How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-10-2003, 11:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to milesmc214
awkward sighting

Hello, I just wanted to tell everyone about an awkward sighting that happend to me tonight as I was coming home from walmart. So I was driving down 3rd st. and my girlfriend was in the passenger side, and all the sudden she yells "look a white svx just like yours". Startled I turned my head to look. I saw a younger man in a white '92 pearl svx (I am positive of this, keep reading to find out). Any way as soon as I look at the guy, he floors it, at this point im thinkin that he is not very smart and dosnt know what kind of car he has. Anyway he has to slow down because of a semi in front of him. so then I pass him. After a while he catches up right behind me. I was hungary and upset know that my pearl svx wasnt the only one in town anymore.
So I get into a turn lane to go into wendy's the guy follows me. So now im thinkin maybe he knows what kind of car he has, and he was showing off. Myabe he wants to talk. Then after I was finished turning, he speeds by me and goes in to the parking lot of a near by mall. After he passed I caugt a glimpse of a few things. the flashy chrome wheels, his loud stereo, and a dealer sticker on the back that said autohouse. Then it hit me I had seen the car before. Coincidentally I and the "internet guy"(online inventory and e-bay sales) working for the autohouse. I thought I would never see that car again. I had looked at it many time and almost bought it for parts, because it was in rough condition and the autohouse. I also remebered seeing him come in the day after he bought it, in a different car. Management of the autohouse told me that he had totaled his svx, and wanted our 30 day warranty to cover him. The warranty was powertrain only. Alot more was wrong with the car. It had been vandalized, the antennas broken along with the winsheild wipers, the steering wheel would not adjust, the sunroof would'nt open, It had and exhaust leak and an engine knock. But know the car looked brand new. The thing that made my girlfriend notice was his loud music. I couldnt belive it and svx just like mine right next to me. To bad he seemed to be and @-hole. He eyed my car and saw that I had the factory svx emblems placed under the rear passenger window, then he gave me a look like he was better than me. But such as life I guess. Last I saw it had 98k and the original tranny with no records of it being rebuilt. I hate to wish bad things to and svx, but in this case that guy I think deserves it. Then maybe he will sell and I can buy it.

--Miles

P.S. Its kind of ironic that in one of my last posts I said somting about How I wished that there was an svx and owner that I could meet and hang out with here in Terre Haute. I have seen many passing through while I was driving a differnt car. But none had Indiana Plates on them. To my knowledge mine was the only one or at least the only Pearl one in my city.

Just thought I would share.

take care
--Miles
Old 10-10-2003, 11:47 PM
Hater

Re: awkward sighting

Quote:
Originally posted by milesmc214
Hello, I just wanted to tell everyone about an awkward sighting that happend to me tonight as I was coming home from walmart. So I was driving down 3rd st. and my girlfriend was in the passenger side, and all the sudden she yells "look a white svx just like yours". Startled I turned my head to look. I saw a younger man in a white '92 pearl svx (I am positive of this, keep reading to find out). Any way as soon as I look at the guy, he floors it, at this point im thinkin that he is not very smart and dosnt know what kind of car he has. Anyway he has to slow down because of a semi in front of him. so then I pass him. After a while he catches up right behind me. I was hungary and upset know that my pearl svx wasnt the only one in town anymore.
So I get into a turn lane to go into wendy's the guy follows me. So now im thinkin maybe he knows what kind of car he has, and he was showing off. Myabe he wants to talk. Then after I was finished turning, he speeds by me and goes in to the parking lot of a near by mall. After he passed I caugt a glimpse of a few things. the flashy chrome wheels, his loud stereo, and a dealer sticker on the back that said autohouse. Then it hit me I had seen the car before. Coincidentally I and the "internet guy"(online inventory and e-bay sales) working for the autohouse. I thought I would never see that car again. I had looked at it many time and almost bought it for parts, because it was in rough condition and the autohouse. I also remebered seeing him come in the day after he bought it, in a different car. Management of the autohouse told me that he had totaled his svx, and wanted our 30 day warranty to cover him. The warranty was powertrain only. Alot more was wrong with the car. It had been vandalized, the antennas broken along with the winsheild wipers, the steering wheel would not adjust, the sunroof would'nt open, It had and exhaust leak and an engine knock. But know the car looked brand new. The thing that made my girlfriend notice was his loud music. I couldnt belive it and svx just like mine right next to me. To bad he seemed to be and @-hole. He eyed my car and saw that I had the factory svx emblems placed under the rear passenger window, then he gave me a look like he was better than me. But such as life I guess. Last I saw it had 98k and the original tranny with no records of it being rebuilt. I hate to wish bad things to and svx, but in this case that guy I think deserves it. Then maybe he will sell and I can buy it.

--Miles

P.S. Its kind of ironic that in one of my last posts I said somting about How I wished that there was an svx and owner that I could meet and hang out with here in Terre Haute. I have seen many passing through while I was driving a differnt car. But none had Indiana Plates on them. To my knowledge mine was the only one or at least the only Pearl one in my city.

Just thought I would share.

take care
--Miles

i assume you're not an English major. just kidding.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 10-10-2003, 11:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to milesmc214
sorry for the bad editing

Sorry for the bad editing in my first post. I just really tired its 1 a.m. , and I got up at 6 a.m.. I had a good day, other than the "awkward sighting".

--Miles
Yawning ('') its time for bed.
goodnight.
Old 10-11-2003, 12:05 AM
Hater

yeah, bedtime. insomnia sucks.

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)