How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets

Old 07-17-2002, 11:13 PM
kenm

Unhappy

I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make it on Saturday. A friend of mine was struck and killed by a car (struck Monday, died today) and the memorial is on Saturday.

Last year, I produced a car show for gullwing cars in the Bay Area, and I'm thinking of doing another next year. I had invited the SVX owners to come show their cars but mine was the only one there. The similarities between the DeLorean and the SVX are very striking when you put them side by side. Perhaps with enough notice we could try again next year.

I also think it's important that we keep trying to have theses meets. So let's try again next month, and the month after.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:49 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Quote:
Originally posted by kenm
I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make it on Saturday. A friend of mine was struck and killed by a car (struck Monday, died today) and the memorial is on Saturday.

Last year, I produced a car show for gullwing cars in the Bay Area, and I'm thinking of doing another next year. I had invited the SVX owners to come show their cars but mine was the only one there. The similarities between the DeLorean and the SVX are very striking when you put them side by side. Perhaps with enough notice we could try again next year.

I also think it's important that we keep trying to have theses meets. So let's try again next month, and the month after.
Ken,
Last year 13 DeLoreans showed up at Autofest. We had 4 SVX's. This year I've been in touch with a member of the DeLorean club to try to get situated together. (We were several blocks apart in '01.) Look in my locker for pix.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 07-18-2002, 06:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to zamorush Send a message via Yahoo to zamorush
Registered SVX
Ken,

Sorry about your friend, and that you can't make it. We will definetly plan something for the upcoming months.

I also would love to attend the delorean meet, since I never get a chance to see one in real life, and never get to chance to compare SVX to Delorean.

thanks for your reply and invitation

just tell me when you guys will have another delorean meet.

thanks

nik
Old 07-19-2002, 10:39 PM

Registered SVX
Ok, last call people. Tommorow, at 11 AM at Dave and Busters, in Milpitas, CA.

Quick directions: take 680 (from Sacramento), take Calaveras exit, turn right on Calaveras Blvd, go pass Milpitas Blvd, after you cross the bridge, take the ramp to the right and you will end up going right on Main street. From there, go all the way till you hit a Great Mall drive, it should be on your right.

Ok, see everyone there.

nik
Old 07-20-2002, 04:34 AM
Hitchhikin'

Can't go this time, but I hope this meet is even more of a success than the first. Great job on planning this, Nik, and I'm eager to see the pics from this meet. G'luck, and safe driving.
Old 07-22-2002, 09:50 PM

Registered SVX
GOOD MEET

Well, i guess the meet went pretty good. Personally i liked it, because it was my first time organizing it, and i think it went alright.

Sorry about getting lost couple of times, I really should have known where are we going, but I've been to that lake so many times, that I though i will make it without a map.

Anyway, for those who have not attended the meet, and who had, the pictures will be in my locker (if i upload them in time) and also, you can see them on my website, www.subasvx.tk, if you click on svx gallery and there should be a last link. Or, if you need a better quality, just download them from this location:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/colleg...21,%202002.rar

or just to view them

GO HERE