Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Proven Engine Enhancements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: CAI Feeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thickasxthieves View Post
would stage 1 require reuse of the stock airbox or will there be a pipe to attach to maf and filter? if it does require reuse of stock airbox, bump me to stage 2
stage one will not require the box, there will be a maf adapter for the filter
Old 10-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by subarusvx1992 View Post
Would the tubing going from the MAF sensor to the throttle bodies include all of the necessary vacuum fittings?
All necessary parts will be included, this will not be a half a$$ed kit.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:22 AM

I'll take somebody's cast off plastic intake if this goes through. Need one for my Legacy transplant.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
For de Union.

Stage I
1.Thickasxtheives

Stage II
1.Soobcrazy
2. Nikfu (powdercoat- black?)

Stage III
1.Johnybeas

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 10-06-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamilluminata View Post
I'll take somebody's cast off plastic intake if this goes through. Need one for my Legacy transplant.
You should just get a stage I instead
Old 10-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

will get a quote from my powdercoater tomorrow and will update extra cost for PC. If I can get all the currently interested persons paid up by next week I'll get them done and out before the end of the month, depending on if all parts come in ontime from my suppliers.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:16 AM

Registered SVX

I am not interested in this batch, but maybe next time if you have pictures and numbers.

I do have a couple questions though:
Why is it 304 stainless? 304 is much heavier than aluminum.
Where does the air filter go on the stage 2? inside the fender?
How about the airflow to the throttle bodies, are the pipes of different length or something to make sure that more air doesn't end up in the passenger side since its closer to the intake?
How will this intake be better than just running an aluminum pipe from the plastic intake at the throttle bodies to the fender, aka motorsport warehouse intakes.

I would like to see some Air/fuel numbers comparing this to stock.
I would like to see flow numbers on this showing it has balanced output on both pipes to the throttle bodies.
I would of course like to also see HP improvement over stock, on a completely stock svx.

$350 is a lot of money compared to a $40 piece of bent 3" aluminum.
So I would definitely need pics and #'s before ordering.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
First Dibs Buy In Sign up??

Stage I
1.Thickasxtheives

Stage II
1.Soobcrazy
2.Nikfu (powdercoat- black?)
3.larryhopper1967

Stage III
1.Johnybeas

If I can get at least one more person to commit I'll start producing once money is received. Soobcrazy I like the bracket idea, I'll add that into the design probably using original box mounting location. more later...
contact me when you are ready for billing information.

Last edited by larryhopper1967; 10-08-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookin4SVX View Post
I am not interested in this batch, but maybe next time if you have pictures and numbers.

I do have a couple questions though:
Why is it 304 stainless? 304 is much heavier than aluminum.
Where does the air filter go on the stage 2? inside the fender?
How about the airflow to the throttle bodies, are the pipes of different length or something to make sure that more air doesn't end up in the passenger side since its closer to the intake?
How will this intake be better than just running an aluminum pipe from the plastic intake at the throttle bodies to the fender, aka motorsport warehouse intakes.

I would like to see some Air/fuel numbers comparing this to stock.
I would like to see flow numbers on this showing it has balanced output on both pipes to the throttle bodies.
I would of course like to also see HP improvement over stock, on a completely stock svx.

$350 is a lot of money compared to a $40 piece of bent 3" aluminum.
So I would definitely need pics and #'s before ordering.
I definitely understand you wanting to see numbers. As these are still in a planning stage there are no numbers to be shown.

I was thinking of doing the 304 so I didn't have to order two different materials to be able to do headers intakes and turbo kits. We could do it in aluminum, like I said right now it's not done yet so I'll have to look at what we will end up doing once we get to finishing planning and building the prototype etc.

Once they are done I will do numbers on a dyno for all 3 stages as well as an oem pull. Stage I and Stage II will be on a completely stock car with an automatic transmission. Stage III will be on a 5mt SVX with catback exhaust and hydra nemesis with base map. Then I will tune the hydra for the mods I have done and show what can be made from the hydra, intake and catback exhaust with a good tune.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:51 PM
SVX n00b

Registered SVX

Oooooo, I want Aluminum please... No need for SS that high up on the car.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

Ok so we decided to do aluminum, I'm gonna update my original post with the change in material and update it with the most current list.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

ok so without seeing the intakes my powdercoater was thinking about 65 to have them coated, may be more or less. updated first post, let me know if you want to have yours coated. I will update with pictures and a final price once I get the first one done.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to thickasxthieves
Registered SVX

ALUMINUM +1. im definitely in now.
Stage 2 ECUTune chip, 370cc injectors, ECUTune valve body and TCU, solid rubber motor mounts from a forester, outlaw phenolic spacers, COBBTuning lightweight blue crank pulley, Bontragerworks 22mm rear sway bar & endlinks, StrongFlex poly front sway bar bushings, Powergrid adjustable front sway bar endlinks, 17" MOMO CORSE RPM wheels w/ Toyo Proxes4 225/45, drilled/slotted rotors f/r, stainless lines, ceramic pads, Blue silicone radiator hoses, power mode switch, gold jdm hood badge, 20% tint all around, Hella optilux xtreme yellow fog bulbs

parts waiting to go on car: the rest of the strongflex polyurethane suspension bushing set
Old 10-12-2010, 09:09 PM

Registered SVX

Definitely more interested now that they will be aluminum.
Still a bit confused on how the stage 2 filter/maf is setup.
Does the filter live inside the wheel well or is it farther back in the line? I am assuming its is before the maf?
I am coming from an 01 impreza. In that I just ran a piece of aluminum pipe from inside the fender to the air box at the intake thing on the engine.
The filter was in the air box, right there at the intake on the engine.
So I have no idea how this works on the svx witht he maf thing and the air filter box at the fender.
Anyone got a pic of a setup similar to this on an any car just so I can get my barrings on where filter maf and such live.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Sounds like he's doing away with the stock filter.

I assume the maf will remain where it is as it's distance from the TBs has some significance (wiring and harmonics and such), as well would allow us to revert to stage 1 if need be. I know I will come inspection time, which is why I would like a black powder coat.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Closed Thread