Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Suspension

Old 10-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Will be driving up to Watkins Glen, 4 1/2 hours, some country roads, but first opportunity to really test the grip will be the track. I'll definitely ease into it.

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

2017 Subaru Forester XT, metallic dark gray, 29,xxx

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio, 24,xxx

2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean, 166,xxx sold

92 LSL Dark Teal, Smallcar Shift Kit - sold
Old 10-14-2009, 02:50 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Rear Stabilizer bushing upgrade

Just finished this mod, 20 minutes turned into 3 hours. I removed the stabilizer links to do the drilling in a vise. Also cleaned and painted same. Had to remove rear wheels to remove the links. OT, one of the rubber bushings distorted when tightening was completed, any issues with that ? I used engine assembly lube on the new bushings, slid in easily. I long for the days when I worked in gas stations and had access to a rack, working on the floor sucks specially at 68, once in a while a doubt I can get on my feet, nothing a few vodkas can't fix.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:56 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dromano View Post
Just finished this mod, 20 minutes turned into 3 hours. I removed the stabilizer links to do the drilling in a vise. Also cleaned and painted same. Had to remove rear wheels to remove the links. OT, one of the rubber bushings distorted when tightening was completed, any issues with that ? I used engine assembly lube on the new bushings, slid in easily. I long for the days when I worked in gas stations and had access to a rack, working on the floor sucks specially at 68, once in a while a doubt I can get on my feet, nothing a few vodkas can't fix.
Are we seeing a pattern, D?

As long as the bushings look like they will still move you should be fine.

By comparison, Not so
"Old Tom"
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 11-01-2009, 11:52 AM
I work for my SVX

Registered SVX

I just finished my installation and it took about three hours as well. Removing the old bolts and rubber was no problem. Drilling was also no problem. It was a pain to remove the new brass inserts from the new rubber for installation. I had to press them out! After installing the rubber to the link opening, it was a bigger pain to re insert the brass inserts into the rubber. I had to use liquid soap and a C-clap to slide them in. I had to do this a few times because it was so tight that the rubber would travel out the other end. The first bolt went in fine, but it was a fight to line up the holes on the second link. If I had a lift, maybe then I could have done it in 20 minutes. Anyway, all is done and I will take it out for a test drive. Thanks for the write up!

Last edited by dannmarr; 11-01-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:25 PM
The Molinator

So Tom.. Is the new bushing a section of 3/8" fuel inj hose? Just wondering.. ? [Don't worry.. I just ordered the 20 Min MOD from y'all!]

Send quickly please .. I'm not very patient

Thanks..
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!
Old 05-27-2011, 12:57 PM
There's a storm coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Scott View Post
So Tom.. Is the new bushing a section of 3/8" fuel inj hose? Just wondering.. ? [Don't worry.. I just ordered the 20 Min MOD from y'all!]

Send quickly please .. I'm not very patient

Thanks..
The package is now on the way.

Your Twenty Minute Mod is coming with;
two locking nuts,
two correct length bolts,
two self lubricating correct sized bronze bushings,
and two precut lengths of the appropriate rubber hose, as insulators.

When there is no need to reinvent the wheel, I do not.

I hope that you enjoy the attache case!

Di will be sending the Window Clings separately.

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 05-27-2011, 01:47 PM
The Molinator

So... The hose insulators (new rubber bushings) are the reason this 20 Min MOD works.. right? In other words, the stiffness of the hose insulator is greater than the OEM rubber bushing.. .

I'm sure it will get here on Sunday.. so I can install 'em Monday! .. .

Thanks..
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Old 05-27-2011, 04:26 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Scott View Post
So... The hose insulators (new rubber bushings) are the reason this 20 Min MOD works.. right? In other words, the stiffness of the hose insulator is greater than the OEM rubber bushing.. .

I'm sure it will get here on Sunday.. so I can install 'em Monday! .. .

Thanks..
I think the larger diameter bolt and bushing thickness probably have some to do with it too.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:48 PM
There's a storm coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 SVX View Post
I think the larger diameter bolt and bushing thickness probably have some to do with it too.
Yes.
Its like having two 24" tall tires.
The one with the bigger wheel,
with the harder rubber sill be stiffer!

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link

Last edited by svxfiles; 05-27-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:22 PM
The Molinator

OHHHHhhh!.. YAAAaaaah! Makes Cents ..
Old 06-06-2011, 05:18 PM
The Molinator

Just did 20 Min MOD.. Like it TOO!

Thanks..