SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2008, 06:18 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Re: A sad announcement from GreenMarineSVX...

Sweet ride, Chris! But I hope you don't regret trading your SVX - then again, you can always buy another one

And Steven, welcome to the Network! You will enjoy it. And as Chris (and others) will tell you, READING is a must!
Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx
Old 12-19-2008, 11:07 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

I don't know if I'll be able to or not, but I might end up driving up to Reading after graduation! ... It would mean that I'd get up there sometime EARLY in the morning on Saturday the 18th, but still it'd be good to get up there again

~ Chris

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 12-19-2008, 11:08 AM

Oh, the fog and nastyness has broken alittle here in Raleigh, so I'm gonna head out and wash the car and take some pictures

~ Chris

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 12-19-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX View Post
Oh, the fog and nastyness has broken alittle here in Raleigh, so I'm gonna head out and wash the car and take some pictures

~ Chris
Wash it again? You're going to wash the paint of that thing!
Old 12-19-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleiades View Post
Wash it again? You're going to wash the paint of that thing!
Hahaha, naa - just trying to get a few of the vinyl markings off ... Plus for me, washing a car is a bonding experience ... She got a full wax too ... Here are some pics I snapped...

EDIT: GREAT! My camera battery died while I was uploading... Charging the battery and I'll upload them as soon as it's done...

~ Chris

Old 12-20-2008, 01:45 AM

Pics... As promised... Forgive the crappyness of the photos though, I have yet learned how to manage this cheap lense for my camera... Really should get a better lense, but then again, that would mean spending $ that now goes towards a car payment . Oh well, Someday...

~ Chris

Old 12-20-2008, 02:33 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Hey man, I can't see you being too sad for long in that baby!

That's a very fine car, Chris, and I love the colour. Has the rear end been tweaked for drifting? It looks a bit like it has positive camber.

Congratulations and the best of luck with it.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

I gotta say that is one sexy beast ya got there!

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 12-20-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
... Has the rear end been tweaked for drifting? It looks a bit like it has positive camber....

Joe
As previous car owner, let me answer that - It is actually negative just a bit, but for some reason with those oversize wheels/tires it looks slightly positive. On several road courses I've cornered at over 110mph and it's firmly planted.

Pics look good chris. Hopefully you got the remainder of the vinyl adhesive off with that wash/wax job. I just hate they didn't do a better job when I had it cleaned up for you.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:21 AM

I'm not sure that Chris mentioned about all the STi's history, but to cap up some of the important accomplishments:

10th Place Overall at 2007 & 2008 Cannonball One Lap of America
1st Place Class 2008 Cannonball One Lap of America
(www.onelapofamerica.com/home.shtml)

3 Different Hillclimb Records including the first and currently only car with fenders to make up the 'Wolf' in under 2 minutes:
Records: http://www.wolfridgehillclimb.com/test/records.htm
Video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...idge+hillclimb

(Don't think Chris knows this yet) The car is to appear in the March or April issue of Import Tuner magazine for the recent EVO vs STI shootout that we attended in Buttonwillow, CA last month. As a full true street car with moderate power, we got kind of beat up on, but all in all it was fun.

As well as: Numerous SCCA TT records, a bunch of regional autocross wins, one national tour win, 12th place 2006 SCCA solo nationals (STU), 2006 Doublecross challenge overall winner (Atlanta region SCCA).

As Chris had previously mentioned, this car has seen racing use since it was but a few months old. It has always been professionally prepared and maintained by myself and the Subaru gurus at www.boxer4racing.com. In fact, not sure if the owner of Boxer4Racing ever posted here, but he did once own an SVX (or 2 or 3), was the first to test drive the first one that arrived in Asheville, NC when they came out - and I'm trying to convince him to buy another one! The good news is, Chris got the car with about every major item being replaced or rebuilt within the last 5k miles - so it's a solid machine.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
3 Different Hillclimb Records including the first and currently only car with fenders to make up the 'Wolf' in under 2 minutes:

I was there for the wolf laurel events - and you were hauling ass!

I wish the guy with that crazy snowmobile engine powered contraption made it this year. That thing was sick.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby View Post
I was there for the wolf laurel events - and you were hauling ass!

I wish the guy with that crazy snowmobile engine powered contraption made it this year. That thing was sick.
Yeah the 'snowmobile' powered car is owned and driven by 67 year old George Bowland. George spent this year up in PA running their hillclimbs. He's trying to capture as many records as possible. From what I hear he's headed back up there next year to go for a couple that he missed this year. In addition to many hillclimb records, he has also been the A-Mod SCCA solo national champion multiple times, including setting FTD at the solo nationals!

I've actually kicked around the idea of building a hillclimb special with an sti drivetrain, but after listening to the SVX motor for a week, I'm thinking it needs to be flat-6 powered.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:08 PM
svxless

Registered SVX

Quote:
shoulda taken that shortcut on your left there

1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 126k "BXR6" Sold 3/23/13
1992 LS-L Claret 178k totaled 10/26/09

1987 BMW 325is

60% of the time it works, every time
Old 12-20-2008, 11:11 PM

Haha, thanks everyone. And thanks Steve for shairing alittle about the history. I wanted to share alittle but honestly, it wasn't my place since I neither knew all of the facts OR was there for them. So it is frankly YOUR place to brag about it since you were the driver ...

The car has been great so far, but we have had the worst weather here in Raleigh for the last week... Just yesterday it was sunny for about 6 hours and I managed to make it out and wash the car and wax it (before the pictures were taken)... But I wake up this morning and it is raining again, and is going to continue to rain for another 2 days ... Whatever though... I am just tired of parking my cars outside in the rain... Next year I'll be looking for a house with a 2 car garage here in Raleigh... Just need to find a good location and one more roommate (already have one)... If I find another WRX owner then it will be a house with THREE WRX's!!

Oh Steve, if you want to keep-on about some of the cool things that you've done in the car over the years, by all means PLEASE DO ... How about the weekend you bought it, drove it to an Autocross I was at and took it for a lap without even doing a course walk through and taking FTD in it ... That was awesome

~ Chris

Old 12-21-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiv0 View Post
shoulda taken that shortcut on your left there
When we were first up there scounting that site out, we drove up that to see where it went - the house owner at the top wasn't amused.