Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Suspension

Old 01-16-2018, 01:40 PM
Some Random Weirdo

Re: Bontrager Works 22mm rear anti-sway bar kits (1/15/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin View Post
Unless you have changed your hubs, there should be no reason to have any different parts, this Will still be a direct bolt-on affair.

And as to the intake pricing, not sure on that yet either... my guess would be in the similar $300-$325 range, depending on options. Options will most likely be whether or not additional pipe is included to put the filter in the fender for a CAI setup, and then the filter itaelf, as most people already have some sort of maf adapter pipe and are already running a cone filter of some sort. I would imagine the base version would be in the $200- $225 range??

Again, I will start another thread for that.
I am interested in the intake for sure.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC 2 NV View Post
Oh, is it just the front that the sway connects to the strut then?
Correct, the rear swaybar endlinks connect to the hub itself, not on the struts like the front bar. This is a MUCH sturdier design, thankfully.

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!
Old 01-16-2018, 03:20 PM

Registered SVX

I'm in for a sway bar kit.
Plus I like this forum better then face book you can do search and read in a list form a lot better.
Also will the y pipe work as good as going two intake pipes and mafs I'm putting two hood scope on my glass hood was going two mafs and forced air Lane makes a chip for two.
Thanks
Jim
Old 01-16-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxnavyvet View Post
I'm in for a sway bar kit.
Plus I like this forum better then face book you can do search and read in a list form a lot better.
Also will the y pipe work as good as going two intake pipes and mafs I'm putting two hood scope on my glass hood was going two mafs and forced air Lane makes a chip for two.
Thanks
Jim
Cool! Well ive been out of the game for so long that I have no idea what forced air Lane is! Although I would love to know!

I have an ecutune 1v5 chip in my car.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:56 PM

Registered SVX

not all together its just lan (aka long ass name)he has been making chips and blowers, trans, here on the svx net for ever his known also a subiechips on the web
http://www.subiechips.com/index.htm
looking forward to a sway bar.

Last edited by svxnavyvet; 01-16-2018 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:52 PM

Ok, then yes I am familiar with LAN. (Mike??) He has sent me a few parts over the years and I have been quite happy with them!

Old 01-17-2018, 11:00 AM

Registered SVX

Will you be making any extra? Ive been dreaming of having both the intake and RSB but im a a little tight on money....atleast until tax return comes in.
1993 GMC C1500 W/T

Last edited by DallasSVX92; 01-17-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Nevin,
Can you offer any further updates on the new endlinks you have. Those who still have your original RSB might want to upgrade from the ones you first offered.

I think your new ones are a bit shorter and not as prone to rattling and loosening with age.

I replaced my noisty originals with QS Chromoly Teflon Kevlar ones, but they too become noisy. Was going to add end link boots to them filled with grease.

Are you still using the MOOG K90520?

Any info would be of interest,

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg end link.jpg (20.8 KB, 728 views)

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 01-17-2018, 09:05 PM

John, I am no longer using the QS components pieces.

I am using a similar offering from another company. I can easily get you the newer ones and they are a similar design and will eventually also start to rattle but they will last much longer. I can easily sell someone new links every few years for a few dollars and we can call it a wear item, but these were not designed for comfort in mind, so i havent been looking for another style becaise I don't want to give up performance at all.

Pm me if you have questions.

Old 01-18-2018, 03:49 PM

Posted up the bars in the Group Buy section today!

Here is the link.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...990#post747990

Happy Driving!

Old 01-24-2018, 09:48 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

I'm still runnning the original set of endlinks from when I got in on your first run of sway bars. They are noisy but as long as they aren't going to fail I just turn the radio up. At 306k there are so many creaks and rattles in the car it doesn't even bother me. I still love how flat the car corners compared to stock. I would never go back to a smaller sway bar. Thank you for making my svx so much better!
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:22 AM
eg33svx95

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin View Post
John, I am no longer using the QS components pieces.

I am using a similar offering from another company. I can easily get you the newer ones and they are a similar design and will eventually also start to rattle but they will last much longer. I can easily sell someone new links every few years for a few dollars and we can call it a wear item, but these were not designed for comfort in mind, so i havent been looking for another style becaise I don't want to give up performance at all.

Pm me if you have questions.
I'm part of the previous buy and my endlinks are just starting to rattle, after about 20,000 miles of daily driving plus track and autocross days. Pm info on the new ones you are going to use.

Thank you,
Sam
Brilliant Red 95 SVX L AWD 149K miles - #904/1801, 08 STI 6MT with DCCD & VSS, ACT SB10 HDSS, 6MT bushings, DW200 Fuel pump, 17x7.5 VX-SCYTHE Wheels, 17x8 BBS STI Wheels,PERRIN CRANK PULLEY, 911 Turbo oil filter,$15/15min MOD & $20/20min Mod, Brontrager WORKS 22mm RSB w/ QS component endlinks, SS Brake Lines, DDM TUNING 6000K HID LOWS, Hella Optilux Extreme Yellow Fog Lights,Window scratcher fix, JDM Clear Corners

My Locker
Old 07-21-2018, 12:35 PM

I wanted to be part of this purchase but my car was involved in a major front end accident and I'm still trying to put it back on the road. But I have a question about just upgrading the rear sway bar; how does this affect driving? My understanding is that increasing the rear sway bar will increase either over steer or under steer (don't remember which). I'd like to decrease body sway while turning but without increasing either over/under steer.
Old 08-05-2018, 06:20 AM
Its a Classic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvan View Post
I wanted to be part of this purchase but my car was involved in a major front end accident and I'm still trying to put it back on the road. But I have a question about just upgrading the rear sway bar; how does this affect driving? My understanding is that increasing the rear sway bar will increase either over steer or under steer (don't remember which). I'd like to decrease body sway while turning but without increasing either over/under steer.
Rear sway bar should work to reduce sway and will reduce the factory understeer
STi BBS wheels,legacy gt 4.44, 3" catback exhaust, Stance GR+ 7k/5k, QS Teflon adjustable endlinks, Hankook EVO 245/40/17, 95-LS escaine seats, GC8 V7 steering wheel, JDM clear corners, small car clear lenses, Alcyone badge, JDM rear taillight, 97 grille, stevesby bumper, PWR radiator, Perrin Crank pulley, Urethane Swaybar bushings, urethane diff bushings, DDM 6k 55watt lows and 4500k 35watt fog lights; $15/15min mod, Motorsport whs 22mm rear swaybar, QC shift kit, ToMyx intake, z32 aluminum calipers 13" rotors, nitrous express proton + wet kit.