How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-28-2001, 05:27 PM
subaruparts.com

Question svxparts.com

Hello all. I know its been a little while since I've talked to you guys (this isn't Scott btw, my name is Ryan and I'm the webmaster) but I decided that I was long past due in visiting. I do have a couple reasons for coming by though.
Firstly I would like to thank everyone for putting up with us through thick-and-thin. As you all are probably aware we haven't been the greatest at responding to email (hey, its not the understatement of the year is it?) We have attempted to take several steps to fix this, one of them being a new 'feature' in part quote form: If your list your model as "SVX" your quote is delivered with special notification (don't tell anyone!)
I would also like to put out a request. We are working on putting together www.svxparts.com as a part site oriented towards, you guessed it, SVX. What I am asking from you guys is a *Really GOOD* photo of an SVX (side profile). I figure at least some of you have some really good looking machines. If anyone would like any more details please contact me by email: webmaster-svx@subaruparts.com (no spam!)
As part of the completion of www.svxparts.com it will include the final diagram system for all SVX's 1992-1997.
Old 06-28-2001, 11:09 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Ryan. It's good to hear from you, and yes, it's been too darned long! The e-mail thing has been a constant irritant, I sure hope you've gotten it worked out.

SVXparts.com sounds like a great idea. As for a pict, you might try checking some of the picts in the personal lockers. There are some excellent shots amongst the SVX faithful. Just a thought. Perhaps, if you need it in a different format, or a different size, you can e-mail or PM the person directly for a copy.

And, while I've got you here, I'd like to ask a question. If I order the SVX OEM wiper blades, how can I be assured that I get the ones with the OEM "bumper" on them. Some members have ordered replacement blades and received the ones sans bumper. If I order OEM, I want to make SURE they are OEM. Thanks again for your diligence in supplying the SVX world with reasonably priced parts. Now, if you'll start working on that "drop ship" thing . . .
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 06-29-2001, 08:50 AM
subaruparts.com

AHH! There is that drop shipping thing again. I so wish we could but our hands are tied! We are at the mercy of the factory as to where they ship parts. So far we have had no luck in getting any results and honestly we dont think it will be any time soon.

As for a photo my only requirements are that it be LARGE. I like images that are 1000x1000 or bigger (makes cropping the background that much more sucessful). Also a side or three-quarter shot is probally best.
Old 06-29-2001, 08:57 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Ryan,

Check my personal locker for a 94 red.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 06-29-2001, 10:33 AM
subaruparts.com

Seraphim: I like your SVX alot and I would love to use it (its even a good color)... its just with all the 'background noise' the image is just not large enough. After cropping out the background it wouldn't look very good at the correct size.

I may have to wait until we get another SVX on our lot or perhaps find a owner who lives in the seattle/tacoma/olympia area...
Old 06-29-2001, 10:53 AM
sith

I have 1600x1200 versions of all my pictures from the midwest meet, http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?sith|428

Though if you want to use one, you should probably post here to make sure whoever owns the car is ok with that.

Email me (mcfa0086@tc.umn.edu) if you want larger copies of any...

Last edited by sith; 06-29-2001 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-29-2001, 11:21 AM
Lowered SVX

you are more than welcome.....

to use my SVX. send me an email at cavaron@hotmail.com and i will have my wife (graphic designer) put together the perfect shot for you. check out my locker see if you like my car enough.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"