Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-18-2001, 04:13 PM
The Road Less Traveled

Re: messy

Quote:
Originally posted by htyei
highway 5 , migration of yellow butterflies for a good 10 - 20 miles
So many wings .......
That reminds me, on my road trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia, as I was driving through the back country roads at 90MPH, it started off like it was raining a little, turns out it was a bunch of bugs on the windshield.

A minute later, I was hitting bugs like there was a hailstorm. Must've hit a thousand bugs in 10 seconds.

Very very messy...

VK
Old 05-19-2001, 09:13 PM
tat2skullz

Scariest.... Pulling onto a highway that I thought I was familiar with, just after a down pour. Cross two lanes to get the the extreme left, as I was straightening out... swish!!!!! standing water, the drain must have been blocked, no lie, I was at a 90 degree angle, at about 75MPH, facing the center divider! I was still hydroplaining, and the car started to slide back to the correct direction when I caught dry pavement and spun the other way, my front bumper now facing an 18 wheeler, I over corrected 2 more times before I regained control. I never hit a thing! Not a Scratch... after I realized what had happened, and how lucky I was... I started screaming "YEAH!... WHOOOOOOO!!!!!....YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

What an adreniline rush! Just thinking about it sends my pulse through the roof!

Oh... I then pulled off at the next exit, and called my wife to tell her how much I love her.....

Seth
Old 05-22-2001, 09:13 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
OIL!

Thought the "Oil" discussion would be better served in "Technical Q&A" so I moved it over there. Hope no one objects.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-22-2001, 10:54 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
Excellent

Thanks aredub! Now I don't have to feel guilty about O.T. stuff. You'll just move it to it's rightful place, assuming you have time.

I'm afraid to post questions in the Tech Q&A sometimes for fear of no one replying, but I'm over it.

Thanks.
Old 05-22-2001, 12:22 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
<<I'm afraid to post questions in the Tech Q&A sometimes for fear of no one replying, but I'm over it.>>

How come? You KNOW you'll get an answer. It may sometimes be wrong, or, it may be a smarta-- one, but, you'll get an answer. But, seriously, I got over my fear of asking stupid questions, or repetitive questions on the Yahoo board. I got torched a few times for asking repetitive questions, but, with the absence of a search engine, how's a person to know. That's why I was always eager to answer a "newby's" question. In fact, I had the o-ring fix ready to cut and paste, as well as speaker replacement instructions, brake job instructions and various other "FAQ" stuff. Luckily, now alls I gotta do is suggest an archive search.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-22-2001, 12:32 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
answers Yes...I know..

Ahhh...home.... home on the range....
Old 05-24-2001, 09:19 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Mole

< here comes a little black MOLE running back into the garage from the car!>

Gee Jerry, I've heard about the mole in the FBI...

.....but the mole in the SVX is a new one to me!

----------
Jean has hit two deer with her Suzuki Swift GT (we no longer own), each time the deer walked away and left about $300-400 in fender/headlight repair.

I hit one with MY Swift GT (still own), same result.

Last winter Jean nailed a young doe with her Impreza, when the deer jumped off an embankment in front of her. Bambi didn't survive that one. Just a few hundred dollars repair on that one.

We hit so many deer because we drive slowly and cautiously through deer-heavy areas on the mountains. This enables the deer to hear us coming, contact all their friends, and get as many into the road to play "chicken" as possible. None of the local leadfoot 4X4 drivers that I know have ever hit a deer.......I guess the roar of those straightpipes coming down the road scares the deer-do out of them. Every time I try to cross White Oak Mountain at night, you would think it was a game of "name that animal". Every citizen of the forest seems hell-bent in running across the road in front of me. I have to say though, that the two bobcats that I have come upon over the years, were the most interesting!

Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 05-25-2001, 03:57 PM
picklesbitch

Swift, how inappropriate

The name and the car just don't go together. What an idea, get a car that's quiet, head out into the backwoods areas for a little "hunting", you don't even need a license! Several hundred dollars in body work, vs. poaching fines! HMMMM....
Old 05-25-2001, 06:59 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Swift, how inappropriate

If you are thinking of the little 3-cyl Swift, then you are quite correct. The Swift GT however, was a very different bird. It has a 1300cc twincam with a redline that is near Honda S2000 territory. Motor Trend tricked up one a few years back that sliced through the cones quicker than a Vette. If you watch racing from Australia, they race Swifts down there (called Cultus) and the little suckers are nippin' at the heals of Porsches and BMW's with much more horsepower. On our tight mountain roads, if I hold it about 3500 rpm or above, which is where the engine really comes alive in 3rd gear, the little sucker can fly! Even car nuts many times had no idea about the GT. By the way, the first model was labeled GTi, but Volkswagen had a hissy fit and Suzuki dropped it.
I will post a cool website for the Gt and post it here in a little bit.... Don

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 05-25-2001, 07:07 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Swifts that are

Here is a website for Swift Swifts....

http://www.crosswinds.net/~ssgti/main.htm

I am saving my pennies for some parts from Australia. Mainly new shocks, springs, bushings, and tower braces. Good handling is something we can enjoy every day!
Don