Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 07-10-2006, 10:34 AM

For Sale 1995 Uk Svx

Sadly for me the time has come to try and sell my SVX!

Further pictures in the text. Please bare with the pictures if they take time to load, they're worth it! Please note that I have written this advert to be used elsewhere, so a lot of what I've written is common knowledge for you guys, so bear with me if thats the case! And if I have made a mistake let me know

There is absolutely loads I can say about it but I'll probably miss out a lot so any questions, feel free to ask and I'll be happy to help.

so:

Subaru SVX
1995 UK CAR (ONLY 230 UK cars ever supplied)
Silver / Black
3.3litre Flat 6 Horizontally opposed Boxer Engine
230BHP
4WD variable split full time
4spd Automatic with economy/sport mode and manual mode
Full leather/suede interior
Electric windows, sunroof, drivers seat, aerial
Heated Seats (lovely for winter!)
Air con
Drivers Air Bag
Factory Subaru Radio Casette in hidden cosole within dash.
Alloy wheels
Immobiliser
85k miles
FULL SERVICE HISTORY
Reconditioned gearbox with 9000 miles left on warranty.
Cambelt 3 months ago
Alternator belt 3 months ago
5/6 months tax
5/6 months MOT

Thats the main spec. The gearbox was professionally reconditioned 3 months ago and has the balance of the 12,000 mile warranty on it, which is excellent peace of mind.

The engine is in fine shape and drives absolutely superbly and without any fault. It is a 6 cylinder Boxer engine and is VERY smooth. It has been fully serviced as and when it should throughout its life. It starts absolutely fine, and runs VERY quietly. The exhaust has a lovely note, but when idling you would not guess the power it hides! I have had the Cambelt and Alternator belt replaced, so there is really little to think about now for 60,000 miles or so, apart from normal servicing.

The interior is very good. The full leather seats are very comfortable and supportive, the drivers seat has adjustable lumbar support and electric forward/back, tilt, and height adjust. They are also heated. The dash is a mixture of suede and immitation walnut. Its actually very nice! There are roomy back seats too. This was something of an executive saloon rather than a small coupe and 4 adults can travel comfortably. It has the factory fitted radio casette and speakers. Also air con and factory electric sunroof.

The exterior is also very good with just a couple of chips on the bumpers. Easily sorted if you want to I would expect. The exterior is the most striking aspect of the car and has to be seen to be appreciated. Check out the pics! Its sleek and low. Note the side window design which is inspired by jet fighter cockpits! It actually has a drag coefficient lower than that of a Mclarren F1!! I have many more pictures, but viewings are of course welcome. Email me if you are interested and I will email my contact details and answer any questions you may have.

I've owned the car since last November when I bought it to be my winter car. The rebuild on the gearbox was very expensive but I had planned to keep the car and so thought it a wise investment to have it done properly. I am now looking to sell this car as I would like to try and save a deposit for a flat.

Please note that at the moment the cruise control seems not to be working. It was working and then I switched it off and it wouldn't start working again. This was a couple of weeks ago. Any advice on what to check would be appreciated. I'm sure I can rectify this for the sale.

It is a lovely car to drive and travel in. It can be very fast and the power band is very wide. It will still pull hard after 100mph, and has a reported top speed of just below 150mph (I have not been anywhere where I could legally confirm this!!) It is very unique with the "window within a window" design, and the two tone paint.

Thank you

Subaru SVX
£4350 or highest offer.
email: john.clark@animal.co.uk

Last edited by rolling_project; 07-10-2006 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Phil & Belha

Thumbs up

Tidy looking car. Nice writeup.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II
Old 07-14-2006, 08:54 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Looks really good.

Wish I could afford to buy it, I would take it off your hands.

Best of luck with the sale.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-14-2006, 10:02 AM

Thanks Joe.

It'll be a great car for someone...

Old 07-14-2006, 12:53 PM

Send a message via MSN to Maineman1963
Looks a nice car and good write up ! Hope you get the money you are looking for as SVX prices seem weak. Recent import car with 53k miles struggled to even hit £2000 after several times on Ebay , see threads below ! Paid less than £3k for our black 95 UK car, 90k miles FSH etc.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:24 AM

Hi Maineman,

I have been sadly only too aware of the ebay prices that SVXs are going for. The reason I am asking the money I am is because of that newly reconditioned gearbox which we all know the price for (! ouch) - around £1500 for the build and then fitting.....

I would be open to reasonable offers, but this is a car which is not only in great condition, with a very healthy engine and lovely interior, but also has THE best gearbox situation as it is still under warranty

I know its usually only people who already have an SVX who read this forum, but just incase there was a potential buyer out there, I thought it only right that I explain the reason for my price.

As I said though, if you're an SVX hunter, I am open to reasonable offers...

Thanks

John
Old 08-14-2006, 06:06 PM

Perhaps with the RHD, you could advertise in Japan, of all places...

2004 Stage 3 XT Forester-Soon for sale!

2007 Jag S-type, just 17k on it!

Past prides: 1992 black LsL new off the lot.
1992 pearlie for a few months.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: