Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-23-2001, 12:37 AM
SVX Animated Icon Guy!

Send a message via ICQ to htyei Send a message via AIM to htyei Send a message via Yahoo to htyei
I took the svx to a local autocross, loads of fun

I was a bit exuberant, being my first time, so I enjoyed going full throttle into some turns,... ended on knocking over cones for 2 of my three runs!

I destroyed my current set of tires, and I might have caused my coolant to leak?

anyway, here are pictures from the autocross

some wrxs, and of course the svx

http://www.nanospace.com/~aloha/site...tox2/index.htm
http://www.svxwrx.com
Old 04-23-2001, 09:32 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Thumbs up

Henry,
Great pics! You could never tell by the smile on your face that you were having fun! One suggestion: Your wheels are on all wrong. I don't know if that'll help your tread life, but, as I pointed out to someone this weekend at the Smoky Mountains meet, "it sure keeps you from getting grief at meets." Again, great pics, and if Harry Newman (Newsvx) ever signs on this board, you guys can exchange pointers.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI

Last edited by Aredubjay; 04-23-2001 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-23-2001, 12:08 PM
Hitchhikin'

Nice! But now you did remind why I stopped autocrossing.... I took another car to autocross once, and had so many problems with the car afterwards, because I abused it on the track. I hope your post-autocross (repairs, etc.) experience was better than mine.

BTW, what class was the SVX in, stock, for the autocross? I'm curious to know....
Old 04-24-2001, 10:47 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

F Stock (I think)

Whoa ht! Nice lot! My wife and I used to auto-x about twice a month during the summer, but that was quite a while ago. We never have raced the SVX, but I've watched them on a couple of runs. They're really not that fast - but it's still loads of fun, I'm sure!
Funny (short) story follows: The only time my wife ever beat me on a course was when she was nine-months pregnant. (Ouch! I just realized that the 'baby' is now 23 years old, and has a baby of her own.) We were driving a '76 Capri II 'Le Cat Black' at the time. We actually have a picture of Sharon (wife) lifting BOTH the inside wheels in a Colt Vista Wagon!
Have fun! Go in hard. Come out fast.
Steve
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 04-24-2001, 11:02 PM
SVX Animated Icon Guy!

Send a message via ICQ to htyei Send a message via AIM to htyei Send a message via Yahoo to htyei
Well the stock SVX is in teh GS (s=stock) class which is what actually most cars are in.

My roomate in is jetta vr6 was also in G class and my other friend int he prelude go pushed into the STS (street prepared) class because of the custom shocks and struts.

Randy: Yeah my roomate pointed it out to me a couple of months ago, I'm waiting for the new set of tires this weekend to ask them to swap it back, It must have been switched when the previous owner had a rotation.

wasions: yeah definately something to experience atleast once, going sideways in your svx in a "safe" environment

redsvx: Yeah i dedcided to do the autocross and replace my tires and do my 60k right after. hopefully that should put my car back into good shape, or atleast get a complete list of problems to fix by the dealership

heres a couple of images of what my tires looked like after autocross. (they were pretty bad before, but i think autox pushed me too make new tires a *priority*
http://svx.enzeru.com/files/oldtires/
http://www.svxwrx.com
Old 04-25-2001, 01:30 AM
Hitchhikin'

Man, I can't believe the SVX is in such a low class! I thought the AWD would push it higher, but I guess not.

Before, I used an '90 Acura Legend, which was rated GS as well. I got detroyed by my competition, mainly 3.8L V6 Mustangs. Not cool.

I still can't comprehend the concept of the SVX being in the same class as that ancient Legend... dang.

Oh well, I can see how the SVX would get easily spanked by the nimbler, smaller cars that populate the higher sotck levels. grrr.... still bristling from the idea of having to admit inferiority to a Honda Civic somewhere.