How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 10-15-2004, 11:42 AM
The name's...

Send a message via AIM to Whoru465
Larry, you're a brilliant mind However, you are a Yanks fan, sadly your fatal flaw. As a Sox fan I have to belive they will win the whole shebang. Damon is bound to come alive, I think the home turf will help. I also agree that our rotation is F'd. It will be interesting to see if we can actually not drop the ball for once in my, and my grandfather's lifetime... By the way, It looks like the whole series is going to be bumped back a day...Rather rainy here in Beantown...

'92 Pearl LS-L (sans Spoiler) #0993 Mfg. 5/91

"It says here, 'Breakfast any time'...
That's right...
In that case, I'll have the pancakes in the Age of Enlightenment..."
Old 10-18-2004, 04:40 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Whoru,

How can you say that rooting for the winningest team in baseball is a fatal flaw? It's like rooting for the (old) Celtics in basketball or the (old) Canadiens in hockey.
I know that most Americans love to root for the underdog. If that is your case, you should root for the Cubs or the the White Sox (look up their history). Or you should root againts the Patriots.

I wanted a sweep. Yesterday, I even bought a broom to bring to work and put on the desk of my favorite Reda Sox fan, Mr. Ed. But alas, it was not to be. Ed is an interesting guy. He is a PhD Chemical Eng'r. who grew up in Brooklyn rooting for 'Da Dodgers'. When they moved to LA, it broke his heart. He lived many years in Boston and became a Read Sox fan, but like most Brooklyn Dodger fans, he is a closet Mets fans and secretly roots for them.

Pedro "Who's Your Daddy" is pitching tonight for the Sox.

These late nighters are killing me. I get up at 4:30 in the morning to go to workand I ain't no spring chiken anymore.

PS: 19 to 8 sounds like a football score.

I did get to see both Astro/Cardinal games this weekend. The Cards are not the 'machine' that I thought they were. If anyone can beat them, the Yankees can.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!

Last edited by LarryIII; 10-18-2004 at 04:47 AM.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:11 AM
Certified Porschephile

When the Yankees infield has a higher payroll then 7 or 8 entire teams, there is a problem. Baseball needs a hard cap like the NFL. The cap saved football, is despretley needed in the NHL, and should be used in baseball.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:20 PM

GO YANKEES!

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 10-20-2004, 06:41 AM

Registered SVX
Schilling was masterful last night. You could see that he was not his usual self, but he showed everyone that he is still one of the craftiest pitchers out there. He is worth every penny that the Red Sox paid for him. That is why the ‘Phollies’ will always be losers under their present front office people. First, they let him get away, then they blew the chance to get him back. That is why the Yankees will get Beltran for centerfield next year.

It had to go to the 7th game tonight. It would not be a Yankees/Red Sox series unless something weird happened in the last game giving the Yankees the win. It is the destiny of the Red Sox nation to have to come back almost all the way against the Yankees. But then, they must go down in defeat thereby ripping hope from the hearts of all their fans. Hope you enjoy the angst.

MLB better start a real umpire training school. I have never seen so many off the plate pitches called as strikes. It seems that Matsui knew that the hit was a home run long before the umpires did, and he did not need to hold a meeting to declare it a home run.

GO YANKEES !!

Larry Singer
Lead Process Mech. Eng'r.
Jacobs Engineering Group

PS: I wish the Astros good luck today. I would like to see them beat the Cardinals.

Old 10-20-2004, 08:43 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Whoru465
The Sox in 4, Larry. Hey I can dream can't I? I have a feeling the whole team in on the wagon this year and its going to be a battle to the death. Hopefully, a true end of the Yank brouhaha...But I fear my fair city will be in flames if it happens...It did when the Pats won the bowl, I can only imagine if the Sox clinch the series! Ahhh....Only 1 1/2 hours till the Yanks slow death....MWAHAHAHAHA

Well... It could be the Sox in 4 after all.... The LAST 4!!!! GO SOX!
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 10-20-2004, 10:25 PM
Really Senior Member

Talking

Larry III
On behalf of all Red Sox fans, I extend my deepest sympathy on your loss(es).
GO RED SOX!!!!!!

Sold 92 Pearlie in 2002 and 96 Polo in 2009, both to Earl Steele. Currently driving 2004 Acura TL
Old 10-20-2004, 10:34 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Just arrived back home from yankee stadium. I can't even explain how insane that game was to see in person. Who would ever think you would see thousands of red sox fans alone chanting in yankee stadium " lets go red sox" Now i'm a phillies fan but i am a Yankee hater. It is awesome to see a bunch of guys who truly love to p lay the game of baseball win the pennant and head to the world series for the first time in 18 years. Now I sat in the upper deck near the right field foul pole and i paid my friend about 300 dollars for his ticket because he couldnt go. It was well worth it as anyone who watched this game witnessed history. I always thought NY and Philly had the best sports fans but i gotta say Boston does rank up there with the best of em. Congrats red sox and hopefully you will win a world series this year and put all this curse BS to rest.

PHILLIES IN '05

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 10-20-2004, 10:43 PM
The name's...

Send a message via AIM to Whoru465
Thanks Larry for the wonderful series, enjoy the off season

'92 Pearl LS-L (sans Spoiler) #0993 Mfg. 5/91

"It says here, 'Breakfast any time'...
That's right...
In that case, I'll have the pancakes in the Age of Enlightenment..."
Old 10-21-2004, 06:05 AM

Registered SVX
The Red Sox won last night sweeping the last 4 games of the 2004 ALCS from the Yankees. I am in shock and numb all over. The Yankees always seem to be in the middle of making baseball history, both good and bad, and this one was very, very bad from my point of view.
My only solace is that this is a good thing for baseball.

What, I initially feared in the beginning of the season, has come to pass. The Yankee pitching staff SUCKS. George will be restructuring the team. Torre may even be gone. I only see Jeter, A-Rod, Mussina, & Matsui as locked in to be Yankees in 2005. The rest of the players may be gone.

This morning, I heard many broadcasters saying that the “Curse of the Bambino” is over. That is not true. In order for the curse to be officially over, the Red Sox must win the World Series. I can see them winning the World Series against the Astros but not the Cardinals. It will be interesting.

Larry III

Old 10-21-2004, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
The Red Sox won last night sweeping the last 4 games of the 2004 ALCS from the Yankees. I am in shock and numb all over. The Yankees always seem to be in the middle of making baseball history, both good and bad, and this one was very, very bad from my point of view.
My only solace is that this is a good thing for baseball.

What, I initially feared in the beginning of the season, has come to pass. The Yankee pitching staff SUCKS. George will be restructuring the team. Torre may even be gone. I only see Jeter, A-Rod, Mussina, & Matsui as locked in to be Yankees in 2005. The rest of the players may be gone.

This morning, I heard many broadcasters saying that the “Curse of the Bambino” is over. That is not true. In order for the curse to be officially over, the Red Sox must win the World Series. I can see them winning the World Series against the Astros but not the Cardinals. It will be interesting.

Larry III
Well the curse is kinda over. The only thing people care about is beating the yankees....that in a way is the red sox world series championship. NY'ers always said boston sucks and they can never beat the yankees and its finally happened. There will never be a talk again of the curse will prevent the sox from beatin the yanks. I got sick of hearing it and im glad i wont have to hear it again. This world series will be awesome because neither team has won a title in a loooooooooong time...i dont think the stro's ever have. All 3 teams involved at this point are very hungry for a title. This may be the last series that you see pedro martinez in a red sox uniform...he's lost his stuff anyway. Boston fans now have hope for the rest of their lives now that they beat the yankees. They all love the rivalry but they all cringed when they found out they had to play NY in the ALCS. Now that its done and over and Boston has prevailed the sox fans will have alot more hope for years to come. My prediction is Boston in 7 VS the Cards.

Old 10-21-2004, 07:13 AM
Certified Porschephile

I'm officially an Orioles fan, but I have been rooting for the red Sox this post season. I'm glad they are in. I hate the Yankees. Well hate is a strong word, how about really dislike. I'd like to see St. Louis in the series. If Houston gets in, has anyone else thought about a Houston vs Boston series? Texas vs Massachusetts? Bush vs Kerry? Scary! I'll go with Boston in the series for the AL, and Bush in November!!
Old 10-21-2004, 01:32 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Wink

Larry III [/B][/QUOTE]

Larry, again my heartfelt sympathies to you, Rosie & all the Singer children residing in the garage.

Lowe should have taken a knee in the 3rd inning.

Your sentiments quoted above are exactly why I have very little to do with professional sports anymore. Team screws up? No problem - Lets rent a better one for next year. Sure it'll cost more, but again no problem - the fans'll gladly spend their kid's tuition money on hotdogs 'n beer as long as they get to see A-Rod live a happy life.

Ron (The fools is us).

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:38 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
IMHO

That is just sad... the Yankees had an excellent season. Both teams had exhausted their pitching staff... It came down to guts and history... If they dismantle the Yankees over a great series like the one that I just watched.... then they deserve the curse in reverse.... As in; no matter how much money the big S spends on prima donnas, they will never come together as a team and the yanks will not win another pennant until "the BABE" has risen from the dead...
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 10-22-2004, 10:36 AM

Well looks like its cards and bo sox. Wakefield going in game 1. U think varitek will have problems catching him?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: