IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2006, 07:47 PM
simonton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suby Fan
well then if you purchaced a battery recently then that battery still has a waranty your first step is to get a new battery
true... thanks i didnt think of that.. autozone wont know that my car is messed up
my car definately shorted out the battery, but if i did fix the problem then i wouldnt know it because you're right that battery is probably dead for good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
Simply push, move wriggle the wiring while measuring current drain with the ignition on. This should show up an intermittent fault in this area. I have already suggested this procedure. As you report that the problem is exactly related to steering movement, is this not the most suspect area

It is apparent that your wiring has been the subject of many mods, so who knows? Sorry but I can be of no further assistance from this end of the planet. You must use the advice on hand as logically as possible.

Edit P.S. The issue has become more than confusing. Also take into account a possibly faulty battery from new, as well as faulty work relating to the alternator !!!!!!!!??????. You have my sympathy in all of this. *<)
i know you already told me how to check for the draw, but lets say i find where the problem is... whats the best way to replace the wires? can i crimp, should i solder, or is there another way? i know it probably gets really hot down there by the engine...

and did that membrane crap my neighbor was talking about make any sense to you? or was that not something i should worry about...

thanks for all your help on this crap. I am so frustrated with this car and i just wish i had never bought it. Since the 2nd day Ive owned it ive had nothing but problems. From transmission, to wheelbearings, electrical, radiator, brakes, strange noises, leaking, breaking down in busy intersections, and god knows what else... this car has been undrivable for about 80 percent of the time ive owned it! No WONDER its a DISCONTINUED MODEL!