Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Midwest Region

Old 09-26-2002, 11:03 AM
ARUN

Phat Ride

GREETINGS, I AM A NEW OWNER FROM THE WINDY CITY OF A 1992 SVX PEARL w/BLK HAT THAT I PURCHASED FROM OWNER IN MIAMI,FL NOW TRUELY I AM A HAPPY MAN. THE DRIVE BACK TO CHICAGO WAS ALSO AN EXPERENCE, I HAVE OWNED A NUMBER OF VEHCLES(MUSTANG, CAMARO, SHO, 3000GT VR4, LEXUS SC400, AND M3) AND THIS MACHINE HAS THE COMPLETE PACKAGE FOR MY TASTE IT IS TRUELY SOLID AND SMOOTH, BALANCED, SUREFOOTED, AND HAS A GREAT POWER BAND (CRUISING AT 110 ooh wee!). THE ONLY NEGETIVE FACTORS TO MY UNDERSTANDING IS THE TRANS, BRAKES/ROTORS, PS LEAKS. IF ANY ONE OUT THERE IN SVX LAND COULD DIRECT ME TO COMPETENT MECHANIC IN MY AREA I WOULD APPRECIATE IT, ALSO LOOKING TO SWAP A.T. TRANS TO MANUAL TRANS. THANKS
Old 09-26-2002, 11:38 AM
"high" in Colorado

welcome....

There are alot of members in the Chicago area that I'm sure will be happy to steer you in the right direction. ( Lwin can you help?)

I too, have a 92 pearlie....a new tranny to be done next week; other than tranny and rear bearing issues, it is quite the machine.

Tell us more about you car....miles, model, etc...

BTW: Please release your caps lock.....unless you are really screaming at us! Thanks
81 280ZX
91 Legacy wagon
86 Pontiac Parisenne (55k)
86 Kawasaki ZG 1000 Concours
81 KZ 1000 LTD (shaft)
Old 09-26-2002, 04:46 PM
ARUN

More SVX Stuff

Thanks for your reply, well my machine is a pearl 92 LS-L w/101,580miles in excellent condition interior/exterior perfect, perfect, perfect, motor check out healthy everything works. One thing I can't check now is the rear defrost. I'm going to have the radiator flush, and change all the fluids to synthetics. The only changes I want to make is the trans swap to a manual, exhaust, intake/K&N, update wheels, head unit @ speakers also do a 100,000K mile scheduled maintenance. Other than that the SVX has been in my list of things to do for a long time since 1992. Now I have been reborn looking foward to meeting other blessed SVX owners and trading info as I learn. 92 SVX Pearl Machine 98 SVT Contour 98 SS Camaro 99 Cadillac Escalade
Old 09-26-2002, 04:53 PM
ARUN

More SVX Stuff

Thanks for your reply, well my machine is a pearl 92 LS-L w/101,580miles in excellent condition interior/exterior perfect, perfect, perfect, motor check out healthy everything works. One thing I can't check now is the rear defrost. I'm going to have the radiator flush, and change all the fluids to synthetics. The only changes I want to make is the trans swap to a manual, exhaust, intake/K&N, update wheels, head unit @ speakers also do a 100,000K mile scheduled maintenance. Other than that the SVX has been in my list of things to do for a long time since 1992. Now I have been reborn looking foward to meeting other blessed SVX owners and trading info as I learn. 92 SVX Pearl Machine 98 SVT Contour 98 SS Camaro 99 Cadillac Escalade
Old 09-26-2002, 08:22 PM
"high" in Colorado

more svx...

Sounds like you got a good one!
Huck did a conversion to a 5spd...he drove it to the 10th Ann. Meet in July...real nice job...looked factory. I think he used Legacy running gear, (tranny, diff. etc). Check his locker I think there is something on it there...

I have been told by numerous competent mechanics, that changing to synthetic lubes (oil, tranny fluid) in a car that has not had them from the start is not really a good idea. I remember several threads dealing with this subject.
I am considering using Mobil synthetic tranny fluid in my new tranny, but haven't really decided yet....
Do a search of this site, and I am sure you will find all the info you need re: synthetics.

I hope you enjoy your SVX as much as I do mine!
81 280ZX
91 Legacy wagon
81 KZ 1000 LTD (shaft)
Old 09-26-2002, 08:31 PM
"high" in Colorado

Arun,

Try a post under the general "Svx babble " forum....you will get more response there.
81 280ZX
91 Legacy wagon
81 KZ 1000 LTD (shaft)
Old 09-27-2002, 01:13 AM
ARUN

SVX Stuff

. Thanks for all that info, trying to get teeth before I bite meat, so I start at home base thanks Tom this is a new project for me something that I always was planning to do, but home took presence and it payed off. Now I have more toys, planning and patience is everything, facts are also. Wishful thinking it's funny how I don't understand why this machine did not come in a manual, maybe the living w/in a paradigm is the problem. A six speed would be heaven, just close your eyes and think about it. Well got to go, this typing stuff is new to me but I will adjust. I need info on the Midwests next event, want to plan ahead must see other SVX's feeling so lonely.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: