How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 04-13-2005, 03:14 PM
The Molinator

SEVERE Tire Wear

My HANKOOK V 102 245 45 16 tires in the rear wore out after 7 months use. I put drop springs/Koni strut inserts in right before ...I know this causes this type of premature wear.... PLEASE let me know what special camber setting is ideal for the rear to avoid such a radical wear rate [alignment was set to factory specs after drop springs installed!]...

THANKS for any help!
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!

Last edited by James Scott; 04-13-2005 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:17 AM

man i know how ya feel. my conti extremes wore out after 12 months. buying new tires everyyear suxxxxxxx.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:09 PM
The Molinator

Does anyone know a good compensating camber setting for the drop springs/Koni strut insert setup (Dayle) to increase tire wear without drastically affecting suspension performance? HELP???

Please give any advice...I won't hold you liable for the consequences even if I get a bad result...doubtful it could get worse anyways...

THANKS
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Old 04-16-2005, 06:48 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
There is no reason for 'compensating' just for the springs being different. Strut suspension pretty much travels straight up and down. Once the springs/struts were installed I trust you had the alignment checked? You still haven't said what type of wear you have.

Also, please stick to one thread. There's no reason to spread this over multiple threads.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:26 AM
The Molinator

Oh Beav!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav
There is no reason for 'compensating' just for the springs being different. Strut suspension pretty much travels straight up and down. Once the springs/struts were installed I trust you had the alignment checked? You still haven't said what type of wear you have.

Also, please stick to one thread. There's no reason to spread this over multiple threads.
SORRY!!! (sorry for the caps too!) ....I AM dramatic!

Beav, I stated the wear was severe ....and on the inside edges of the rear tires ONLY! Down to the fabric on both....and steel on one of them [after 13,000 total miles]. I don't have the tires now to give a detailed analysis of the type of specific inside edge wear, but the rest of the tire appeared normal ....to the uneducated casual observer. YES, I said the alignment was checked and adjusted (except rear camber of course) by very reputable brake/tire service shop in my area. THANKS for your continued help!

P.S. I re-entered the question, when I received no quick response! I thought there was a delayed response to my first query, but i see the dates indicate otherwise???...sorry!

P.P.S. So....You don't agree with Mobtslszco(?) that the settings should be camber -0.6 and toe 0 degrees?

Last edited by James Scott; 04-18-2005 at 06:53 AM.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:09 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Scott
P.P.S. So....You don't agree with Mobtslszco(?) that the settings should be camber -0.6 and toe 0 degrees?
I never said I didn't agree. Those are the OE specs.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:56 PM
The Molinator

Sorry Beav, I misunderstood again. Thanks for the clarification!