IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Out with the old...

Our elected ofishalls have been ripping our 'heratage' apart!!
They let things decay till they can justify tearing them down.

Here is MY responce to the latest 'news' about a structure that was 'repairable' before the 'poweres' got involved....
Re: The Sawtooth Building....I dunno
Reply #20 - Yesterday at 11:11pm Quote from CountryBoy28 on Yesterday at 2:58pm:
Quote from Thomas on Yesterday at 1:39pm:
Quote from CountryBoy28 on Yesterday at 12:01pm:
For an area that needs to thrive on history and tourism, I can't wait for the brand new canal place that will look like every other strip mall in every other city. The footer building, sawtooth structure and the train station are integral parts to the whole canal place experience. Tearing them down is simply the short sighted easy plan.

Didn't you state in another thread that you can't name a single shop at Canal Place? Perhaps you're just not the kind of person that Canal Place can ever please.
Perhaps you should get down there now & visit the shops while the old crumbling buildings are still there for you to admire.

I have already beat my head off that wall. I as well as others presented a whole new vision for canal place, and it would have had a higher chance at success than the current plan. As it stands now, Canal place will not please me. I am not the customer base. Can't afford the novelty toys, have all the antiques I can stand. The only place I go is the Crabby pig.

I have no intentions of simply admiring old buildings, logical well thought out plans were made and never even discussed. Canal Place needs to keep going in the direction it is going now. Then when it fails and becomes a huge burden, it can sit and rot for our grandkids to fight to keep.

Here's where I chimed in)

The last time I was in that building, (Saw tooth), Cameron's Colliosion Shop' was active. After Cameron told me all about his plans for the 1950 Plymouth 'Street Rod' he was planning, I rode my bike across the street to the Queen City Dairy store and ate a 10 cent ice cream cone!

I was 'offered' that building years ago for a 'token' rent, by the former owner. (I wanted the old Winowe street A&P market building).

I called about the East Side school 15 years ago. I was told a price. I said, "OK!!
I never got a call back.

I was 'offered' the Tri-State Discount Center building for a 'fair' price , but had already devoted my resources to another property outside of the city.

NOW, I wish that I would have backed out of THAT deal and taken the offer!

I presented some of my ideas to the SBA, and Mark Malic said they were the " BEST ideas he had seen in a LONG time"!!

How many actually got a chance?? NONE!

A BIG fire in LaVale ate my folder!!

Again, I said, " SCREW IT!!", no one CARES!!

I had meetings, letters of support from all agencies involved, POUNDS of papers, etc.
I paid fees, wasted MONTHS on 'presentations' that never happened!

I made calls to try to save the Mt Savage Brick plant!! I had a 'business plan' penned, but the wrecking ball was faster!
I had a plan for 'preserving' what was savable and converiting the the rest for 'history'.

I have filmed the 'Silk Plant' in Coney and sent the films to Australia to find a 'backer'.
I have worked 'behind the sceenes' to PRESERVE a LOT of our 'history' that has been claimed by the WRECKING BALL!

I had a 35 page 'study' prepared for the PPG building, 45 pages for the Celenese plant. I have been REJECTED so many times by our local POWERS that I said "SCREW IT!!" They don't WANT to save old buildings!! They want them to decay, so they can tear them down and build a cookie cutter, someone else financed 'new' building!

I remember a time when 'the people' were asked to decide the fate of the barn that stood at the front of rocky gap!

A few 'learned' persons were 'confided in' that found the structure to be 'unsafe'. MY idea was to call on the Mennoites and Amish guys that BUILT these barns in a WEEK!! I am SURE that THEY would KNOW how to fix it!!

NOOOO!! WE paid 'educated' guys that knew NOTHING about building barns in to CONDEMN it!!

This county SUCKS!!

I have 2 file cabinets filled with UN-FULFILLED dreams!!

Let's just RIP the WHOLE town down and 'clone' Columbia, Md!!

(Or, THEY can go BACK to columbia, and leave us ALONE!!)

I am SURE that MOST of the 'GOOD IDEAS' that come from our local people are IGNORED by our 'decision makers!!

I have 20 pounds of 'PROOF'!!

It is a SHAME that 'local' ideas do not even rate a 'Meeting" with the 'POWERS"!!

Art Morgan, ( Artmore Plastics) gave me more time than any of out 'powers'. He said that "All of the guys that told him he was crazy are gone now". He said, " I out lasted them"!!

Mr. Morgan was a JEWELL!! He was NOT afraid of what people thought about his ideas!! He was willing to SHARE his knowledge with 'aspiring' younger people!!

I 'picked his brain' several times and wish I had devoted a few YEARS to the task!!

That man was SMART!!

It is a SHAME that he was too smart to rum for office!!

Any OTHER 'stories' out there???

OK, This is a 'local' issue! 98% of you will not be able to 'identify' what thisw post is about.

I offer this expl..... We have a bunch of MORONS in charge of our 'heratage' that are too stupid to realize what we are trying to save.

Under their 'guidance' we haVE TORN DOWN BUILDINGS THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO BE SAVED WITH A LITTLE conservation A FEW YEARS AGO!

We are getting ready to tear down the LAST piece of a factory that put us on the map 100 years ago, because the building is ugly, now. It was a 'viable' building when thew guv-ment got involved, but since the BS that comes with guv-ment 'help', it has been allowed to decay to the point that the only answer is to KNOCK it DOWN!!

I posted the 'response' on a local site.

I just thought that SOME of you would see what a 'tourist' community is doing to the industry.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 05-28-2009 at 12:06 AM.