Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Engine Management

Old 01-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Soon to own a fuctional SVX

Send a message via AIM to STeeL25T
Re: Changing the ECU to a MegaSquirt II

That's where I'm confused, if you have to modify or make an entire new engine harness then I don't see the benefit of a plug and play box, nothing plug and play about that. I'm interesting in seeing someone getting this working cause I have a MS guru less than 30 mins from me, Boxersix if you find your old stuff on it please let me know. Otherwise (or in addition to) I'll be glad to pledge some R&D money to Tom.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:07 PM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by STeeL25T View Post
That's where I'm confused, if you have to modify or make an entire new engine harness then I don't see the benefit of a plug and play box, nothing plug and play about that. I'm interesting in seeing someone getting this working cause I have a MS guru less than 30 mins from me, Boxersix if you find your old stuff on it please let me know. Otherwise (or in addition to) I'll be glad to pledge some R&D money to Tom.
No no no. It's the harness between the actual chasis harness and the ecu casing. Old cerca late 90's standalones had to be wired dirrectly through replacing all the OEM wiring. This is a plug and play the second the harness(which is more understood to you as an adapter harness) is wired up it's good to go between whatever OBD1 SVX you want with an unmodified chassis harness.
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 01-03-2010, 11:08 PM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Sure I will mess around with it but make no promises on making it work 100% I am more or less just interested

Tom
Sweet. I"ll let you know when i get my hands on it.
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 01-04-2010, 02:32 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxersix View Post
You should run a 60-2 trigger wheel for the crank signal for the MS.
How did you get this to work? My crank trigger only had 12 teeth? Do you have a different one or did you make your own?
Old 01-17-2010, 09:28 PM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Anyone else that would like to chime in on or about this thread over on RS25.com? http://www.rs25.com/forums/f72/t1257...ml#post1952813 Just trying to compile more ECU info and such over there. Maybe some of you eggheads(in the most endearing way of course) can help sort anything out or help out filling in the blanks? I'm interested in hearing more from one guy in there who's doing the "Porscharu" EG33 build as we've seen a ton of times but he's running the MS2 and is gonna put up more info he has from getting the triggers figured out. Just hoping this helps spur things along either on his end or our end and I can be running standalone that much sooner. I just picked up my MS2 last night so I'm getting excited.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis