Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2007, 09:46 AM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
A counterpoint can be made: why shouldn't they? Historically, the right seeks to quash the freedom of expression. When far-right governments don't like something, they censor it. The left is almost universally for freedom of expression and the right of the press to remain as free as possible.
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 02-25-2007, 03:31 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
I don't understand why people must categorize themselves like this. It seems some liberals or conservatives will base their entire being on their political beliefs. Seems to me there is little room to become an individual when you let political bias rule you. Neither wing is "right", nor "good".
I say let them fight it out and whoever is left standing gets to have their way. That seems to be the tradition around here. The colonists over Britain, the North US over the Confederacy, the military and the Dept. of Defense over the world and government funding, and in recent years the media has won over the minds of everyone too stupid to realize the world is a lot safer than it is made it out to be.

Liberals will never solve the immigrant problem because they are too scared to lay down the law. They preach about freedom for everyone and rights and these are things we need, but they do come at a cost. Illegal immigration is illegal and illegal immigrants should be deported! The US is a contained, mostly controlled economic base of the world, not a free-riding lawless uncharted wilderness anymore.

Conservatives will never solve the immigrant problem because they want to change the law. Neo-Cons do not own America! Stop acting like you do. You would as quickly use the Constitution as tp as you would throw your own brother in jail if you thought he might harm you, and solely on the basis of speculation. So afraid of change, if it is not dedicated to you and your own well-being.

Do you know what will solve the problem? Nothing. Nothing because the people with a voice in this country, the people who can do something about anything are weak and/or petty. We truly live in a bastardized version of the original and keeping self-destructive markets alive and CEOs rich is higher on the agenda than the crumbling foundations of what is now a pathetic excuse for a culture. I never really thought deeply about our predicament until I saw how we are constantly under a hail of criticism from other countries and cultures. Granted, they have problems too, but we are an easy target because we make it so easy. We constantly mix God into everything. God rules the elections because we are a country of radical Christians, most of whom are just for show. We are lazy and cheap. We outsource to maximize capital gains yet forget we are costing our own consumer base jobs. We are paranoid and blind. Bumping up security in places it is not needed but unsure of what to do in cities with high crime rates. We feel safe because we erect these mental barriers between us and would-be assailants that do not exist, yet do not realize these barriers and your political goggles do nothing.

Nothing is the problem in America because it is all a lot of people are willing to do.
Talk it up America, it is the only thing you are really good at.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:26 AM
Work, Sleep, SVX, Repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipa
I got a better idea. How about you get picked up, thrown in jail, and for the next 4 years your friends and family have no clue where you are and if you're even alive? And you don't know what, if any charges have been brought against you, you aren't allowed a phone call, a lawyer might be assigned to you, and no evidence is presented to show why you are in prison. That's justice, eh?
All I have to say about all of this stuff, is first off, if your not from american don't worry about it. Second of all, who cares if a terrorist isn't being given a proper trial. Would you care if they just held Hitler for awhile and didn't do anything tell like 4-5yrs later, or Stalin...probably not. Your talking about people who have chosen to make their life mission, taking other peoples lives, and freedom. Killing husbands, sons, duaghters, friends, whatever. So why should we give them the benifit of the doubt. I say we go by ancient laws. Eye for an eye. Even the bible has several passages about capital punishment. Sorry to break in on this little conversation, I just find it interesting so many people with little understanding of america, have so much to say about it. And assuming you are from canada as I believe I read befor, Canada wouldn't know much about war-time rules, and dealing with prisioners, because for the most part you haven't ever really particapated in one. not since colonial days. (I don't really count your brief tours in World War 2)
Old 07-30-2007, 05:32 AM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsILayDying
And assuming you are from canada as I believe I read befor, Canada wouldn't know much about war-time rules, and dealing with prisioners, because for the most part you haven't ever really particapated in one. not since colonial days. (I don't really count your brief tours in World War 2)
Talk about IGNORANT!

Learn your history, fool. I don't know what they taught you in your american school, but Canada played a huge, major role in both WWI and WWII, and it really irritates me when americans assume that we did nothing at all.

Ever heard of the Battle of Vimy Ridge? That would be a good place to start.
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 07-30-2007, 07:14 AM
no limitation as limitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsILayDying
All I have to say about all of this stuff, is first off, if your not from american don't worry about it. Second of all, who cares if a terrorist isn't being given a proper trial. Would you care if they just held Hitler for awhile and didn't do anything tell like 4-5yrs later, or Stalin...probably not. Your talking about people who have chosen to make their life mission, taking other peoples lives, and freedom. Killing husbands, sons, duaghters, friends, whatever. So why should we give them the benifit of the doubt. I say we go by ancient laws. Eye for an eye. Even the bible has several passages about capital punishment.
due process and a the right to a fair trial is independent from the acts committed. our justice system articulates the concept of inalienable human rights, now this is key, they are inalienable, meaning that we as a civilized system do not violate them. i hear a lot of uneducated people throw around the word freedom in a context that makes it evident that they lack a proper understanding of the term. let me makes this clear, the transcendental cause for freedom is that you allow the possibility of it to exist in others. ergo, our nation is the "land of the free" because it allows for the possibility of freedom. when we violate basic human goods in the pursuit of so called justice we no longer remain a free nation. if im not mistaken a large part of due process is innocent until proven guilty.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:16 AM
no limitation as limitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Destiny
Talk about IGNORANT!

Learn your history, fool. I don't know what they taught you in your american school, but Canada played a huge, major role in both WWI and WWII, and it really irritates me when americans assume that we did nothing at all.

Ever heard of the Battle of Vimy Ridge? That would be a good place to start.
im not going to lie, our educational system really overlooks anything north of new jersey.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:05 PM
242,000 mi on oem trans

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewmongan
im not going to lie, our educational system really overlooks anything north of new jersey.
LMAO BRAVO!!

On a tangent... I was talking with a friend the other day, it was suggested that we allow immigration from Mexico, with the proviso that they serve a minimum 2 years in the military. If they survive...oops I mean after that, they can take the test (in english) & get citizenship. D**n the Marines, send in the Mexicans!
Current Stable By Age:
'89 Subaru XT6 Silver "Audrey" as in Hepburn
'96 SVX LSi #767Brilliant Red "Lil Red" Now on the front burner. Looking for a totalled, but running parts car.