Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications

Old 07-24-2009, 06:24 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf
DIY garage spliter/lip

I know it's stupid and cheap(which is the best part) and hardly noticed as much of anything but I got around to doing it and it looks SO much better along the front.

Without it my stance and such still looks good.....

BUT! It's just too plain along the bottom edge. So lets see what we can do about that....

It's nice that we have this urethane guard here that we can straight up attack!

Line up starting from the rear to make sure the lengths are all right and I started from the corner and worked out with the self tapping screws.

You can see I edged it off so it blends into the bumper cover. I did the same in the end to the back edge by the wheels to.

Then TA DAAAA!!!!!

I'll have to remember to get some daylight pics of the whole front all done. I'm gonna "spat" the rear in the same fashion and then turn the stuff upside down and line the edge of the sideskirt area like a accent and double sided tape it to make sure it stays in place along the top against the body. Comments?
-Gaddis
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 07-24-2009, 07:12 AM
Soon to own a fuctional SVX

Send a message via AIM to STeeL25T
Re: DIY garage spliter/lip

Looks nice!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:50 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STeeL25T View Post
Looks nice!
When i get material I'm gonna fiber glass it and get something more solid. Them maybe make it into a whole 3 peice lip with some slits to use for vent ducting up to the brakes or something. I can't wait to move to California. I"ll be working as a tech/aprentice for a buddy who does CF/FG fabrication and he told me I can develop what ever parts I want in my spare time or down time. I've already gotten the okay to have him help me with doors, hood, fenders, Gran Turismo style spliters and Venturis, hood, etc.... I really can't wait. Well I can... till my Impreza is running I told my self I can't move.
-Gaddis
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 07-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Soon to own a fuctional SVX

Send a message via AIM to STeeL25T

I'd like some carbon fiber engine dress up, I can't find any engine pics of what I'm talking about right now but like plastic cover in front manifold around the power steering reservior or maybe the center peice in the manifold. I would totally buy those if you made em =)
Old 07-24-2009, 10:00 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STeeL25T View Post
I'd like some carbon fiber engine dress up, I can't find any engine pics of what I'm talking about right now but like plastic cover in front manifold around the power steering reservior or maybe the center peice in the manifold. I would totally buy those if you made em =)
I'll make sure to work on it then. I"ll have to get a few spare parts to beable to maybe send off to him and see if he can do them now since it will be a like a year before i get out there and I"m kinda letting my cars showcase some of the stuff. Only makes sense that if I'm gonna work for him at least my cars can show it.
-Gaddis

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 07-24-2009, 10:01 AM

Registered SVX

I contemplated this at one point, but the rolls of this stuff didn't come long enough to do the entire front end of our huge cars. I never thought of just doing the edges likes this.
Good idea.

Please post pictures of the entire front end.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:04 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricter View Post
I contemplated this at one point, but the rolls of this stuff didn't come long enough to do the entire front end of our huge cars. I never thought of just doing the edges likes this.
Good idea.

Please post pictures of the entire front end.
They come long enough now at least. What were you looking at? I used Frost King. Actually I used left overs from redoing my garage doors. LOL I had bought a whole roll just to us on the car and haven't even opened that one yet. Pics will be up as soon as I either decide I'm going to sleep and get a few winks for like an hour or just get up and take a shower and go do stuff. I've only been up since 4pm yesterday and it's 1:04pm now
-Gaddis

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis