Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How likely are you to purchase a new stylin bodykit
Would definitely purchase 6 0.30%
Most likely purchase 5 0.25%
Would consider puchasing 16 0.79%
Up Yours!! I like it stock! 2,000 98.67%
Voters: 2027. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2005, 10:33 PM

New Body Kit for SVX

OK all,

I've purchased a second SVX in Febuary which is currently undergoing a manual swap. The ECUtune chip should be here soon as well as a used set of tail lights and interior panelling which i will be attempting to mod... plus many other mods. It's gonna take a while.

After checking and rechecking the SVX's styling i've concluded that it's front and rear bumpers are not low enough to the ground and don't seem to extend out far enough. It needs a bodykit! And i'm not willing to spend thousands on a japanese kit.

Originally i was going to have a kit chopped for my car but then remembered that there's money to be made from you guys. After taking to a local ground effects shop that my shop deals with, here is what i found out. It will cost me approx $5000 to make a mold of a nicely detailed kit (nice curves and openings) not a basic looking alternative to stock. Some kits i've mentioned were Vielside, Blitz, and KStaff's, further discussion required).

What i'd like to know from y'all are the styles of kits you'd like to see on an SVX. Please mention all sides.

Also like to know how many of you would seriously be interested in purchasing a kit. I would have to sell about 8 kits to break even.

Price per kit will be around $1200 plus $200 for shipping. Prices are in CDN$, yes i'm in Canada (Toronto). There should be no need to worry about duties (NAFTA-free trade).

I need as much feedback as possible so start typing guys and gals. Please respond with kits you'd like to see.
Thanks for the help.

Also spoke to local coilover manufacturer about a custom system for my SVX. It will cost approx. $3000 for a prototype and will sell for around $2000 CDN. Coilover will be mono tube gas filled.

I just want the best for my baby.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:04 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewilo
OK all,

I've purchased a second SVX in Febuary which is currently undergoing a manual swap. The ECUtune chip should be here soon as well as a used set of tail lights and interior panelling which i will be attempting to mod... plus many other mods. It's gonna take a while.

After checking and rechecking the SVX's styling i've concluded that it's front and rear bumpers are not low enough to the ground and don't seem to extend out far enough. It needs a bodykit! And i'm not willing to spend thousands on a japanese kit.

Originally i was going to have a kit chopped for my car but then remembered that there's money to be made from you guys. After taking to a local ground effects shop that my shop deals with, here is what i found out. It will cost me approx $5000 to make a mold of a nicely detailed kit (nice curves and openings) not a basic looking alternative to stock. Some kits i've mentioned were Vielside, Blitz, and KStaff's, further discussion required).

What i'd like to know from y'all are the styles of kits you'd like to see on an SVX. Please mention all sides.

Also like to know how many of you would seriously be interested in purchasing a kit. I would have to sell about 8 kits to break even.

Price per kit will be around $1200 plus $200 for shipping. Prices are in CDN$, yes i'm in Canada (Toronto). There should be no need to worry about duties (NAFTA-free trade).

I need as much feedback as possible so start typing guys and gals. Please respond with kits you'd like to see.
Thanks for the help.

Also spoke to local coilover manufacturer about a custom system for my SVX. It will cost approx. $3000 for a prototype and will sell for around $2000 CDN. Coilover will be mono tube gas filled.

I just want the best for my baby.
As strange as it may sound from someone in the desert, if it's too low, it will catch on the flood channels in our roads. (Think sand... no place for water to go, hence flood problems or extensive channels.) For some areas, it just can't go too low, or it becomes an undriveable show piece. I'm thinking areas like Phoenix would have the same concerns.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 03-24-2005, 06:45 AM

Yes, the Svx is fairly low as it is, thanks to the H6. I've compared side by side to many vahicles and the SVX is almost always noticeably lower.

However i'm not thinking inches from the ground. What i'm certain of is the body would be much more attractive if it had a bit of a wider look and extended out to at least be flush with the outer ends of the bumper instead of tappering inwards at the bottom.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
i wish i had the ability and skill to make a mold of the K-Staff bumper. That in my opinion is the best looking front bumper for the svx. I may just go and buy the thing what's a $1000 right!!
Old 03-24-2005, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXMAN2001
i wish i had the ability and skill to make a mold of the K-Staff bumper. That in my opinion is the best looking front bumper for the svx. I may just go and buy the thing what's a $1000 right!!

I think it's a pretty good price for a custom kit.
Still need more feedback as to what styles people would prefer.

If the KStaff style wins out, the mold would not be exact since we do not have a physical sample like we do with the domestic brands. It would be very close though.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:10 PM
jjcobra

If I could afford it...and had an SVX I would definitly part with some hard earned money for a body kit as long as it looks good. I can't say which designs i like best seeing as how i don't even know what would sort of fit an svx. I guess I'd need links to pictures to judge.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:04 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Everyone here should know which one I voted under

ANOTHER bodykit thread.... It's nice to see that younger people are owning SVXi now, but damn, can't the appreciate it for the beautiful thing that it is???? ....

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-26-2005, 10:43 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

I dont get why all you people have to come with negative comments in threads like this. Leave it stock leave it stock is all i hear some people say. If you wanted it stock then y did u convert it to a 5 spd?? Because you wanted to have fun driving it right? because you liked it better right? Then thats the same reason why some people do other mods...because they want to drive a car they like more. I think it would be pretty cool if someone came up with a trunk lid that looks like the prototype!

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 03-26-2005, 10:55 AM
Weasel 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
I dont get why all you people have to come with negative comments in threads like this. Leave it stock leave it stock is all i hear some people say. If you wanted it stock then y did u convert it to a 5 spd?? Because you wanted to have fun driving it right? because you liked it better right? Then thats the same reason why some people do other mods...because they want to drive a car they like more. I think it would be pretty cool if someone came up with a trunk lid that looks like the prototype!
good point..im not truly against it..I just liked the 'up yours' option..I didnt put it there..but I used it
and you are very correct..I noticed quite the majority of SVXi are modded on here in one way or another..hell, mine is probably more stock than most
Old 03-27-2005, 12:51 AM
THAWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
ANOTHER bodykit thread.... It's nice to see that younger people are owning SVXi now, but damn, can't the appreciate it for the beautiful thing that it is???? ....
I completely agree.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:21 AM
paparicky

SVX Body Kit

Hi, here a Photoshop work of my SVX, now it's white, i hope to finish it before next summer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg red_SVX.jpg (142.6 KB, 356 views)
Old 04-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Giong back to the beaters...

Civic Kit.
89 240sx se red ~165k miles Gone and unknown
89 240sx se Black~185k R.I.P.
85 Toyota pickup ~205k R.I.P.
85 BMW 325e ~ Gone and unknown
85 Ford Mustang getting engine swap now!
05 Colorado ~108k Daily Driver
Old 04-01-2005, 05:18 PM

Great photochopping. It provides a great alternate of how an SVX can look.
Any other chopped pics out there?

Yes, the SVX is a unique car and it will get a unique kit. I'm using all the pics posted as a reference to what shape and possible designs would suit it best.

Here's what i'm sure of and not sure of so far.

Front bumper:
will be a bit wider than stock
openings will be designed for ram intake
one larger opening
openings for fog lights?
will not taper inwards at bottom

Rear bumper:
not sure yet about any openings - considering openings that will be meshed, but don't want to rice it out.
exhaust tips may have to be extended to accommodate rear bumper

Skirts:will be an inch wider - running under the door and up the two sides to where the panel is clipped in.

I expect the kit to give the SVX a bit of a squared off look. A stronger, more sophisticated look compared to the softer feminine look.

I will be meeting with my bodykit guy next week and see how much further i can go with this.

Don't forget to vote.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:34 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewilo
Great photochopping. It provides a great alternate of how an SVX can look.
Any other chopped pics out there?

Yes, the SVX is a unique car and it will get a unique kit. I'm using all the pics posted as a reference to what shape and possible designs would suit it best.

Here's what i'm sure of and not sure of so far.

Front bumper:
openings will be designed for ram intake
one larger opening
openings for fog lights?
will not taper inwards at bottom

Rear bumper:
not sure yet about any openings - considering openings that will be meshed, but don't want to rice it out.
exhaust tips may have to be extended to accommodate rear bumper

Skirts:will be an inch wider - running under the door and up the two sides to where the panel is clipped in.

I expect the kit to give the SVX a bit of a squared off look. A stronger, more sophisticated look compared to the softer feminine look.

I will be meeting with my bodykit guy next week and see how much further i can go with this.

Don't forget to vote.
Did you check the kit on my car? i highly recommend the front bumper design same as the one in my car, as for the skirts, i recommend Hunter's design for those... as for the rear bumper, you can check mine, but also there are a lot of better looking bumpers you can choose from...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:20 AM
Own'eded

Send a message via AIM to curly2k3 Send a message via MSN to curly2k3
like I said before, I would buy your kit in a min. silverspear, I like it alot, its got a WRC feel for the streets, I would buy one as quick as you could get it hear.