Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-06-2010, 04:02 AM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Dear Young Tom

Are you taking on any more 'odd' jobs with car repairs this summer? Tried PMing you but seems it is not getting through. You have done such excellent work on my SVX that it is still in just about perfect condition. I need work on my XT6 though and only trust your work. If you a read this...this is what I need done.

1) Passenger side window works only 20% of the time. (Electrical). Since you were the only person who found my battery draining stuck door lock switch on my SVX, you are an electrical god to me.

2) Driver's side air suspension is leaking. I have a replacement. Would be a cinch for you.

3) A/C recharge stem leaks. (Can talk offline about this but not necessary to do).

4) Fix exhaust leak(s). My torque is dying and I think the holes in my exhaust is the culprit. The car ran REALLY strong before but runs and sounds sick as I hear more leak. I'm down with a new muffler/cat and piping if necessary (2.25").

If you are down with doing this, please let me know. I know you rather do more exciting stuff than this so....if the car running ok at this point and the items fixed and you want to do something a little more worth your while, I'd like to get some headwork done on the engine by either DPR Racing -->
http://www.dprracing.com/ssubaru.htm or Pure Racing -->http://www.pure-tuning.com/pages/services/subaru.htm. If there's another shop that does this that is a better preference, we can talk it over.

One thing at a time though.....if you are interested, send me a PM if you can. Thanks!

Between the my regular 12hr rotating shift work, overtime and school, I simply have no time left to dedicate to working on the car. What little is left is time to actually race at the strip.
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 06-06-2010 at 04:05 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Dear Young Tom

Kevin I am flattered, but I am not doing this kind of work anymore.

I already need to clear out my parts in the garage and I don't want to have to park the M5 or the Fatboy outside to be able to do it. Weekends are pretty full and it is hard for me to justify coming home from work to do more wrenching after a 10hr day....

Just not gonna happen, if you need advice or something of that nature I can help you out, unfortunately that is as far as I go anymore

Tom
Old 06-06-2010, 08:16 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Kevin,
Does the window work fine with the pass side control or is it bad 80% of the time. Mine had a ground wire issue which just required a bit of cleaning and electric grease.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:22 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Kevin,
Does the window work fine with the pass side control or is it bad 80% of the time. Mine had a ground wire issue which just required a bit of cleaning and electric grease.
Just bad 80% of the time. Whether it's the passenger side or driver's side trying to open it.

Just trying to get it back in tip-top shape with someone who works on it that's passionate about it. The stealerships just replace parts without knowing what the problem is and charge a premium. That got old a long time ago. Sorry, Tom! Didn't know you stopped this kind of work.
***R.I.P***
Old 06-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

The obvious thing to do is to take it to SVXFiles.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 06-06-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx View Post
Just bad 80% of the time. Whether it's the passenger side or driver's side trying to open it.

Just trying to get it back in tip-top shape with someone who works on it that's passionate about it. The stealerships just replace parts without knowing what the problem is and charge a premium. That got old a long time ago. Sorry, Tom! Didn't know you stopped this kind of work.
I'd bet it is your ground, Not hard to check and fix. Open it up and run a ground wire to the motor which attaches to a bare bolt somewhere in the dash (a gator clip with 4 feet of wire should do the trick. Then if I'm right just run a wire from under the pass side to the motor (or clean your motor connector and attach it there.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:02 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
I'd bet it is your ground, Not hard to check and fix. Open it up and run a ground wire to the motor which attaches to a bare bolt somewhere in the dash (a gator clip with 4 feet of wire should do the trick. Then if I'm right just run a wire from under the pass side to the motor (or clean your motor connector and attach it there.
Thanks for the heads up! It's worth a try.

In the meantime, for further work, if MR SVXfiles is up to it. I know it's not an SVX but still.
***R.I.P***
Old 06-07-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx View Post
Thanks for the heads up! It's worth a try.

In the meantime, for further work, if MR SVXfiles is up to it. I know it's not an SVX but still.
If you pay him with coors light, he'll never know the difference.