Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2006, 08:42 AM

She's fifteen years old!

My pearl white 92 was built in June 1991, according to the tag on the door jamb. It has 144,500 on the clock and is running strong; but, of course, I've had numerous expenses with it, not least of which was the factory remanufactured transmission. The paint still looks new (McGuire's three-step method) and everything actually works!

The only problem I have, is to push up a little when opening the sunroof. I also have to buckle up manually because my seat belt ECU died a few months ago. I really don't mind though. I haven't even tried to find one after reading comments on this board. (Probably only available in a felt-lined jewel box from Sotheby's or whatever!)

But it's a joy to drive. My wife took it away from me for a year and a half, but I've managed to get it back from her. (She didn't like paying for things that it always needs - said it was like having a car payment.) It has custom wheels with Toyo tires, upgraded sound system, custom floor mats (OEM) that are embroidered "SVX" on them, and an OEM car cover.

The guys at the Subaru dealer refer to it as "the car he'll always have." It hasn't wanted for anything, actually, and neither do I, at least in terms of cars. I have driven some late model cars and, although they're nice, I don't see how they're much better, really, than what I have.

Cheers, and thanks, staff (SMTP server) for the birthday greetings!

bill