IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
69 Charger link 2010

I am going to SAVE the life of a 69 Charger, starting last saturday. We picked it up and hauled it to the 'New and Improoooved' Farm.
I put the best frame paint I have ever met on the new parts tuesday night, bought the sand blasting medium today and will be attacking this car with a vengance on friday night!

LINKEE!!! http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/n...roject%202010/
I had 122 'views' on these 6 pics in 48 HOURS!! I have not yet begun the fight to save her. I will be posting more pics on Sunday.

If I can save THIS one, NOTHING is beyond help!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 06-17-2010, 09:08 PM
51 Club

Registered SVX
Re: 69 Charger link 2010

Wow! That's a real Flintstone mobile. The exterior looks not as bad though.
I had a down payment on a '69 440 RT back in about '79. Original paint and almost zero rust for $1,200.00. I couldn't raise the cash and had to let it go.

Good luck with it.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:48 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Oh....Oh.... Jerry! I envy you now...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:31 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

I might have to talk to you this fall at the pumpkin carve meet. I would love to try to pick up either a Charger or a GTO next summer as my next project...
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 06-18-2010, 06:39 PM
What Potholes ???

Registered SVX

I've seen alot worse than that come back from the dead. I looked at one a few summers ago up here in the rust belt that looked like swiss cheese. There wasn't a spot of paint left, all rust and it came back. If any cars are worth a difficult restoration it's those. Good luck with it.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 06-18-2010, 07:30 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Is it still hard to get classic Mopar parts or has that improved as the muscle car values have gone up?
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 06-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean486 View Post
Is it still hard to get classic Mopar parts or has that improved as the muscle car values have gone up?
It's not hard to find them, but they are rather 'pricey'.

All the stuff that was bought came from Year One.
Stuff we used to throw away years ago now brings over $100. IF you can find it.

Jerry
Old 06-20-2010, 08:31 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser View Post
I am going to SAVE the life of a 69 Charger, starting last saturday. We picked it up and hauled it to the 'New and Improoooved' Farm.
I put the best frame paint I have ever met on the new parts tuesday night, bought the sand blasting medium today and will be attacking this car with a vengance on friday night!

LINKEE!!! http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/n...roject%202010/
I had 122 'views' on these 6 pics in 48 HOURS!! I have not yet begun the fight to save her. I will be posting more pics on Sunday.

If I can save THIS one, NOTHING is beyond help!
Got to the farm, wanted to snap a few pics and the batteries were dead! I didn't feel like driving 15 miles to get batteries, so there are no new pics to offer.

Jerry
Old 07-03-2010, 10:21 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

Any updates?
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 07-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

a little rust?

who's SVX is that in the one pic?

-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 07-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
a little rust?

who's SVX is that in the one pic?

-Bill
That be MY SVX. I had a session with Dr Mike last week so the Charger has taken a back seat to the recliner. I may be healed up enough to actually DO something soon. (I had 3 tumors removed last monday, the 28th) Things are moving rather slowley at this point. Nothing that was cancerous, but it still hurts anyway!
I did get all the new pieces covered with the frame protectant paint, but I have not actually welded anything in yet.

Jerry
Old 07-06-2010, 06:20 PM

Thumbs up Re: 69 Charger link 2010

Yeh, year one was a life saver for Mopar parts. I used them for my 74 Cuda. There is also a place for body parts used to stock alot of older stuff I believe it was called Interstate Auto Supply based out of SLC, Utah.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:06 PM
Now with more color

Since the much needed rain has been falling all evening and I was at the farm inspecting the days progress, I had a chance to chat with the young man that has been helping the 'new' guy for a month. He has been mentioning a lot of really great iron that his Dad has and his 'Pap' used to have before he died.
One thing led to another and we got around to talking about his 'Pap'.
I kept hearing stories about 66 GTO's 67 Firebirds, Malibus and 60's Chevy pickups. (At least12 cars).
I mentioned that I knew a guy with such a collection.
I asked what his 'Pap's name was....His 'Pap' was a man I have KNOWN since I was 14!! I didn't know that he had died, but found out tonite that the cars are STILL THERE!!
I have NO desire to scam the young man out of them! I WILL teach him all about PLAZMA cutters, Mig welders and offer a place to PUT those 12 cars while I teach him all the TRIX I know!
He confessed that he is hanging out here to LEARN bodywork so he could DO the cars! He is 19.
Several days ago, I told him that he was the most 'motivated' young man I have met in a long time and that I was 'inspired' by his desire to learn. THEN he dropped the BOMBSHELL tonite!!

I offered the use of both of my trucks and Tony and his truck and trailer to get these cars out of harms way ASAP!!

Bret did lay down a few ground rules. The 'painted on' bird footprints on the 40 Ford has to be preserved and the Firebird with 'Pap's Toy' spray bombed on the deck lid too, MUST be there when the car is done.
They are HIS cars!! We will do what he wants!

The 'RUST gods' have SHINED on us!! We are going to cover our piece of the earth with MORE iron!

Jerry
Old 07-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Since the much needed rain has been falling all evening and I was at the farm inspecting the days progress, I had a chance to chat with the young man that has been helping the 'new' guy for a month. He has been mentioning a lot of really great iron that his Dad has and his 'Pap' used to have before he died.
One thing led to another and we got around to talking about his 'Pap'.
I kept hearing stories about 66 GTO's 67 Firebirds, Malibus and 60's Chevy pickups. (At least12 cars).
I mentioned that I knew a guy with such a collection.
I asked what his 'Pap's name was....His 'Pap' was a man I have KNOWN since I was 14!! I didn't know that he had died, but found out tonite that the cars are STILL THERE!!
I have NO desire to scam the young man out of them! I WILL teach him all about PLAZMA cutters, Mig welders and offer a place to PUT those 12 cars while I teach him all the TRIX I know!
He confessed that he is hanging out here to LEARN bodywork so he could DO the cars! He is 19.
Several days ago, I told him that he was the most 'motivated' young man I have met in a long time and that I was 'inspired' by his desire to learn. THEN he dropped the BOMBSHELL tonite!!

I offered the use of both of my trucks and Tony and his truck and trailer to get these cars out of harms way ASAP!!

Bret did lay down a few ground rules. The 'painted on' bird footprints on the 40 Ford has to be preserved and the Firebird with 'Pap's Toy' spray bombed on the deck lid too, MUST be there when the car is done.
They are HIS cars!! We will do what he wants!

The 'RUST gods' have SHINED on us!! We are going to cover our piece of the earth with MORE iron!
Knowing that the front fenders are trash, I loaded them with tiger hair to get the holes all gone. They were braized in about 20 years ago and bondo was applied by the POUND to fabricate front fenders.
The owner is in the market for 2 good fronts. I just sculpted fax fronts out of glass and bondo to keep the mud off the windshield in the mean time.
The debris field behind the car resembled the 'Crash site' of a small aircraft by time I cut all the rust and welded signs out of it! I invited the owner to stop by and spend a few hours wire brushing the pieces that will be covered the next time I am there, and covering them with shiney black.
Two of us had 12 hours in it saturday, the owner and his son had 2 hours, then the entire crew attacked it for 4 hours after the owner left.
I ran the plaz for OVER 6 hours without killing the power! When I wasn't cutting trash out, I was making stuff. It just made sense to 'not' shut it down.
I am going to TRY to load a few pics onto the bucket tonite. My puter is down and I am using the wife's lap top.If it works, I'll be back. If not, I'll get them loaded sometime in the near future. HOWEVER!! I am better using a plaz and mig than I am a computer!
I called Anthony and asked him to bring my truck by to haul the Miller and the metal break to the shop tomorrow. I have a Hobart there, but want my Miller mig for this project.

Jerry
Old 07-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Knowing that the front fenders are trash, I loaded them with tiger hair to get the holes all gone. They were braized in about 20 years ago and bondo was applied by the POUND to fabricate front fenders.
The owner is in the market for 2 good fronts. I just sculpted fax fronts out of glass and bondo to keep the mud off the windshield in the mean time.
The debris field behind the car resembled the 'Crash site' of a small aircraft by time I cut all the rust and welded signs out of it! I invited the owner to stop by and spend a few hours wire brushing the pieces that will be covered the next time I am there, and covering them with shiney black.
Two of us had 12 hours in it saturday, the owner and his son had 2 hours, then the entire crew attacked it for 4 hours after the owner left.
I ran the plaz for OVER 6 hours without killing the power! When I wasn't cutting trash out, I was making stuff. It just made sense to 'not' shut it down.
I am going to TRY to load a few pics onto the bucket tonite. My puter is down and I am using the wife's lap top.If it works, I'll be back. If not, I'll get them loaded sometime in the near future. HOWEVER!! I am better using a plaz and mig than I am a computer!
I called Anthony and asked him to bring my truck by to haul the Miller and the metal break to the shop tomorrow. I have a Hobart there, but want my Miller mig for this project.
OK, The junk puter would not accept my pics.
There has been over 500 'views' of the 6 pics I have posted!!
I have a LOT of 'new' pics that I will be loading soon.
My second best 'album' is the 46 RatRod with 487 views!

Jerry