How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-30-2012, 12:47 AM

Registered SVX
Stolen parts

My QC was delivered on the 26th while i was on vacation unfortunately, i've already talked to the post office to make sure it was delivered to the right address and thats all correct.

I'm here to ask my fellow suby lovers to keep an eye out on Craigslist and Ebay for the QC in question, its not to common so if you see it and know its not someone on here its probably mine.

Just a note is that i live in Salem, OR so hopefully it hasnt gone to far from that area.
1992 SVX Pearlie: AmsOil signature synthetic 10w40 and Ea15k20 filter, Cobb crank pulley, Outlaw Engineering spacers and tb bypass, LGT 5spd, Slotted Crossdrilled rotors and ceramic pads, 11:1 compression, EGR delete, Port & Polished heads, SaikoMichi catch can, A/c delete.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:18 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Re: Stolen parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop View Post
My QC was delivered on the 26th while i was on vacation unfortunately, i've already talked to the post office to make sure it was delivered to the right address and thats all correct.

I'm here to ask my fellow suby lovers to keep an eye out on Craigslist and Ebay for the QC in question, its not to common so if you see it and know its not someone on here its probably mine.

Just a note is that i live in Salem, OR so hopefully it hasnt gone to far from that area.
I'll keep an eye out for it.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 11-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Don't always believe the post office.

I ordered an oil filler cap from ebay last month, with a tracking number fom the seller.

When I checked online, it said my package was delivered, but I never received it. Checked with the neighbors for a mis-delivery, no luck.

I called the post office and they also showed it as being delivered, but would check further with my carrier. They found it the next day on the truck. It was a small package and somehow was overlooked or got lost. The box only measured about 4" square

I still don't know what they scanned and marked as "delivered". I had another item "delivered", that showed up a week late and was at the post office.

Was the QC kit in a small package? Has there been a history of mail theft in your area?

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 11-02-2012, 10:57 AM

Registered SVX

i live out in the country so its rare but there have been a few cases of things being stolen, we even had someone in out front yard looking into our car while we were home. I've spoken with the post office but out here all mail delivery is done in peoples own cars and the driver described where she dropped it off.

thanks wikedjuggalo.
1992 SVX Pearlie: AmsOil signature synthetic 10w40 and Ea15k20 filter, Cobb crank pulley, Outlaw Engineering spacers and tb bypass, LGT 5spd, Slotted Crossdrilled rotors and ceramic pads, 11:1 compression, EGR delete, Port & Polished heads, SaikoMichi catch can, A/c delete.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:31 PM
I work for my SVX

Registered SVX

Sometimes carriers scan it delivered when they load it on the truck. But if the day gets busy, it may still be on the truck. Call them to check.

Subaru SVX for fun
Hyundai Veracruz for the wife.
Susuki SX4 for my older son
Ford Ranger for work
Mercedes Benz Sprinter for vacation trips,
EZ GO Golf cart for driving kids around gated community.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:52 PM

Registered SVX

ill check again.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Same experience with me. Scanned when it went on the truck but, was delivered 2 days late after I inquired. They said delivered only means to the post office in your area.
Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)
Old 11-03-2012, 10:12 AM
I work for my SVX

Registered SVX

UPS automatically adds insurance to their packages. USPS does not. You have to request it. I always add it because I've been burned too many times.
Hope you find it!

Subaru SVX for fun
Ford Ranger for work
Old 11-04-2012, 07:09 AM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Another thought. Was it shipped from Australia? In my business, I import from Australia and the post office requires that I sign for the package. If I am not home, they take it back to the P.O. but usually leave a notice.
Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)
Old 11-04-2012, 09:46 AM

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a QC exactly so I can keep an eye out for it?
Old 11-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a QC exactly so I can keep an eye out for it?
It's a small electronic module that taps into the TCU wiring and eliminates the slow shifts and loss of power between shifts that are part of the tuning associated with our SVX.

Looks like this:

More information HERE

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 11-04-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX

I have had several rough experiences with our country's amazing postal service, but here are a couple which may pertain to your situation.

I was expecting a package. It never showed up, and I tracked it. It was marked as delivered, however I was sitting at home waiting for it all day. The mail man even came and i specifically asked him if he had any parcels for me. Nothing. Then it showed up two days later.

The other story is almost exactly the same, but instead of it showing up 2 days later, it showed up over a year later! Extremely beat up and in a zip-lock bag with a photo copied note from the post office that they found it somewhere.
2001 Audi S8
Old 11-05-2012, 08:01 PM

Registered SVX

I'll talk to them again tomorrow, i actually wouldnt be to surprised about this, our small town post office isnt the best as far as customer service.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:49 PM

Registered SVX

I worked out a deal with oab_au for a replacement unit, he and Budfreak are great guys to work with and i cant recommend them enough, everybody go get your quick change from these guys.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:51 PM
I work for my SVX

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop View Post
I worked out a deal with oab_au for a replacement unit, he and Budfreak are great guys to work with and i cant recommend them enough, everybody go get your quick change from these guys.
Best thing I've done to my SVX - I got my 4.44 trans from Budfreak and the quick change from Oab-au. They are very nice guys!

Subaru SVX for fun
Ford Ranger for work