Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 09-21-2009, 04:54 AM
The SVX Killer

Red face I Am Back !

Well, I am back to try again ...

Anyone want to buy a Liberty, or swap me for your pritty SVX ???

*swirl*
Old 09-21-2009, 05:38 AM
Registered Loser

Re: I Am Back !

If you have a Subaru Liberty GT Spec.B STi, I'll swap.. you won't have to pay me a cent.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:41 AM
The SVX Killer

Talking Re: I Am Back !

Ummmmm well, by tomorrow night I could have a sticker that says that is what is .... I could, honest !!!

I just have a 1999 RX sedan ... It has a purple wing !!!!!!

See, now you want it, don't you!

Wanna sell your SVX to me when I sell my Libby ??
Old 09-21-2009, 07:11 AM
The SVX Killer

Red face Re: I Am Back !

Ummmm can anyone help me out here ...
Why the heck is a 1996 worth less than a 1992, according to this web page ?? Their average price range seems wrong ... or is there some reason I should be buying a 92 instead ?

http://www.carbuddy.com.au/buy/cars....=SUBARU&md=SVX
Old 09-21-2009, 06:47 PM

Registered SVX

Probably because both people are a bit optimistic.

Prices on them are so varied these days due to their age and unusualness.

Hence we see some changing hands for $5k and others asking $14k.

Work out how much you want to spend, then go and buy one.

If I were you, i'd look closely at the 1996 one...I would probably pay $9-10k for it myself if I had it lying around.

M
Old 09-22-2009, 12:31 AM
Registered Loser

I thought 1995+ models had a light coloured woodgrain mirror and parking light switches, it also doesn't have SVX floormats
Old 09-22-2009, 12:45 AM

Registered SVX

My 1995 doesn't...it's exactly the same, except for the paint colour.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:30 AM
The SVX Killer

I thought it was an awesome price for a 96, especially considering the price 92's are selling for. Then I will paint it purple *don't hit me * It HAS to be purple ...

Better clean my Liberty up this weekend so I can advertise it. Oh, and put the console back in, after installing a PBUS for my ipod.

Thanks, guys !!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:31 AM
The SVX Killer

Oooh I forgot, anyone know where I can get me some purple tint for the windows ?
Old 09-23-2009, 11:23 PM
it's ruby red - not burgundy!!

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSVX View Post
If you have a Subaru Liberty GT Spec.B STi, I'll swap.. you won't have to pay me a cent.
Ha! I still wouldn't swap my SVX for that!

Jason.

1992 Ruby Red SVX - 165,000km

....now with sequential VIN numbers!

1986 Holden (Isuzu) Piazza Turbo - 225,000km

1993 Mercedes W140 S500 Coupe - 153,000km

1990 Mercedes W124 300D - 313,000km

EG33 + 4EAT + VTD AWD = SVX
Old 09-24-2009, 03:43 AM
Registered Loser

Hehehe you're probably right.. The question is, would you swap a vortex for that?... Nah but in all seriousness, there was a vortex for sale in Penrith that looked pretty damn sweet. Did you have a look at it?

And by the way there were probably half a dozen 96 SVX released, if you buy... you don't paint it.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:38 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countess View Post
I thought it was an awesome price for a 96, especially considering the price 92's are selling for. Then I will paint it purple *don't hit me * It HAS to be purple ...

Better clean my Liberty up this weekend so I can advertise it. Oh, and put the console back in, after installing a PBUS for my ipod.

Thanks, guys !!
Welcome back Countess!

I would go for that Polo Green as well, even though I prefer Ebony as a colour. The green one looks seriously well minded. Naturally you know the main thing to check is that the gearbox is not about to break, that could be expensive. Buy with a one year warranty maybe?

And please don't please don't please don't change the colour of it. The Japanese do that a lot, they never paint the engine bay and it totally kills the worth of the car.

Don't do it! You know you want to be good.

White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 10-03-2009, 07:05 PM
The SVX Killer

Talking Almost ready ....

Well, I have convinced the boyfriend that we can get a loan first, buy the SVX, then I won't bee too impatient to sell my Liberty ...

Can you guys & gals please give me some advice ... Bearing in mind that I won't mind flying to VIC to drive home to NSW, and that I don't really want to spend more than the $7500 that I found a 1993 for, I am not sure what to do, and am looking for some smart advice ...

There is a black 1993 in VIC for $7500, there is a white 1992 in Lambton (1 hour from me) for $9900, there is a green 1996 in VIC for $11000. My thinking is that the 1996 would be best, as it is newer. I cannot go see the VIC ones before going there with a bucket full of money, and there is the chance I would waste a plane ticket there and back. The white one is near me so I can look at it, but I have no idea other than cosmeticaly what to look at ... The black or white would be better for me to paint some parts purple (there HAS to be purple). Then again, $7500 plus a plane ticket would be best, as I think I will get $8000 - $9000 for my Liberty.

Decisions, decisions, decisions ...

Any help or advice you could offer would be wonderful, then I can own a precious SVX, and come meet all you great people, with a precious SVX of my own !
Old 10-04-2009, 03:33 AM

Can't help you decide as that would be up to you - but advise we sure can.

I would say if you are keeeping the SVX for a long time, don't rush into it and then wait for a good one to come around - not just buy what is available here now. As all years are so similar - I'd prefer a 95+ car just for the added safety factor with airbags.

Or if price is the issue 92's would be fine - any tranny problems would have surfaced by now.

FYI - there's a white 92 in Rozelle - you may get $1,000 less if they're keen to sell -Jason or me could look at it for you if you want.
http://autoweb.com.au/cms/usedcars/s...6/vehicle.html
For the Vic one, you'll have to change rego + airfare + the drive back - not much to save on that one and condition unknown.

Sure hope this helps

Good Luck!
Old 10-05-2009, 12:30 AM
The SVX Killer

Thanks for the advice !! I saw the one at Rozelle, and it is tempting because I can buy a warranty, but the MX6 I bought a warranty with I had to spend $1200 within a month, because the warranty did not cover the springs that were collapsed, and it should not even have passed rego as it was, let alone be sold. So I am wary about those warranties now ...

You would not mind having a look at it for me ? You are awesome, thanks heaps !!! I will have to make a decision soon, I am not good at waiting ...

I would wait for a good one, but since I would have no idea on the difference, other than cosmetically, it is not much use waiting. Going to VIC is $200 for 2 of us to fly there, then about $200 in petrol back here. I changed one from QLD rego before, to NSW when I borrowed my dad's for 12 months, so that should not be a problem. Just have to get a blue slip, that is only about $100. If I get the $11000 one and have to spend money, I won't have the money (and it is soooo green) and I talked to the guy selling it, he is helping the owner sell it, because he bought his wife a Jag, and they have receipts and it has had all it's work and services done, so technically it sounds good. And if they can afford a Jag, it would have been garaged. The paint still looks shiny.

If I get the $7500 one, I will have some money to spend *when* bad things happen, and surely $3500 of stuff won't go wrong so soon ... That is my thinking, so I might just have to go the black one in VIC ... I can probably get my brother to go look at it for me, he is in Werribee. If I suck up to him enough.

Gotta talk to the bank tomorrow, and see how much they will let me borrow !!! w000000t I am all excited now !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking64 View Post
Can't help you decide as that would be up to you - but advise we sure can.

I would say if you are keeeping the SVX for a long time, don't rush into it and then wait for a good one to come around - not just buy what is available here now. As all years are so similar - I'd prefer a 95+ car just for the added safety factor with airbags.

Or if price is the issue 92's would be fine - any tranny problems would have surfaced by now.

FYI - there's a white 92 in Rozelle - you may get $1,000 less if they're keen to sell -Jason or me could look at it for you if you want.
http://autoweb.com.au/cms/usedcars/s...6/vehicle.html
For the Vic one, you'll have to change rego + airfare + the drive back - not much to save on that one and condition unknown.

Sure hope this helps

Good Luck!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: