SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2014, 12:53 AM
Some Random Weirdo

Re: Head gasket, timing belt, water pump, and new engine questions

The gunk inside was more like peanut butter where this is simply that copper product.

I am going to make sure it is flushed several times. I just hope it didn't cause any damage. It didn't peg red to overheat, but close enough.

I contacted Nate and he is close enough. He could do everything correctly and thensome for a fair price, but truth is I just don't have the money to spend right now. This all came during my 4.44 swap where I had several other items replaced that equal to over $3K out of pocket that I paid a week ago. I don't know if you are a married guy, but it is not easy to convince your wife to put another 2-3K into a 20 year old car that you literally just put $3k into and had painted it last year (that got tree sap on it) along with new brakes and tires. It is just awful timing. It sucks.

Thankfully I have another car so transportation isn't the issue, but funds are. I am going to have it flushed and confirmed what is going on and after that I am likely to sit on it for months to save up regardless what I do.

I can DIY some things, but this is way over what I am able to do.

Thank you very much for the offer on the gaskets. That would really help because I am going to have to save for this anyways. That is very kind of you to do that.