Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2002, 07:24 PM
Jedi Member

Indiglo Dash Gagues Help!

So I bought the Reverse Indiglo Dash Gagues from Procarparts.com and the instruction Xerox is a joke. Words I've never even seen before. Lwin's locker pictures were awesome with helping me get the panel out but I have no idea where to connect the wires to. I also took out the blubs for the original gagues because I heard somewhere that they backlight the indiglo and it looks odd. Can anyone help me?
'01 Legacy Outback, White,
Old 07-14-2002, 06:36 PM
Jedi Member

Lwin, I know you've installed them before, where do I put the wires for the power? BTW, you said you took out your coin holder and put in the dimmer switch. Did you miss not having the coin holder?
Old 07-14-2002, 06:51 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by FlagstaffSVX
Lwin, I know you've installed them before, where do I put the wires for the power? BTW, you said you took out your coin holder and put in the dimmer switch. Did you miss not having the coin holder?
Ok. This is the story. I had the indiglows before. I hated them (i love the blue look but I wanted a blue with black background. The white background was way off for me. As for the coin holder, I don't really miss it. I have I-Pass for the tolls. Otherwise, coins goes in the ashtray anyways.

As for the wiring, run the power and ground from the switch the powers the power mirrors and parking lights. You want to power it in a way that when the parking lights are on, the power for the indiglow is on. A miltimeter (volt meter might be useful).

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 07-14-2002, 08:34 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
This is what my gauges look like now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aut_0013.jpg (73.4 KB, 99 views)
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 07-15-2002, 05:17 PM
Jedi Member

Well, I've been screwing with the parking lights and heated mirrors switch and I've only figured out a few things. There are two hot lines, one for each switch. They are always on. If I connect the ground to any of the other ones the gagues light up but if I turn the parking lights on they flicker. I'm looking into figuring out a way to turn them on when the normal headlights go on, you know, like they did with the OE gagues. I'm thinking I may have to solder the leads to something by the steering collumn or in the back of the gague box its self. Also, Lwin, how did you figure out where the dials went before you took them off? I turned on my car and the needle jumped to 40
Old 07-15-2002, 05:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
When I wired up my gauges, I just ran the hot into the fuse for the dash lights.. Just pull that fuse, then wrap the power line around the fuse and pop it back in.. Radio Shack makes a kit that you can use to achieve the same thing..

http://stickyvinylgraphics.com/
Old 07-16-2002, 12:59 AM
Jedi Member

I actually thought about doing that but I didn't think the wires would squeeze into the fuse slot, what with the tight fit already. I'll try it out though, now that I know it will work. BTW, where would I submit a how-to for the dash gague install, Lwin's pictures are awesome at explaining how to get the things out but there are complicated parts to the rest of the project. Is there a former DJ out there who can show me the path?