Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-31-2002, 03:48 AM
FREESTYLER

gear box trouble

History :
December 2001 - GearBox crapped out
January 2002 Fixed, (on the way home from the garge, broke again
fixed again in january
2weeks after being fixed, i was driving at 60kmh and it went up to 160kmh, but didnt increase in road speed at all

to the point
today, got the car back form getting the rear wheel bearings replaced, driving along and the same happened, the speedo jumped up to 160Kmh, when i was doin 80
then 1 minute later i was doing 60, and it went up to 80, but still didnt increase in road speed,
trans feels VERY hot around the gear shifter, and when it goes up to 160(im ony going 60) the engine revs up real high pitch, (or maybe the gearbox)
what is the reason for this
Old 05-31-2002, 08:27 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

You have an automatic? What color is the fluid? Changed it lately?
Old 05-31-2002, 10:48 AM
FREESTYLER

Yeah, Auto
ill look tommraz at the fluid level
it should have been changed recetly after the new gearbox rebuild.
andafter i posted this, i drove home, and the gearbox started making funny nosies, and the car jumped a bit (felt like that back wheel was off camber, and was hoping up and down a bit!!)
whats the go????
Old 05-31-2002, 11:14 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Can you take it back to the place that did the work?

They should fix it for you free.
Old 05-31-2002, 12:54 PM
Lowered SVX

pm beav.....

he will be able to give you an accurate diagnosis. sounds like you have some detailed symptoms to give him.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 05-31-2002, 07:53 PM
FREESTYLER

Todays Problem

ok, took it out this morning, everything sounded fine
warmed it up
went out a back street
then put it into first and hit the manual button, and took it out to 6K then to 2nd then 3rd, really working it hard, then took it easy again, got to where i was goin, stopped got out, everything seemed fine
walked into a shop, then looked out at my car, and white smoke was coming from the front, ran out opened it up and a little bit of white smoke came out (not steem), engine wasnt to hot, and gearbox didnt feel hot like does most of the time, i started it up let it idle for a sex, then put it into Nutral, and reved it to only 2.5K and as it came down past 1K the whole car shook a bit, then again, after i reved it up, and still does it now

i dont like this!!
im gonna go take a few pics of under the hood, and around my car, any requests
1991 SVX 4WD 4WS
Old 06-01-2002, 03:57 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Re: Todays Problem

Quote:
Originally posted by FREESTYLER
ok, took it out this morning, everything sounded fine
warmed it up
went out a back street
then put it into first and hit the manual button, and took it out to 6K then to 2nd then 3rd, really working it hard, then took it easy again, got to where i was goin, stopped got out, everything seemed fine
walked into a shop, then looked out at my car, and white smoke was coming from the front, ran out opened it up and a little bit of white smoke came out (not steem), engine wasnt to hot, and gearbox didnt feel hot like does most of the time, i started it up let it idle for a sex, then put it into Nutral, and reved it to only 2.5K and as it came down past 1K the whole car shook a bit, then again, after i reved it up, and still does it now

i dont like this!!
im gonna go take a few pics of under the hood, and around my car, any requests
1991 SVX 4WD 4WS
Neill, it sounds like you really need to bring the car to someone familiar with an SVX as soon as possible.

The chief mechanic at Penrith Subaru loves the SVX and they have had quite a few come through - the fact that you have an SVX and that it is probably the only 4WS in the country may see an extra bit of attention paid to the car.

Its worth a shot but from the sounds of it, you need someone familiar with an SVX and not just a local mechanic.\

Sorry to hear about what is happening

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!