SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 03-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Thumbs up CL post full of win !!

Excellent Post to whoever broke into this guys truck..... random comedy, I love it!!

http://reno.craigslist.org/rnr/1647773518.html

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:31 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: CL post full of win !!

I love the part about fixing the GPS! It's sad some people can't hack going through life miserable, broke and legit like the rest of it. Grow a set! & stop stealing other peoples stuff.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 03-18-2010, 07:55 AM

blocked at work, can someone copy and paste it?

1992 SVX LS-L Pearl White 102,000 miles (Gone)

2005 Evolution 8 SSL Tarmac Black (new daily)

1995 Eclipse GSX Durango Copper Pearl (teh beast)
276awhp/280awtq @ 18psi (560's inj)
260awhp/260awtq @ 17psi (stock inj)
Old 03-18-2010, 07:57 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by siceclipse View Post
blocked at work, can someone copy and paste it?

To whoever broke into my car Sunday night (SW Reno)
Date: 2010-03-16, 9:10PM PDT
Reply To This Post

If you are the one who broke into my Blazer on Sunday night please read this.

It's ironic that you chose that night to rob my car. One of the points of that day's church sermon was to not hold on to material possessions too tightly. It's almost as if God was trying to prepare me for what was about to happen that night. You made off with about $1,100 dollars of my stuff, which is probably a pretty good haul for one car. Luckily you dropped my iPod in the street as you were shoving my hard earned possessions into your car and one of our kind neighbors found it and turned it into our leasing office. It's now safely back in our hands, which is good, because my computer's hard drive died and the only copies I have of my 5,000+ photographs and 7,000+ songs is currently on it.

The real bummer after that is my toolbox. Since my car has 240,000 miles on it I use my tools regularly to keep her going until such time as buying a newer car is feasible. How I will keep her going until then without tools is a mystery to me and my wife (who is really pissed that you took her favorite $2 sunglasses (and while I'm at it, I'd like to know what you will be doing with my prescription sunglasses that you took?)).

Here is a list of your awesome new belongings that you worked very hard to get from my car:

Craftsman toolbox full of Craftsman and ChannelLock tools (I've had that toolbox for 21 years now, it was my first toolbox that my parents got me when I was 13 years old, so maybe it was time for a new one?)

Craftsman hydraulic floor jack. The first Christmas present that I received from my inlaws barely 2 months after I got married a year and a half ago.

XM Radio. It worked great on that drive to Vegas where there are no radio stations within range. I probably got my money out of it anyhow.

Navigon GPS navigation system. It didn't work, but here is what's wrong with it so you can fix it: The plug on the circuit board where the charger plugs in is loose and needs to be soldered back on. My soldering skills aren't up to task, but maybe yours are? An electronics repair shop can probably do it for cheap.

My bottles of Cool Water and Polo Sport Cologne. They're mostly full so you shouldn't run out of the smelly stuff while you're burglarizing someone elses car.

G-Tech performance meter. I don't have my BMW race car anymore so I guess I didn't really need it anyhow.

You cleaned out my center console for me. I've been meaning to do that for a while a now. I don't even know what was in there, but I'm sure most of it wasn't important, other than the disposable cameras which have irreplaceable photos on them from various things. Please get them developed and cherish our photos forever.

You must have an S-10 truck or Blazer yourself, since you stole my Vent Visors, and they only fit these cars.

The things you missed are:

My Alpine stereo

My MA Audio amplifier. You tried to get it, but stopped for one reason or another.

The iPod interface for my radio. Since you didn't get the iPod or radio it wouldn't be of much value to you anyhow.

My OBD II diagnostic code reader.

My RC boat.

About $500 worth of outdoor clothing and gear.

The other part of Sunday's church sermon was about supernatural love, which includes loving your enemies. Jesus said that if an enemy slaps your cheek, turn the other towards him. I feel bad that you missed so much good gear, so in light if that message I would like for you to know that my car will be parked in the same carport with all the stuff that you missed still in it starting on Friday night. I'll even put my iPod back in it for you. Please come by and help yourself. If you're hungry and need energy in the middle of your hard night's work come on up to our apartment and I'll cook you a steak to help you recharge.

Also, don't worry. While my insurance doesn't cover anything that you took, it only took me 21 years to aquire it all, and I should be alive for at least another 21, so I can eventually replace it all.
70' Olds Toronado
98' Renault Chamade
82' Honda Prelude
79' Honda Accord awaiting restomod.
69' Mustang Hardtop
67' Jeep Ford Willys awaiting restoration.
67' IKA Torino Coupe
74' Renault Torino Coupe
Old 03-18-2010, 08:18 AM

hahahaha!
that was good

1992 SVX LS-L Pearl White 102,000 miles (Gone)

2005 Evolution 8 SSL Tarmac Black (new daily)

1995 Eclipse GSX Durango Copper Pearl (teh beast)
276awhp/280awtq @ 18psi (560's inj)
260awhp/260awtq @ 17psi (stock inj)
Old 03-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Hes from the part of Reno where I used to live, got broken into twice in 2 different cars there.

The great part is a week later I happened to look out my window at the right time around 11pm and caught 3 guys getting into cars. Called the cops, they caught them, I identified them, they went to jail

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:12 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal LS-L View Post
Hes from the part of Reno where I used to live, got broken into twice in 2 different cars there.

The great part is a week later I happened to look out my window at the right time around 11pm and caught 3 guys getting into cars. Called the cops, they caught them, I identified them, they went to jail
God job! 3 less in the streets in a night!
70' Olds Toronado
98' Renault Chamade
82' Honda Prelude
79' Honda Accord awaiting restomod.
69' Mustang Hardtop
67' Jeep Ford Willys awaiting restoration.
67' IKA Torino Coupe
74' Renault Torino Coupe

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: