Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2022, 08:50 PM

1992 LS-L 5MT for sale

And thus comes to an end my deep dive into the "perfect modified SVX" experiment. The experiment is by no means complete and is well documented for the next owner to pick up where I left off. I am the fourth owner of this car, with the first being an older lady who babied it up to about 40k miles. It was then bought by a long-time member of the SVX network in 2008, who sold it to its third owner in 2018 with 61,700 miles. That owner hardly put any miles on it (due to health issues) and I bought it from him in November of 2020 with 62,600 miles.

This car is great example of a tastefully modified SVX that is in great condition. Most of the weak points have been addressed and quite a few things have been fixed or upgraded. The cool thing is that everything is functional. Let me repeat that - everything on this car works. It is not a show queen, but definitely a well-cared for driver.

I have lots more pictures and info that I could share with prospective buyers.

The will car come with a NEW aluminum radiator, which is one of the big ticket items I didn't get to install.

Recent maintenance:

- 64,000 miles: new battery installed, left rear brake caliper replaced, brake fluid flushed, oil changed (Mobil1 synthetic)

- 63,150 miles: wheels road-force balanced, rebuilt power steering pump, new power steering lines, new accessory drive belts, LED low-beam headlights installed, clutch pedal action adjusted

- 55,000 miles: all fluids changed using genuine Subaru fluids and filters. Transmission and rear diff filled with Royal Purple 75w90 synthetic gear oil. Valve cover gaskets, timing belt, water pump, idlers and spark plugs were replaced. Sun visors replaced.

- Synthetic oil used starting with 2nd owner (no records of what type the 1st owner used)

- Most service records dating back to the original owner

Full list of modifications:
- Full 5MT swap, 4.11 final drive from a 2004 Forester XT (SG). The transmission was removed from a car with 7,000 miles. It was then rebuilt with upgraded parts. Transmission crossmember built by AWD LLC in New Jersey. Pedals, shift linkage and driveshaft adapted using the Smallcar Performance
- SPEC stage 2 clutch/pressure plate
- Custom made 4.11:1 R160 LSD
- Kartboy short shifter
- SPT urethane "Group B" rear transmission mount
- ACT lightweight flywheel
- Ceika coilovers with 4k/4k springs and adjustable dampers with 24 rebound settings
- Stebro exhaust system
- 18” Mazda RX8 wheels and tires with 90% tread
- JDM rear wing
- JDM clear corners/front turn signals
- Repainted in 2012 in original Pearl White
- Slotted front brake rotors
- SPT/Momo shift knob
- Subaru/Momo JDM steering wheel (airbag not connected due to electrical/harness compatibility)
- STI aluminum shift surround and shift boot
- New JVC speakers (2022)
- Shaved hood emblem

Current car: 2006 Saab 9-2x Aero, Midnight Black Mica, 180k miles, 5MT, mostly stock
Past car: 1995 Subaru Impreza wagon, EJ20G w/5MT, Koni Yellow inserts/STi wagon (GF) springs, swaybars, and other suspension goodies, STi seats
Future car: SVX, of course!

Last edited by svxcess; 11-27-2023 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-11-2022, 06:46 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: 1992 LS-L 5MT for sale

Beautiful SVX. I would love to have this car but sadly with two kids in college the time is not right for me. Good luck with the sale. It really looks well done with all the right mods.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 09-12-2022, 01:28 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Beautiful car. GLWS.
Old 09-12-2022, 10:08 PM

Thanks guys. I hope it goes to a good home.

Current car: 2006 Saab 9-2x Aero, Midnight Black Mica, 180k miles, 5MT, mostly stock
Past car: 1995 Subaru Impreza wagon, EJ20G w/5MT, Koni Yellow inserts/STi wagon (GF) springs, swaybars, and other suspension goodies, STi seats
Future car: SVX, of course!