Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale

Old 05-05-2010, 06:49 PM

1992 LS-L Full part out (No Drivetrain)

Hey all, I'm new to SVX Net but thought I'd try selling a part out to the people who could use the parts most.
I have a 1992 LS-L that was purchased by me to use in other projects.
The car has no driveline except the driveshaft and rear axles, the engine was removed for another project, and the transmission and differential have been removed as well.
The car is currently just a rolling shell.
The exterior is in relatively rough shape. There's rust in almost all panels, but all the glass is in good shape.
Most interior parts are also in good shape and is complete.

Let me know what is wanted from the car via PM or post and make some offers. I'd also be willing to sell the rolling shell complete if someone is interested. I have a paypal account for transactions if preferred.

The car is currently in St. Paul, MN.
It is Claret in color, gray interior.

Pictures below:

Last edited by blackozone; 05-10-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:01 PM
51 Club

Registered SVX
Re: 1992 LS-L Full part out (No Drivetrain)

Man I wish you had posted this about a week ago.
Your shell is in better shape than my driver. It sure sits high in the front with no engine in it.

P.S. May I be the first to tell you that your back wheels are on backwards.

Last edited by Blacky; 05-05-2010 at 07:02 PM. Reason: wheels on backwards
Old 05-05-2010, 07:02 PM

My thoughts exactly. It was really awkward to look at right away.
Thanks for the bump.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:38 AM

Wheel center caps are sold.
Still have a nearly complete car sitting here though... Anybody need spare parts?
Anyone need a parts car? I'm willing to sell a complete rolling shell.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackozone View Post
Wheel center caps are sold.
Still have a nearly complete car sitting here though... Anybody need spare parts?
Anyone need a parts car? I'm willing to sell a complete rolling shell.
You have a lot of subies in your background, are you working on an EG33 swap?
Can we ask to which car?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:58 AM

Nice Legacy in the background...

How is the seat leather on that car? I have pretty much the same car as that as a driver, but my leather interior (drivers seat and rear seatback primarily) are nasty.

Do I dare ask how much you might be asking for for those parts, or the rolling shell as a unit? (my wife is going to kill me one of these days... for even considering buying more cars for parts, or that need work... We barely have the money and room for the ones we already have, and I can't seem to get my motorcycle sold off, that I said I would do last summer when I bought the SVX I have.)

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 05-07-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:25 AM

That's actually my friend's house where the teardown was done.
The EG33 is going into a 2000 2.5RS (I guess 3.3RS now?). That RS is being turned into a dedicated rallycross car and toy to bomb around the streets with.
We tore out all of the interior including dash, removed as much sound deadening we could, and he used POR15 to fix up all the rust and patch the holes in the floor. The thing was stupid fast with the factory engine, it's going to be pretty ridiculous when the swap is done.

The SVX had a JDM V7 six speed swap, so I'm taking the transmission to put in my 02 WRX (Not in pictures).

The interior is in pretty good shape altogether, I'll try to take detailed pictures of them to put up.

At this point I'm just taking offers for parts or the car, so just PM me offers and we can work on it.

Oh, and the Legacy sedan belongs to my friend's girlfriend. The wagon is another friend of ours who helped with wrenching.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:
That's actually my friend's house where the teardown was done.
The EG33 is going into a 2000 2.5RS (I guess 3.3RS now?). That RS is being turned into a dedicated rallycross car and toy to bomb around the streets with.
We tore out all of the interior including dash, removed as much sound deadening we could, and he used POR15 to fix up all the rust and patch the holes in the floor. The thing was stupid fast with the factory engine, it's going to be pretty ridiculous when the swap is done.

The SVX had a JDM V7 six speed swap, so I'm taking the transmission to put in my 02 WRX (Not in pictures).

The interior is in pretty good shape altogether, I'll try to take detailed pictures of them to put up.

At this point I'm just taking offers for parts or the car, so just PM me offers and we can work on it.

Oh, and the Legacy sedan belongs to my friend's girlfriend. The wagon is another friend of ours who helped with wrenching.
Wow, wonder whose car that was? There are few 6 speed swaps on SVXi.

Do you mind posting the VIN number?

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:38 AM

Are there SVX-specific manual trans conversion parts included, that aren't being used in the 02 WRX?

I eventually, someday, would like to put a 6MT into an SVX, as well.

I may be interested in the interior, if I can't justify the whole shell (transport and stowage might be a problem... But there are a lot of decent body parts there that my Claret might be able to use, as well.)

Sounds like a lot of nice projects going on there!

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post
Are there SVX-specific manual trans conversion parts included, that aren't being used in the 02 WRX?

I eventually, someday, would like to put a 6MT into an SVX, as well.

I may be interested in the interior, if I can't justify the whole shell (transport and stowage might be a problem... But there are a lot of decent body parts there that my Claret might be able to use, as well.)

Sounds like a lot of nice projects going on there!
The tranny brace and rear diff brace may be accounted for. I haven't made a decision on the linkage, however... I'll get it all figured out over this weekend and put it up for sure.

Also, I'll PM the VIN to SilverSpear.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:50 PM

I am just about done with my eg33 swap in my 99 LGT. It is a project and a half if you take on the wiring like I did! Be sure to post up on rs25.com about your project. Mine is on there and sl-i.net under the same name. Hate tearing these cars apart, but the drive train is very nice. Also building a blow rs 5-speed tranny for the build. Good luck!
Old 05-08-2010, 01:02 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by httrdd View Post
I am just about done with my eg33 swap in my 99 LGT. It is a project and a half if you take on the wiring like I did! Be sure to post up on rs25.com about your project. Mine is on there and sl-i.net under the same name. Hate tearing these cars apart, but the drive train is very nice. Also building a blow rs 5-speed tranny for the build. Good luck!
Guys make sure the donor SVXi that you use are impossible to fix and we are all Ok with what you are doing.

It is really heartbreaking to see perfectly good SVXi being parted out for lower segment cars. Do not get me wrong, I love all subies, but as in BMW you can find the cheap 1 series, the more expensive 3 series, the mid 5, etc... we consider the SVX as the 8 series and we cannot justify removing the engine off the 8 series to install in the 1 and 3.

As long as the donor SVX is rusty, in bad exterior condition or is not Laguna Blue or some other rare color, we are OK with what you guys are doing.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:03 AM

Bump for a link to the 3.3RS project thread on MNSubaru.com (no account required to read).
http://www.mnsubaru.com/forums/showt...-Project-3.3RS

I have pictures of the front seats, will have them up later today.

Last edited by blackozone; 05-10-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX

Quote:
Does that POR-15 work well?
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 05-10-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean486 View Post
Does that POR-15 work well?
Incredibly so, yes.
It's almost like a liquid, paint-on aluminum. To patch all the holes in the floorboard he put some strips of painter's tape over them and painted the POR-15 on. Once it dried and cured, it was like a solid piece of metal floorboard (albeit pretty thin).
He layered that a few times on it and it became very solid.

Also, for some of the rust spots on the body he applied the POR-15 there. After it did it's thing and cured, he hit the rust spots with a wire wheel to bring it back down to metal again. The POR-15 went through the rust and turned it all black. As I understand it, the material can penetrate and neautralize rust completely, and it appears to do a bang-up job of it. I was severely impressed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: