Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Proven Engine Enhancements

Old 09-09-2006, 08:01 AM

Nismo injector electrical clips

I found a source for these elusive and expensive clips. www.splparts.com. Just look under the EFI parts section for the 90-99 300 ZX. Just installed them with my nismo 550 cc/min. They work great!
Old 09-12-2006, 09:55 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
damn $780 for new 740cc injectors?? Glad mine are new

Tom
Old 09-12-2006, 12:36 PM

clips

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
damn $780 for new 740cc injectors?? Glad mine are new

Tom
That is definitely a good price for nismo injectors. I think I paid $1000 for six 550s about 4 years ago. The prices have been comming down. I'm assuming LAN has provided clips for the injectors on his kit, so you probably don't need them. He has a source for the clips, but they were kind of expensive. I pm'd him with this link.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:32 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
very cool linkl and nice find. I believe the reason he went with the 740's instead of the 555's is because they were actually cheaper than the 555's at the time. Anyway, yes he does include them with the kit which is very conveinient. Mainly the reason I bought the kit is because all of the sourcing of parts was done for me and that I getting more lazy nowadays Anyway, thatnks for the link, may come in handy in the future

Tom
Old 09-13-2006, 12:50 PM

740s

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
very cool linkl and nice find. I believe the reason he went with the 740's instead of the 555's is because they were actually cheaper than the 555's at the time. Anyway, yes he does include them with the kit which is very conveinient. Mainly the reason I bought the kit is because all of the sourcing of parts was done for me and that I getting more lazy nowadays Anyway, thatnks for the link, may come in handy in the future

Tom
Yes. Sourcing of parts is extremely difficult and time consuming, especially if you are counting on the car as a daily driver.

Supercharging may require a bit more fuel, so the 740s are probably a good bet. Especially if you someday plan to lower the compression, and up the boost Although I have been very impressed with the results of the setup he LAN developed with the stock motor. High power, good control with the AWD, while maintaining the responsiveness and fuel efficiency of the 10:1 compression has its benifits. I also own a 2002 WRX with 8:1 compression, and while I enjoy the car, unless you drive like your in a race all of the time, you don't get power very quick like you do in the SVX, or my Wife's 2006 FXT. That has 8.4:1 compression and a very small turbo. Spools up quick. The automatic helps too.

I'm anxious to see you guys post some track times. As for me, I'm still working through some bugs.

Take Care