SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 01-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Good Sam get's 'taken' again!

About 11 years ago, a woman and her grandchildren were passing through the area and the rusted to death Buick she was driving died... I found them sitting in a parking lot of a gas station that was about to close.
I hauled the trio to my humble abode and had the Buick hauled to the planet MRAF, so we could try to save it.

It turned out to be a terminal affliction.

I had an old Ford station wagon that I had been dumping money into, trying to make a car, so I 'fronted' it to her, on the promise that she would send me $100. per month. She DID, so I figured that ALL people were honest and tried it AGAIN!
A girl was running on hard times and HER Buick died. I Knew her husband for 30 years, her dad for 20 years, so I 'Fronted' her a Dodge van.. Guess what?? She STIFFED me for $700.!!!
That was 2 years ago, and I swore that I would NEVER do that again.

WELLL.... A neighbor needed a car for his daughter and I had about 50, so I asked him what he was looking for....
He said that he had about $1,000. saved and the thousand dollar cars he saw were sad.

I, FORGETTING the lesson I had learned 2 years ago, offered a 95 Subaru Legacy AWD, Maryland inspected, for $1,600. he produced a 'good' check for $500. down, a $450 check for the paperwork and inspection papers, looked me in the eye, shook my hand and promised the balance in 'monthly payments.
He told me, ( when I asked him how the car was doing), that it had a problem with the gas filler tube and he had to have it replaced. I told him that I would give him $100. off the balance owed for the inconvienience....

That is the only 'payment' that I have recieved in over 4 months!!

If anyone else want's anything I have on CREDIT, Go to Hellin Wait, She's my NEW credit manager!

I will cut it up, crush it, part it out, whatever!!! there are only 5 people in the WORLD that will EVER get anything from me on a 'promise', because they are the only 5 people that are GOOD on their word!

Horror stories, anyone?? Tell us about the people YOU trusted that 'stiffed' you.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 01-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser

Horror stories, anyone?? Tell us about the people YOU trusted that 'stiffed' you.

i won't go into that here.

however, i would like to buy a car from you, Jerry. i will gladly pay you Tuesday.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 01-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
I have had the same experience from time to time. It is hard to be trusting when you get stiffed by several people - especially when they call you a friend.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 01-10-2007, 12:09 AM

Registered SVX
[QUOTE=

Horror stories, anyone?? Tell us about the people YOU trusted that 'stiffed' you.[/QUOTE

A month or so ago I was sitting at some traffic lights, in a very special Subaru which I have passed on to my son. I have been storing it and drive it regularly, so that it remains in good nick. It is a 1971 1300 c.c. sports sedan that I purchased new to race in a production series which I won.

You can imagine my feeling when there was a woomph and the car rocked forward in a shunt from the rear. I got out mad, but found a very distressed young woman in tears in the car behind. My soft side took over. She had third party insurance but the excess was $500, so had to pay the first $500 in any claim.

After checking the damage, bent bumper and stove in rear panel, I told her that if I stripped things down I could probably get things fixed for less than $500. She gave me her name and address and I told her I would get back to her. Naturally I also took her car registration number.

When I got home I found, damn it, that the left tail light was also broken so I phoned and told her of this bad news. ( I did not think this story would involve so much finger larbor still interested ? ) To try to cut a long story short ----.

After doing the best I could the total bill exceeded $500 and again I phoned with the bad news. She thanked me for my efforts and said she would call in in a couple of days with a cheque. She was good to her word and paid in folding stuff. I was chuffed.

I will have to leave the nasty experiences to someone else.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 01-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
i won't go into that here.

however, i would like to buy a car from you, Jerry. i will gladly pay you Tuesday.
Why NOT go into it here?? this IS the 'STIFFED' thread!

Sorry, I CRUSHED all the inventory.

Jerry
Old 01-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Quote:
Well I have a story, but it doesn't involve cars and I don't feel to much like going over it now.

Doncha wish that we could pile all of those people into one big box and send'em all straight to Hades....

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 01-10-2007, 01:53 AM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot
Well I have a story, but it doesn't involve cars and I don't feel to much like going over it now.

Doncha wish that we could pile all of those people into one big box and send'em all straight to Hades....
I have been known to build campfires that could 'consume' many things. the last time I lit one off, Harry thought the schoolbus was on fire, because the flames were 35 ft into the air. ( he couldn't see the base of the fire)

One night, I lit off 3 brush piles that were 15' across at the base and piled 20' high. It was raining and you could walk over all of my 7 acres and about 200 state owned acres without a flashlight.

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 01-10-2007 at 01:56 AM.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:18 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
I can't say I've been taken for as much as you have, but I do my fair share of favors and give people a lot of stuff for which I get no appreciation.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 01-14-2007, 06:39 PM
What blue lights?

Send a message via AIM to GOT2HAVESVX
Quote:
About 11 years ago, a woman and her grandchildren were passing through the area and the rusted to death Buick she was driving died... I found them sitting in a parking lot of a gas station that was about to close.
I hauled the trio to my humble abode and had the Buick hauled to the planet MRAF, so we could try to save it.

It turned out to be a terminal affliction.

I had an old Ford station wagon that I had been dumping money into, trying to make a car, so I 'fronted' it to her, on the promise that she would send me $100. per month. She DID, so I figured that ALL people were honest and tried it AGAIN!
A girl was running on hard times and HER Buick died. I Knew her husband for 30 years, her dad for 20 years, so I 'Fronted' her a Dodge van.. Guess what?? She STIFFED me for $700.!!!
That was 2 years ago, and I swore that I would NEVER do that again.

WELLL.... A neighbor needed a car for his daughter and I had about 50, so I asked him what he was looking for....
He said that he had about $1,000. saved and the thousand dollar cars he saw were sad.

I, FORGETTING the lesson I had learned 2 years ago, offered a 95 Subaru Legacy AWD, Maryland inspected, for $1,600. he produced a 'good' check for $500. down, a $450 check for the paperwork and inspection papers, looked me in the eye, shook my hand and promised the balance in 'monthly payments.
He told me, ( when I asked him how the car was doing), that it had a problem with the gas filler tube and he had to have it replaced. I told him that I would give him $100. off the balance owed for the inconvienience....

That is the only 'payment' that I have recieved in over 4 months!!

If anyone else want's anything I have on CREDIT, Go to Hellin Wait, She's my NEW credit manager!

I will cut it up, crush it, part it out, whatever!!! there are only 5 people in the WORLD that will EVER get anything from me on a 'promise', because they are the only 5 people that are GOOD on their word!

This MAY sound stuppid BUT call Judge Judy! Or any of the other court TV shows. You get a free trip to wherever, then they pay whatever the verdict was! Boy I could go on and on about tis crap happening to me....

Scott & Audrey's Subaru SVX's

1995 Green
1992 Black
Old 01-14-2007, 08:15 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Roommate stiffed me $900 over the cource of a few months before I ejected him.

I once loaned a coworker $200 for something to do with his car, never got it back.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Never got stiffed, cause I never sold anyone a car like that.

Getting ripped off hurts though.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: