Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-16-2004, 08:13 PM
SVinX

I'm broke off my arse. I'm saving for a wedding in January, the tranny in my truck went bad and my horse had to have corrective shoeing.

So I'm looking for another vehicle and, my fiance, (who has an RS and has been trying to get me out of my "truck phase" so I can autocross with him) says "Hey, if you get a Subaru, I'll pay for some of it". Who could pass that up!?!? I looked at every Subaru. The ones I liked (WRX, STI), I couldn't afford. The ones I could afford (various mom cars), I didn't like.

So we're riding through the parking lot at the Blockbuster and I see this BANGIN red car - he's like "That, my dear, is a Subaru SVX".

A week later, I bought one off Ebay without ever seeing the inside or driving one and I have to say, to quote some other dude's post I read <I love my car like a fat kid love cake>...

I must say there are some quirky things, but the "neckbreakers" are awesome.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:11 AM
shiftin' an automatic

Send a message via AIM to EddieSVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SVinX
I'm broke off my arse. I'm saving for a wedding in January, the tranny in my truck went bad and my horse had to have corrective shoeing.

So I'm looking for another vehicle and, my fiance, (who has an RS and has been trying to get me out of my "truck phase" so I can autocross with him) says "Hey, if you get a Subaru, I'll pay for some of it". Who could pass that up!?!? I looked at every Subaru. The ones I liked (WRX, STI), I couldn't afford. The ones I could afford (various mom cars), I didn't like.

So we're riding through the parking lot at the Blockbuster and I see this BANGIN red car - he's like "That, my dear, is a Subaru SVX".

A week later, I bought one off Ebay without ever seeing the inside or driving one and I have to say, to quote some other dude's post I read <I love my car like a fat kid love cake>...

I must say there are some quirky things, but the "neckbreakers" are awesome.
Great way to "stumble" upon such a surprise.

By the way, 2002 WRX's are going for about $16 ~ $17k at dealers, $14 ~ $15k private sale with decent miles nowadays.

'92 SVX LS-L (For Sale! Info and link to pics... ) #9536 blt. 4/92 (late boomer '92)
'01 Audi S4 (2.7L Twin Turbo - 6MT)
Old 09-17-2004, 12:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Rosie and I wanted to get the feeling again that we used to have from our 84 Supra. We did not need 2 Outbacks. We both test drove a '95 that the Suby dealer had on the lot and we were hooked. Coming back to the dealership on the test drive , Rosie and I were trying to figure out what color we wanted. Getting an SVX was a foregone conclusion.
When we returned the salesman showed us the brochure and said that '97 was the last year of production and he did not have any in stock. We both told him to find a Bordeaux Pearl (burgundy) LSi. It took them about 3 weeks to get one and then we had 'SUBYDOO'.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 09-17-2004, 12:45 PM
no limitation as limitation

Quote:
Originally posted by SVinX
to quote some other dude's post I read <I love my car like a fat kid love cake>...

hahahahaha that was me.... i have to give props to 50 cent for that one