Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-10-2001, 12:15 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: you gotta be kidding me......

Quote:
Originally posted by eddycat2000

No, you don't.
Just because I don't agree with you, does not mean I don't respect your experience and your abilities. I disagree with many people whose experience and abilities I respect. I respect that you have been "under" many a Subaru and many an SVX. Trouble is, you can not witness the "passive AWS" unless you're "under" the SVX when it's in motion and cornering. Nonetheless, you're opinion of whether I "do" or "don't" cannot really be argued, since I'm the only one who knows for an absolute certainty.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 07-10-2001, 01:05 PM
black-svx

""the guy that owns a 980 HP SVX, and the one that owns a designed for rear wheel drive SVX, and the one (s?) that have AWS, the fella that had two buttons on his shift lever""

Eddy throw that guy with the "rare turbo" SVX in the room with em! And give them all clubs in case the magazines don't beat enough sense into them.

Actually I would love to take an honest look at each of their cars. . see if there is any truth to it, you know?

-Raptor

Last edited by black-svx; 07-10-2001 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-10-2001, 01:42 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: you gotta be kidding me......

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Just because I don't agree with you, does not mean I don't respect your experience and your abilities. I disagree with many people whose experience and abilities I respect. I respect that you have been "under" many a Subaru and many an SVX. Trouble is, you can not witness the "passive AWS" unless you're "under" the SVX when it's in motion and cornering. Nonetheless, you're opinion of whether I "do" or "don't" cannot really be argued, since I'm the only one who knows for an absolute certainty.
Well then you have obviously been run over by a "passive AWS" SVX.

I'm getting tired of repeating this, you have AWS, you will not be told that you don't, regardless of facts and experience. So I'm very happy for you. Argue till the cows come home dood, you've bought some sales literature crap and you're happy with it. I can deal with that.

How's that brand new TPS working out for ya?

And yes, I can decipher what your meaning is in what you say (or post as it were). You would rather take your *facts* from some spin doctor trying to sell cars than someone who has worked on them for way too many years. Hands up! I give, you're right, I'm wrong. Let's just leave it there shall we? You *HAVE* AWS! You need it, you want it, you have to have it, you'll get no argument from me.

For all of you following this AWS BS, you don't have it, you never will, unless you import and install the real thing from Japan. And I apologize that I can't get my point across nor seem to end this thread. Aredub has AWS, he's sure of it, end of story.
Old 07-10-2001, 01:59 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by black-svx
Eddy throw that guy with the "rare turbo" SVX in the room with em! And give them all clubs in case the magazines don't beat enough sense into them.

Actually I would love to take an honest look at each of their cars. . see if there is any truth to it, you know?

-Raptor
Perhaps. I'm a bit tired of the whole AWS thing here, but think about this guys.

Do you have bushings in your rear suspension? Yes. Are these bushings made of rubber? Yes. Do they move when you drive? Duh? Does this constitute steering? Only according to Aredub. What in god's name are you steering? The bushings are reacting to outside forces making them *react* to said forces.

Please, please don't make an idiot out of yourself and tell someone you have AWS. Anyone that has had *real* AWS on a car they have owned will call yer bluff.

As far as looking at their cars, Peepee quit posting on the yahoo site when the deadline for his proof was approaching, the brochure toting kid admitted he was 14 and didn't even own an SVX, there are turbo SVX's out there but none factory, and we have people with AWS. I'd just love to...HEY!...If the car has AWS it should be in the parts books right? Gimme a part number or two! Our friend in Gunma might be able to fix us up, but I doubt anyone in the US can.
Old 07-10-2001, 02:23 PM
Habesha

Sheesh

Okay, so I shouldn't have used the term 4ws. That's the term *I* saw used to describe the whole rear wil lean thingie... pardon me habibi

May your water be sweet...
Old 07-10-2001, 02:36 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
I'm getting just as tired of it as you are, but, it will not end 'til you end it. You say "it's over" then you come back with another tirade. This isn't ending anything.

I let the thing die a long time ago, however you insist on your Loch Ness monster sightings and other childish and ludicrous comparisons.

I'm not pulling stuff out of my a$$ that has not been proven. I've given ample evidence. Not only in "sales literature" but by engineers. You keep saying AWS, I keep saying "passive AWS." You keep trying to mullify the point by implying that I said the car has "AWS." It's a tactic I understand. It's okay.

Passive AWS is a terminology used, not only by Subaru, but, by Citreon, Peugeot, Porsche and many others today. The terminology exists, the effect exists as proven by Porsche's Weissach axle which was developed in the 70's. Our car's suspension is simply a variant of that. It isn't my fault that the way people chose to characterize it was with the terminology "passive rear wheel" or "passive all wheel" steering.

BTW, you used the term "gas pedal" in one of your posts. I looked both in my Factory service manual and in my parts catalogue and they're not in there. We must not have one on our cars then.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 07-10-2001, 03:15 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
I'm getting just as tired of it as you are, but, it will not end 'til you end it. You say "it's over" then you come back with another tirade. This isn't ending anything.

I let the thing die a long time ago, however you insist on your Loch Ness monster sightings and other childish and ludicrous comparisons.

I'm not pulling stuff out of my a$$ that has not been proven. I've given ample evidence. Not only in "sales literature" but by engineers. You keep saying AWS, I keep saying "passive AWS." You keep trying to mullify the point by implying that I said the car has "AWS." It's a tactic I understand. It's okay.

Passive AWS is a terminology used, not only by Subaru, but, by Citreon, Peugeot, Porsche and many others today. The terminology exists, the effect exists as proven by Porsche's Weissach axle which was developed in the 70's. Our car's suspension is simply a variant of that. It isn't my fault that the way people chose to characterize it was with the terminology "passive rear wheel" or "passive all wheel" steering.

BTW, you used the term "gas pedal" in one of your posts. I looked both in my Factory service manual and in my parts catalogue and they're not in there. We must not have one on our cars then.
"I'm not pulling stuff out of my a$$ that has not been proven." Hey SVXlover86 is that you? Lemme see if I can find that brochure....

Gas pedal. Okay, I'll bite, should I have called it an accelerator pedal? Perhaps a foot feed? My terminology is determined on what I think is appropriate for the situation. If someone wants to call a starter drive a bendix, so be it, I know what they are talking about.

Hey, I'm all for the Loch Ness monster, I seen it on teevee, it's got to be true because we all know if'n it's in print or on teevee it's true.

And yes, I'm guilty as charged of not letting this thing go. But when I am right, and I am, I will never let it go. You obviously have the same philosophy. However, other than the loch ness and bigfoot references, I don't think I have called you childish or insulted your professional knowledge. (Besides, these guys keep making me do it...it's not my fault I swear!)

I'm actually in a pretty good mood today, I got to drive my SVX, (sans AWS), to another town today. Beautiful sunshiney day, sunroof open, didn't even turn on the CD just so I could enjoy the ride.

And the insults start up...vroom, vroom...gentlemen start your engines! Aredub can't prove his point so I get called childish and ludicrous...vroom, vroom! Ahhh, the last resource of someone who is wrong. I just knew it would come to name calling and character assasination. I wonder if Cleo would like a sidekick psychic?

One last question Aredub, you stated that I implied you said the car had AWS, and you said that you had stated that it had "passive AWS". Am I correct there? So whats the story? Does it have AWS or not? Inquiring minds want to know. (Most of us already do know, I'm just waiting to hear it from you).
Old 07-10-2001, 03:20 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Guys, this reminds me of the scene in "A Few Good Men" when the guy asked where do you get the meals? We know code red was issued. Same thing here. We know what we know. Can we all agree on a couple of things?

1. Unless you have personally imported the SVX with active 4WS, there is no such thing as full time AWS SVX in the US.

2. The brochures can be wrong as well.

3. Subaru denies having any form of AWS SVX in the US.

4. The hind wheels of the car does move slightly under force.

5. SVX is one of the best cars on the road today.

How is that for a wrap up on the situation?

Since I have a FWD, I don't see any toe adjustment for the back wheels. I assume the passive AWS (or slight movement at the back wheel) is for the AWD SVX. Am I correct in that assumption?

Lwin
ps. I just saw a DB7 on the road just a few seconds ago. it looks nice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aut_0019.jpg (309.8 KB, 104 views)
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 07-10-2001, 03:50 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
I don't think I have called you childish or insulted your professional knowledge. (Besides, these guys keep making me do it...it's not my fault I swear!)
Oh, no, eddy, you haven't at all engaged in any "insults"

"Please, please don't make an idiot out of yourself"

"Oh man, I just had a thought! (Rare occurance) Wouldn't it be funny if we locked the guy that owns a 980 HP SVX, and the one that owns a designed for rear wheel drive SVX, and the one (s?) that have AWS, the fella that had two buttons on his shift lever (none of the rest of us do, yahoo thread, sorry might have lost you on that one), and the 14 year old brochure totin' kid in a room and toss in a few copies of road and track and some sales literature? Imagine the brainstorming in that room!"

"You would rather take your *facts* from some spin doctor"

Now, although, you have not named me directly, I understand who these insults are leveled at. That, my friend, is what I would call "passive insulting."
Subaru Ambassador

Old 07-10-2001, 05:45 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
Since I have a FWD, I don't see any toe adjustment for the back wheels. I assume the passive AWS (or slight movement at the back wheel) is for the AWD SVX. Am I correct in that assumption?

Lwin
Lwin, to my knowledge you do have a toe adjustment in the back. You can't see it unless you know exactly what to look for. It is just a couple of eccentric bolts where the AWS bolts to the sub frame. (They look like normal bolts until you get to turning them).
Old 07-10-2001, 05:51 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:

Oh, no, eddy, you haven't at all engaged in any "insults"

Now, although, you have not named me directly, I understand who these insults are leveled at. That, my friend, is what I would call "passive insulting."
My point exactly sir Aredub. "Passive insulting", hence "not insulting".

My use of those terms and phrases were a (perhaps) lame attempt at humor to make people, yes including you, realize that you don't have AWS.
Old 07-10-2001, 06:33 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Aston Martin

<I just saw a DB7 on the road just a few seconds ago. it looks nice.>

Lwin,
Do you carry a digital camera with you? Cool....I couldn't have guessed what the car was without you identifying it. Nice butt! (I've said that TWICE now; two different cars...hmmmmm)
I also noticed that your gas prices have not come down very much. I'm paying $1.36 for premium here, and saw regular earlier today near Wytheville, Virginia for $1.14.

------------------
As to all these posts on this thread:
(1) is this our first official spat? and..
(2) do I have to get my official Yahoo flamesuit out of mothballs?

Put 175 miles on SuperRu today and watched her turn over the 140k mark. Keep goin' baby, keep goin'...... Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 07-10-2001, 06:36 PM

Digital cam is always with me. A nice way to ID a drunk drive, or a moronic cop. Here is a better butt. If you zoom in, you can see the DB7 on the lower left hand side.

Lwin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aut_0018.jpg (345.5 KB, 95 views)
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 07-10-2001, 06:37 PM

Quote:

Lwin, to my knowledge you do have a toe adjustment in the back. You can't see it unless you know exactly what to look for. It is just a couple of eccentric bolts where the AWS bolts to the sub frame. (They look like normal bolts until you get to turning them).
I stand corrected. Thanks.
Lwin

time for me to go look at my toes.
Old 07-10-2001, 06:41 PM

Since i am posting and the topic of this thread looks fine, this is the ugliest POS i have ever seen.

I believe in wings but.. this is overkill...

Lwin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aut_0016.jpg (295.4 KB, 98 views)