Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Suspension

Old 10-29-2010, 06:21 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: SVX poly suspension bushes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
updates on this?? anyone ever get the extra bushings? overall impressions of the whole kit??? I won't be needing trailing arm or RSB as I have the bontaeger bar and will be getting sti trailing arms etc.
The only ones I did prior to the accident were the control arm bushings but I felt like they made a pretty decent difference. Stiffened up the front and made the steering a lot more (what's the word?) precise, in control. Massive pain in the ass to change them out though.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 10-29-2010, 06:43 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
updates on this?? anyone ever get the extra bushings? overall impressions of the whole kit??? I won't be needing trailing arm or RSB as I have the bontaeger bar and will be getting sti trailing arms etc.
I think you mean STi lateral links...
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 10-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

lat links yes but I thought the trailing arms worked as well no?
Old 11-19-2010, 06:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to alia176

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Yup, just received my STRONG kit in RED color

Now the SVX kit comes with ULTRA durable front clamps

Hey guys,

I thought I'd check back to see if anyone has installed these bushings yet. If so, can I get some feedback please? I need to change all the bushings on my ride and need to do it soon as the washboards on our road is killing the suspension.

Thanks.

ps Earthworm is selling bushings too? Is this in the for sale section? I'll go take a look.

'92 SVX LSL
'03 4Runner
'96 FZJ80 Landcruiser
'90 Mercedes 300E
Old 11-09-2011, 01:50 AM
FLATT racing div.

Registered SVX

Ordering my set as we speak, one question about this kit, does it have rear differential bushings or will I still have to get some though earthworm?

former:
1991 4wd XT6 5sp. (SUBDUED)
Old 11-09-2011, 02:55 AM

swaybar bushings work great. Not that bad to install either, just use a pair of jackstands to keep the whole front of the car up and the bar unloaded.

I got one side of the front A-arm bushings in. I hate to say it but they might deflect more than the OEM ones. The OEM ones have alot of metal which means that the softer rubber simply can't deflect much. That said, I suspect my car may have had recently aquired new bushings in the A-arm as while doing this I discovered my SVX had been in a highspeed trip into the ditch. new oil pan, transmission pan, subframe brace, dented bottom surfaces on both A-arms, etc all point to it. The A-arm came out a little too easy and while my SVX was too "rust proofed" from the valvecovers to tell, it seemed like the undercoating was broken where the rear subframe mount would normaly be well glued on by said undercoating.

So going from a old A-arm bushing to a new urathane bushing may feel quite awesome. While for me it feels like it allows just a bit more flex in hard braking.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:10 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcyone Lunacy View Post
Ordering my set as we speak, one question about this kit, does it have rear differential bushings or will I still have to get some though earthworm?
No it doesn't.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 11-09-2011, 09:13 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT6Wagon View Post
So going from a old A-arm bushing to a new urathane bushing may feel quite awesome. While for me it feels like it allows just a bit more flex in hard braking.
Did you get the red or yellow bushings? I have the yellow ones and they seem plenty firm.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:09 PM

They are the red in I think the softer. I only mentioned it as if your going racing with them you might want to rethink the polish bushings as supplied. Filling the OEM or using a larger metal tube for the center hole to decrease the bushing/metal ratio would be where I'd go.

Just feels like I get a bit more deflection under hard braking with summer tires.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:01 PM

Registered SVX

For reference...