SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 07-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Hypothesis: Hyundai Elantra drivers are complete f***tards

I could do without the other drivers on the road.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Dub View Post
Did you click the link? Apparently this guy thought the same thing, but he still wanted Subaru's blue paint and WRC decals. I particularly love the "roof mural of a dragon with celtic wings-looks fresh not gay"

Here's a link to the original Craigslist ad (while it lasts).

philadelphia.craigslist.org

This car takes "poser" to a whole new level.

Exactly, why would someone do that to a Hyundai which has cleaner lines then the car it is trying to emulate. Subarus have never been the prettiest cars out there but were always unique purposeful designs. Now they have hired all the laid off Pontiac team responsible for the Lemans and the Aztek.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelfy View Post
which generation? most 2001-2006 models did not come with abs/tcs and they were a little squirrely in the rain. one of the reasons i traded my gt in.
its just a broad generalization - of course not ALL Elantra drivers are mouth-breathers - just most of them.

i can say for a fact, however, that all people from Wisconsin are goofy in the head.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 07-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Ugh FML. Brought the M5 in for service to a dealer today and needed a loaner while she is in... Hoping to get a 335i and thinking...worst I can do is a 325... They gave me a rental... 2010 Toyota Corolla...

There is nothing about this car that is nice... Not even good... Its just all bad. It does have a big trunk, I could potentially kill 10 hookers and stash their bodies in there quite easily though... So I guess there is an up note to this pile of plastic and glass

Tom
Old 07-29-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Ugh FML. Brought the M5 in for service to a dealer today and needed a loaner while she is in... Hoping to get a 335i and thinking...worst I can do is a 325... They gave me a rental... 2010 Toyota Corolla...

There is nothing about this car that is nice... Not even good... Its just all bad. It does have a big trunk, I could potentially kill 10 hookers and stash their bodies in there quite easily though... So I guess there is an up note to this pile of plastic and glass

Tom
I think you need to find a new dealer. Back in High School when I'd take my 85 GL hatch in to get serviced I'd go home with a 740i. Service on a M5 who would have thought it?
Old 07-29-2010, 10:11 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
I think you need to find a new dealer. Back in High School when I'd take my 85 GL hatch in to get serviced I'd go home with a 740i. Service on a M5 who would have thought it?
I dropped off late in the day and all their loaners were out and their service lot was PACKED! I am just going to run the tires down as far as I can and hit ever pot hole in Northern NJ flat out

Tom
Old 07-30-2010, 02:37 AM
One teal and One yellow

I do not agree with this hypothesis.

How often/how many hours are you on the road per day, Alan?
This is probably just your personal experience?

Most of the times, I'm on the road like 8 to 10 hours a day, sometimes even more or 17 hours a day. A lot of city drivings, based on my experiences, however, I do not see most elantra drivers as what you described.

For no turning signals or 10mph under speed limit, I would personally think that there're more like those "new" drivers or "senior" drivers on the road. Everyday, I will usually meet at least one or two drivers ahead of me as you described, it could be a buick driver, a legacy driver, a corolla driver, a mercedes benz..., a SUV..., all kinds of possible, in my opinions. You never know!

On a side note, there's actually a lot of Hyundai Elantras around. The more I look, the more I think they are beautiful. I don't mind considering gettting one if I'm looking for a not-too-big four dr sedan. Another note, most of the new hyundai/kia vehicles are really nice-looking. I don't know where are all the design trends going for toyota, honda, nissan.... . . . maybe Ford has some good-looking cars such as the coming fiesta.

Here's a picture of the coming next generation Hyundai Elantra picture! I would consider buying this if I want a new car in this category. LOOK how hot it is. If Honda, Toyota and Nissan don't do something nicer...their Sales would go down-south. Hearsay, this car is gonna have more horsepower than current model and again better mpg.

PS: I am not a Hyundai Salesman. If I am, I will probably be able to sell a lot of this.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 07-30-2010, 04:51 AM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSVX View Post
I do not agree with this hypothesis.

How often/how many hours are you on the road per day, Alan?
This is probably just your personal experience?

Most of the times, I'm on the road like 8 to 10 hours a day, sometimes even more or 17 hours a day. A lot of city drivings, based on my experiences, however, I do not see most elantra drivers as what you described.

For no turning signals or 10mph under speed limit, I would personally think that there're more like those "new" drivers or "senior" drivers on the road. Everyday, I will usually meet at least one or two drivers ahead of me as you described, it could be a buick driver, a legacy driver, a corolla driver, a mercedes benz..., a SUV..., all kinds of possible, in my opinions. You never know!

On a side note, there's actually a lot of Hyundai Elantras around. The more I look, the more I think they are beautiful. I don't mind considering gettting one if I'm looking for a not-too-big four dr sedan. Another note, most of the new hyundai/kia vehicles are really nice-looking. I don't know where are all the design trends going for toyota, honda, nissan.... . . . maybe Ford has some good-looking cars such as the coming fiesta.

Here's a picture of the coming next generation Hyundai Elantra picture! I would consider buying this if I want a new car in this category. LOOK how hot it is. If Honda, Toyota and Nissan don't do something nicer...their Sales would go down-south. Hearsay, this car is gonna have more horsepower than current model and again better mpg.

PS: I am not a Hyundai Salesman. If I am, I will probably be able to sell a lot of this.
Everything in this post is incorrect

Tom
Old 07-30-2010, 06:48 AM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim

Quote:

Tom
They loan out 328's, 335's and z4 35i's here
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 07-30-2010, 09:05 AM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX

Quote:

Tom
you are comparing your 75k car to a 20k car? What are the chances that the 75k car might have a better interior in it. Hmmmmmm
Old 07-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeman90 View Post
you are comparing your 75k car to a 20k car? What are the chances that the 75k car might have a better interior in it. Hmmmmmm
Not that they know anything besides that the M3 gives them infinite joy, but Car and Driver often compares some of the interior material quality of the Corvette to that of the Cobalt.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetItSnow View Post
Not that they know anything besides that the M3 gives them infinite joy, but Car and Driver often compares some of the interior material quality of the Corvette to that of the Cobalt.
are you talking about Car and Drive magazine (aka BMW Lover Magazine)?

I bet if they ever did a comparo of just BMW's they would have their heads explode from the intense pleasure.

You know we have a Corolla...you know you can say it sucks and all that but at the end of the day when all you need is 4 seats, an automatic, AC, and can get 40 MPG on the highway for 16k (2007 prices) that really isn't too bad.

The way the tires are cupped I can tell you we aren't afraid to drive it hard either
Old 07-30-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I dropped off late in the day and all their loaners were out and their service lot was PACKED! I am just going to run the tires down as far as I can and hit ever pot hole in Northern NJ flat out

Tom
BMW service lot packed, who would have thought it. Maybe they can rent service parking space from Toyota since they obviously like giving them out to their customers for loaner cars.

At least there is plenty of space to park when I go to the Jaguar dealer for fluids.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
BMW service lot packed, who would have thought it. Maybe they can rent service parking space from Toyota since they obviously like giving them out to their customers for loaner cars.

At least there is plenty of space to park when I go to the Jaguar dealer for fluids.
Not sure about around you... but every service center is packed solid right now.

My shop is backed up almost two weeks worth and it keeps coming. We have been asked to log more overtime to try and get trucks out... Gonna dominate with 20hrs overtime next week

Will have my baby back tomorrow with a new set of upper rear control arms. Also gonna get a bunch of parts that I need to fix up the little odds and ends that I have been "meaning" to get to.

Back to the corolla... I am sorry Matt. I am a gear head. I have come to like nice things... Not always the best, but at very least...nice.

Hell I would even take a Jag over this chincy econobox on 4 wheels. Christ I tried to overtake a scion yesterday on the highway at 70 and pedal to the floor nearly took me 1/2mile. The handling is so horrible its a wonder its stays on the road. The brakes are good unless you try to stop 2-3 times in a row and they will prob overheat and warp the **** out of the rotors. The trans is sloppy, slow reluctant shifts that are more numb than a slipping SVX trans.

But after the day is done, my golf clubs fit in the boot a little better than they do in the M5 I cannot wait to get the hell out of this thing. I paid $20k for my M5. I am sure this Carolla with less than 20K on the ODO was worth more than that when it was new. There is NO justification for such a docile lump in the road. It is this kind of car that breeds boredome and no wonder people fall asleep at the wheel. I could be rolling on 2grams and fall asleep in this thing at top speed... 96mph on the rev limiter. ugh, people who own these should all be brought into town and stoned to death for sucking at everything forever

Tom
Old 07-30-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Not sure about around you... but every service center is packed solid right now.

My shop is backed up almost two weeks worth and it keeps coming. We have been asked to log more overtime to try and get trucks out... Gonna dominate with 20hrs overtime next week

Will have my baby back tomorrow with a new set of upper rear control arms. Also gonna get a bunch of parts that I need to fix up the little odds and ends that I have been "meaning" to get to.

Back to the corolla... I am sorry Matt. I am a gear head. I have come to like nice things... Not always the best, but at very least...nice.

Hell I would even take a Jag over this chincy econobox on 4 wheels. Christ I tried to overtake a scion yesterday on the highway at 70 and pedal to the floor nearly took me 1/2mile. The handling is so horrible its a wonder its stays on the road. The brakes are good unless you try to stop 2-3 times in a row and they will prob overheat and warp the **** out of the rotors. The trans is sloppy, slow reluctant shifts that are more numb than a slipping SVX trans.

But after the day is done, my golf clubs fit in the boot a little better than they do in the M5 I cannot wait to get the hell out of this thing. I paid $20k for my M5. I am sure this Carolla with less than 20K on the ODO was worth more than that when it was new. There is NO justification for such a docile lump in the road. It is this kind of car that breeds boredome and no wonder people fall asleep at the wheel. I could be rolling on 2grams and fall asleep in this thing at top speed... 96mph on the rev limiter. ugh, people who own these should all be brought into town and stoned to death for sucking at everything forever

Tom
Wouldn't know, I haven't taken anything I own to a "sercive center in 9 years but then again I don't drive slow, unreliable German crap like you and Matt.

Just think, you only paid $1k less for your car sitting getting control arms then I did for all 6 vehicle sitting at my house and you still can't beat one of them to 0-100 or for that matter from 100-0 even with an extra 20 horses, a manual tranny, 300 less lbs. You are right about one thing, I too like nice things and the best part about having nice things is having nice things that I don't need to take to the dealer only to have to complain about the rental they gave you. I drove my 80k car today. How about you? BTW I did order a trailer hitch for it yesterday. What can your M5 tow? 1 set of golf clubs?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: