Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2001, 10:48 AM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
Exclamation Sorta OT: What a week!!!

Just a little bit of venting for all who know me... my automotive week has not exactly been stellar!!!

First of all, my Fiero started having problems. People following various threads around here know I bought it as a beater for driving at work, keep the miles off the SVX. Well, at the weekend I started having cranking problems... battery kept dying for no good reason. Well, I jumped it using the rental car (don't tell Enterprise) and all was good until Wednesday night when I drove it... the bugger stalled going into the garage and hasn't started since. Click... click... clickity... click. Hmm... bugger. And Eddy... before you say it... I know!!!

Ah well, got the call yesterday at 4pm that my SVX was ready after being in the shop for 4 weeks solid for body work (it was crunched in a minor fender-bender while I was in New York... some lady in a pickup reversed into it in a gas station and crunched the front-left fender. What is it with my car, pickups and gas stations???? Those who remember well may recall that somebody reversed into my SVX in a pickup in a gas station back in November as well!!! Do I have a "reverse into me!" sign on my windshield?? Well, different pickup, different gas station... thankfully this time the lady admitted fault (mostly because my wife was inside the station paying for the gas at the time).

Anyhoo, I go to pick up my car this morning... he looks awesome (yes, my car's male... don't ask!). Perfectly matched paintjob, the only way you can tell the fender's new is to pop the hood and see that it's cleaner where it bolts on than the surrounding area... I really need to clean out my engine compartment. I get in, settle in and turn the key. Click. I stare at the key and turn it again... click. Beat my head on the steering wheel once then get out and have one of the shop guys give me a jump-start.

Well, suffice to say that I had hoped it would charge good driving to work this morning... it didn't. So I've just had to ask one of my co-workers for a jump-start, then go around to Autozone and get a new battery... for which I was $5 short!!!! ACK! Well, at the end of the day the guy at Autozone was cool and fronted me the $5 until next week (I don't carry credit cards, as those who've met me will attest), and now I've got a new battery, I've got a WONDERFUL looking SVX (that needs a wheel bearing... that's in next month's budget!), and a dead Fiero! So far this week's not looking great... so please everyone wish me luck as I spend the weekend cleaning my SVX out completely (it's a mess) and tearing my Fiero apart to find out what the hell's gotten stuck (I suspect the starter's frozen).

Thanks for listening to the rant, my friends... nice to always know I've got a place to let off some steam!

So when's the next nearby meet? I REALLY wanna meet Aredub