeah I remember that. Thats awesome she'll be back on the road soon. Nicely done!

2006 Infra-Red Ford Focus ZX3 ~ 67k

No longer SVX'n, Ill always miss them!

1995 Polo Green LS-i ~ 95k
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~ 145k (04/91) #2231
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
Old 04-05-2007, 01:07 PM
What blue lights?

Send a message via AIM to GOT2HAVESVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX92-97
Hello,

Most of you may not remember me, as I havent posted in quite some time. I was the unfortunate one with the 96 Lsi with salvaged title from ebay way back in Oct. 2005 Does the name, Buck Jones ring a bell. You may know me now. I finally got a clear Title last June, and have just now started repairs to get her on the road. We just finished the rear bearing install last night, and installing Race concepts slotted and dimpled rotors, NHT Red powder coated calipers, and stainless brake lines from Dale in AZ. Next is tranny fluid and filter change, (Amsoil synthetic ATF) differential oil (Amsoil synthetic gear lube), and Tranny cooler. Then we move on to the engine, water pump, timing belt, spark plugs, seals, etc. Also New Beige steering wheel and airbag, and passenger airbag to be installed. Then Tires and wheels and she should be ready to go. Its been a long wait to say the least. I still dont know what its like to be a true SVX owner, but hopefully will very soon. I'd like to personally thank John Hoffman, whos been calling me since Oct. 2005 and giving me insight, hope, encouragement, and determination in getting my SVX on the road. Of course none of this would be possible without the help of member SVX-FF Steve (sorry forgot your last name), and his Dad the Maryland State Police DMV inspection officer who helped me get a clear Maryland Title. I will be registering the car in my home state of Connecticut. Thanks, and hope to post much more often in the near future.

Dan Mancini
96 Brilliant Red Lsi 94k miles
Ya think you could make the pics a little bigger? I cant see them!

Scott & Audrey's Subaru SVX's

1995 Green
1992 Black