Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northwest Region
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 05:38 PM
Andy Miller

1992 SVX for sale near Portland Oregon

The car has 107,000 miles. Interior and exterior are good. i would rate it overall cosmetically about a 7 out a possible 1 to 10. It has a spot on the rear spoiler the size of a golf ball that the paint is peeling. From me washing it with hot high pressure water at the car wash. Mechanically the car is in very good condition. It shows no signs of any heavy collisons or body repairs, and has no rust. The engine has been resealed, new plugs valve cover gaskets, rear main and rear oil separator plate, timing belt water pump and a 30,000 mile incremental service done within the last 7,000 miles. The tires and wheels have about 3000 miles on them. The wheels and tires are custom aluminum 18" Z rated Kumho tire. The wheels are brand new also as Lesh Scwabs broke the center out of the origonal custom wheels when mounting them. They bought two I bought two. It was aligned at that time as well. the front brakes are new it is almost due for the rear but I dont drive it a lot so I have not done them yet. It has tinted windows that look great with the wheels and tires. The tining alone on this car is worth $500 and is not a task for the mild mannerd window tinter. It has a great sounding pioneer sound system with good speakes as well. The interior is normal for this year the leather shows light crazing or checking worse on the drivers side, not bad though far less than most. The trans was replaced about 15,000 miles ago by the last owner. The last owner had the water pump sieze, and he drove it to the point the belt came off and bang it damaged internals of the engine. Heres the rest of the story. I purchased a car with a bad trans that has 99,270 miles on it. I resealed that engine and installed it in this car. I have both cars for sale together for $5000 or I will sell the running car for $4200 by itself and will then part the other car out. the second non running car has a bad windshield, bad trans, and bad engine. However I drove this car 20 miles to get it here and it is a complete rolling parts car with total electrical, body and suspension, and exhaust components. It is 100% there. The non running car is not for sale separatly until I sell the running car. Dont email or call for parts from this ad. I have it on craigslist and am hit with a ton of emails on the parts car. This car is a great running, driving car buy it with the spare car and you more than likely wont ever have to buy another mechnical part for it as you will already have one. I am in The Gorge near Hood River Oregon about an hour east of Portland Oregon. If you want a good SVX for the money this is it. You might find a cheaper one but this one overall is a great buy. I had no intensions of selling it but parking space and money has put me in spot that it would be better if both cars left. I will try and get pictures posted but its dark and gloomy outside most of the time and what I might come up with probably wont show you anything other than another green SVX. Email shadetree@gorge.net if I can answer any questions or set up a time for you to look at it