Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Suspension

Old 06-07-2008, 11:27 AM
The car named NIGHTMARE

Send a message via MSN to Nomad
Okay , I'll look like a retard but : What does it improve ? Handling ?? How ?

Old 06-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Okay , I'll look like a retard but : What does it improve ? Handling ?? How ?

Handling yes, the sway bar connects to the two rear struts and keeps them at a relative distance of travel.

But it would be more effective after a good strut/spring or coilover setup.

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 06-08-2008, 06:03 PM

Ok, thanks to everyone who has replied so far and for your interest. Just bear in mind that this is in it's absolute infancy stage as of yet. So, I'm still not sure what diameter it would be, what's included, price or ANY of that.

They have also requested if someone is able to come to their shop in Vista, California, they could get a look at an SVX firsthand, take all their measurements, and do whatever testing is needed. From that they can gather what needs to be/can be improved, what diameter, etc... Bear in mind though that the more people we can get on something like this, the more the cost is going to come down!

IF SOMEONE IS IN THE VISTA CALIFORNIA AREA WHOSE CAR IS AVAILABLE FOR TESTING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Also, this bar helps improve handling by keeping the rear spring travel equal on both sides. What that means is less leaning in the curves, and a more manageable body roll. In my FWD probe, it made it feel VERY balanced, and got rid of a lot of the pushing in curves normally associated with FWD. I imagine with the SVX it would do nearly the same thing.

On a boat of a car like this, I think just about anything would help. It's deceptively nimble for its size, but in my opinion this would definitely make the handling crisper and more neutral feeling, even on an otherwise stock suspension. Results would be even more impressive on an aftermarket suspension setup.

Thanks again to everyone who has shown interest, and I promise I will keep you up to speed on everything as much as possible. I've never put together anything like this, so please give me a bit of lee-way, but I want this product too, so I'm going to try to do everything I can to make it happen!

If there are any questions, do not hesitate to ask either here, PM's, or my email, which is nevinbontrager@gmail.com.

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!

Last edited by Nevin; 06-08-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:46 AM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
1. nevin
2. immortal_suby
3. LetItSnow
4. Sov13t
5. GreenMarineSVX
6. Tim
7. Shaun -YourConfused
8. cozykat
9. Craig (ridered777)

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 06-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin View Post
Ok, thanks to everyone who has replied so far and for your interest. Just bear in mind that this is in it's absolute infancy stage as of yet. So, I'm still not sure what diameter it would be, what's included, price or ANY of that.

They have also requested if someone is able to come to their shop in Vista, California, they could get a look at an SVX firsthand, take all their measurements, and do whatever testing is needed. From that they can gather what needs to be/can be improved, what diameter, etc... Bear in mind though that the more people we can get on something like this, the more the cost is going to come down!

IF SOMEONE IS IN THE VISTA CALIFORNIA AREA WHOSE CAR IS AVAILABLE FOR TESTING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Also, this bar helps improve handling by keeping the rear spring travel equal on both sides. What that means is less leaning in the curves, and a more manageable body roll. In my FWD probe, it made it feel VERY balanced, and got rid of a lot of the pushing in curves normally associated with FWD. I imagine with the SVX it would do nearly the same thing.

On a boat of a car like this, I think just about anything would help. It's deceptively nimble for its size, but in my opinion this would definitely make the handling crisper and more neutral feeling, even on an otherwise stock suspension. Results would be even more impressive on an aftermarket suspension setup.

Thanks again to everyone who has shown interest, and I promise I will keep you up to speed on everything as much as possible. I've never put together anything like this, so please give me a bit of lee-way, but I want this product too, so I'm going to try to do everything I can to make it happen!

If there are any questions, do not hesitate to ask either here, PM's, or my email, which is nevinbontrager@gmail.com.
You'd better ask Pavan or Paul for that matter... They are both located in Ca.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:19 PM

would be interested in one maybe two.

How long to the need the car for? are they open on weekends?

give me their contact info and I might be able to work something out.

BW
Old 06-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
1. nevin
2. immortal_suby
3. LetItSnow
4. Sov13t
5. GreenMarineSVX
6. Tim
7. Shaun -YourConfused
8. cozykat
9. Craig (ridered777)
10. Odepaj

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 06-09-2008, 04:01 PM
95pologreen

Send a message via AIM to Crazypolo95
i'm in. just tell me how much
Old 06-09-2008, 04:30 PM

The response seems to be very good so far. It seems to be one of the only parts on an svx that haven't had any major development.

Posted via Windows Mobile 6 Device
Old 06-09-2008, 10:47 PM

Ok first off, a member of the board has offered to take their car to the shop for measurements, etc... so a HUGE thank you to them. (haven't asked to use their name, so I'll refrain from now, but if they want to tell then that's fine.)

In the meantime, yes the response has been VERY good indeed. I'm still not sure of the timeframe, but if I keep getting the positive emails from the producer and you members alike, I think things should be shaping up nicely here.

Also, if someone has a spare rear sway bar, endlinks, and bushings/brackets they can donate to the cause (I'll at least reimburse you for shipping) let me know via PM's and we can work something out. If not, I'll just take off my own after measuring, etc... and send it to them if they need. They may NOT need one, but it never hurts to be safe.

I'm going to take a bunch of measurements and pictures tomorrow night and hopefully can get that all to them ASAP.

I really like what I'm hearing, so keep on telling your friends (that own SVXs) about this and the more people we can get on board, I know the price will come down.

Thank you again, and as always... I'll be in touch!

-nevin bontrager

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!
Old 06-10-2008, 04:54 AM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin View Post

Also, if someone has a spare rear sway bar, endlinks, and bushings/brackets they can donate to the cause (I'll at least reimburse you for shipping) let me know via PM's and we can work something out. If not, I'll just take off my own after measuring, etc... and send it to them if they need. They may NOT need one, but it never hurts to be safe.
I'd check with one of the Tom's on that. They usually have a plethora of parts, and are willing to help out with anything involved in furthering the SVX's performance development.

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 06-10-2008, 09:39 AM
A.L.I.C.E.

Send a message via AIM to techy101 Send a message via Yahoo to techy101
1. nevin
2. immortal_suby
3. LetItSnow
4. Sov13t
5. GreenMarineSVX
6. Tim
7. Shaun -YourConfused
8. cozykat