How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 09:18 AM
bthomas

you guys are all babies, wahh wahh wahh somebody said something offensive. Welcome to the real world. Stop living in a dream world wear everyone is nice to you. People are entitled to there own oppinions and should be allowed to say what they want. But unfortunately in this "love everybody" and "no war" tree hugging time, people think we should love and ambrace everybody. Bull crap. Stop whining.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:27 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by bthomas
you guys are all babies, wahh wahh wahh somebody said something offensive. Welcome to the real world. Stop living in a dream world wear everyone is nice to you. People are entitled to there own oppinions and should be allowed to say what they want. But unfortunately in this "love everybody" and "no war" tree hugging time, people think we should love and ambrace everybody. Bull crap. Stop whining.

Don't even pretend to tell me what the "real world" is. I was probably around the "real world" three times before you quit ****tin' your diaper. All of you BS'ers are full of "everybody's entitled to their opinions" but, when somebody says you're full of crap, it's all about "you're a whiner and get a life" --- Believe me, bubba, I ain't no baby, but I'm still not gonna put up with creeps that just love stirring the ****!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-23-2003, 09:30 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Plenty of places for flame-fests on a lot of sites out there. Please feel free to start one somewhere else.

Talking trash and throwing around insults has never been the norm around here, though it has been recently. Not necessary, not required, and not appreciated. It's got nothing to do with the site not being "real world", its got everything to do with being decent human beings.

Todd
Old 10-23-2003, 09:31 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
you guys are all babies, wahh wahh wahh somebody said something offensive. Welcome to the real world. Stop living in a dream world where everyone is nice to you. People are entitled to there own opinions and should be allowed to say what they want. But unfortunately in this "love everybody" and "no war" tree hugging time, people think we should love and embrace everybody. Bull crap. Stop whining.
There is a difference between freedom of speech and being rude for the sake of being rude. This is not a street corner, this is a club that people had to join and had to agree to a code of conduct when they applied for their membership.

By the way, I am neither a tree hugger nor a war protester, In fact, I like to cut trees down!

BTW: You spelled "opinions" and "embrace" wrong. You also used "wear" in place of "where". I corrected them for you. You're welcome

"Guess I picked the wrong day to give up drinking."

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 10-23-2003, 09:34 AM
bthomas

like i said... waah waah waah waahh.. Arn't your stiring the **** you detest in your post? In my 19 years I have seen more **** than probably 98 percent of the people here. I am the one who sees the **** you guys are not supposed to see. I clean up your guts after you F up and hit a tree or even a mother and her baby. Don't give me that your too young crap. Ive seen it all. Ive been through it all. You guys need to realize this whole drama is over one member putting so much BS on the boards about the SVX and were supposed to sit back and let it happen. You guys are fighting the wrong people. This is an SVX board. I am talking bad about certain people who talk bad about what this board is all about, the SVX. I got pissed when somebody posted absolute BS about the SVX because this is an SVX board. You guys are attacking me cause I let them know it was BS. Shame on me for not allowing someone to post BS about the SVX. Shame on me..
Old 10-23-2003, 09:35 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds
"Guess I picked the wrong day to give up drinking."

Doug
"Guess I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue"

Nice quote Doug.

Todd
Old 10-23-2003, 09:35 AM
bthomas

thanks doug, i didnt notice.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wawazat??

"Guess I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue"

Nice quote Doug.

Todd
Thanks!

"Guess I picked the wrong day to quit smoking" should have been my first choice, but since I gave up smoking about six years ago, I figure the drinking line had more meaning.

Doug
1994 LSi (4/93)

1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion

My Locker
Old 10-23-2003, 09:42 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds

In fact, I like to cut trees down!

Doug
"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK!"
Old 10-23-2003, 09:45 AM

Quote:

"I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars"

Actually only once, and it was on a dare, and well, nevermind...
1994 LSi (4/93)

1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion

My Locker
Old 10-23-2003, 09:46 AM
bthomas

"....I work all day and I sleep all night, I like to dress in womens clothing, and hang around in bars..."
Old 10-23-2003, 09:46 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:

There was a lumberjack competition on OLN the other day. Cool stuff, but I was greatly disappointed at the distinct lack of flannel.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 10-23-2003, 10:15 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
like i said... waah waah waah waahh.. Arn't your stiring the **** you detest in your post?

No, I'm just pointing out your error.

In my 19 years I have seen more **** than probably 98 percent of the people here.

I'd be willing to challenge that

I am the one who sees the **** you guys are not supposed to see. I clean up your guts after you F up and hit a tree or even a mother and her baby. Don't give me that your too young crap. Ive seen it all. Ive been through it all.

Been there, done that. I didn't say you were too young, but, I doubt in your 19 years you can still match my experience in 48 or even the collective experiences of the older members, even if they were a minority.

I take it you're an EMT. I have the utmost respect for you for choosing that profession, and admire you for your resolve for sticking with it. Please accept my gratitude for your service.

You guys need to realize this whole drama is over one member putting so much BS on the boards about the SVX and were supposed to sit back and let it happen.

Absolutely not. However, since you did not post within the context of the subject you mentioned, rather, you created different thread to air your grievance, it was without context and became a "scatter gun" statement instead of a pointed protest. I would ask, in the future, that you refer to the original post. Perhaps, in context, I would have agreed.

You guys are fighting the wrong people. This is an SVX board. I am talking bad about certain people who talk bad about what this board is all about, the SVX.

We are in full agreement here, with the exception to the word "fighting." I'm not "fighting," I'm just reacting to the ad hoc "you guys are rediculous" line -- again, out of context, but, in the context that I understood it to be.

I got pissed when somebody posted absolute BS about the SVX because this is an SVX board.

As I often do, but, I'll post within the context of the thread.

You guys are attacking me cause I let them know it was BS. Shame on me for not allowing someone to post BS about the SVX. Shame on me..

I am willing to apolgize for "going off," now that I've seen the context of your statement, but, that does not release you from your lack of decorum. As you can see, us "tree hugging, everybody loves everybody" people can get just as "unloving" as the next person, from time to time. We expect a certain amount of occasional dissention, but, the wholesale "****storms" have simply got to stop. They have become far too frequent. Spirited debate, is tolerable, pompous bravado soaked in anger and garnished with obscenities, isn't .......... in my humble opinion.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-23-2003, 10:20 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
We expect a certain amount of occasional dissention, but, the wholesale "****storms" have simply got to stop. They have become far too frequent. Spirited debate, is tolerable, pompous bravado soaked in anger and garnished with obscenities, isn't .......... in my humble opinion.
If that doesn't sum it up, I don't know what does.

Where's my friggin' applause sign?

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 10-23-2003, 10:45 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Re: Re: This is rediculous

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
I beg your effing pardon, but this is BS. NO REASON AT ALL!? I suggest you go back to the Ca$h and $VX monicers and click "view all posts by this member" button and you'll see the reasons. Don't EVEN go there!!!
And I beg YOUR pardon Aredub, but if you recall the first post I EVER made on these forums I was attacked. I wasn't being a jerk, I came here saying how much I like SVXs, and was thinking about getting one, what my current situation was, and I was ATTACKED. So yeah, if anyone is interested, PLEASE DO search for my oldest posts, and see how hypocritical a lot of people are here. Yeah, they were so ready to ban me because I defended myself and provided retors, but they don't question WHY I was defending myself, or WHY retorts were needed.

- Rob
Closed Thread