Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2006, 10:19 AM
One teal and One yellow

Unhappy bad luck thread

Well, this thread may be for those who want to mumble/share theirs unlucky stuff. February was a bad month to me......after hanging on a while and saving, I decided to get my yellow svx fixed. bought a tranny......it turned out to be a bad one. no warranty on the labor and it cost more than parts!! And, while testing my yellow x, my mx-3 v6 was left at my buddy's work place. there's a vandalism at the shop over the weekend and my car was an innocent victim...driver's side window was smashed by people for no reasons. my buddy who works there also got smashed on one of the his cars' windshields. two days ago, while working part-time at nite, i almost fell down and hurt myself....... i hope march will be a good month...my buddy and I can get the claims from our car damages. : )

few damaged pics of my mx-3 v6:

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 03-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Hater

February....let's see...

furnace broke and had to get a new one
sick the entire month
didn't win the Powerball

yeah, it sucked.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 03-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
March came in like a lion for me.

I went to the bank to authorise mortgage withdrawls from my account. They told me they would start taking money next week. I gave them a cheque to cover the current payment.

Yesterday morning I go to pay another bill and my account is in the negative

I immediately go deposit/transfer money to my account to avoid charges.

Today I check my account and it shows they bounced my cheque 2 days ago (that information was not there yesterday) and they charged me $35 for the NSF cheque.

I called the bank and had to go through 2 representatives and 2 managers before they finally reversed the NSF charge.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Feb. was alot of up's and downs.

UP's
Got 4.44 gears, custom exhaust and a new grille
Met svxfiles,newsvx,sssvx,chike,subi-crosser,green eyed lady, and mr.hoots
sold old tranny for over 500 bucks, delivered to new york
found out I was going to Reading
Got some goodyear eagle rs-a's with 6/32 tread for 115 bucks.
DOWN's
Was out of work due to the surgery
The shop getting vandalized(Although I lost nothing in it I still feel bad and would just love to whoop some ass over it)
hardly any money coming in(and it usually ends up spent on the car )
rear bearings started going bad
rack & pinion started leaking worse
Got over 500 bucks for tranny, But only had 120 left when I got back from delivering it. (Got tires on the way back)

But overall, Not too bad I guess. It can always be worse.

Sorry to hear about the car Ken. Good luck my friend.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:49 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
[QUOTE=SSSVX]Well, this thread may be for those who want to mumble/share theirs unlucky stuff. February was a bad month to me......after hanging on a while and saving, I decided to get my yellow svx fixed. bought a tranny......it turned out to be a bad one. no warranty on the labor and it cost more than parts!! And, while testing my yellow x, my mx-3 v6 was left at my buddy's work place. there's a vandalism at the shop over the weekend and my car was an innocent victim...driver's side window was smashed by people for no reasons. my buddy who works there also got smashed on one of the his cars' windshields. two days ago, while working part-time at nite, i almost fell down and hurt myself....... i hope march will be a good month...my buddy and I can get the claims from our car damages. : )

BUM LUCK, Ken. Sorry to hear of the problems. I sure hope March is better for you!

Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx
Old 03-01-2006, 08:48 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Wow. That's a lot of bad stuff. Sorry guys. I remember the furnace with LS. May March be good to all of you!

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 03-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
January-
~Laid off my welding job due to the boss's financial troubles
~Apperently didnt exist at my part time job? New manegment and computer snafus = out of work for 3 weeks
~Good friend's ex is pragnant...probly his kid
~Extra stress because my sister shouldered rent for me (She works 3 jobs already...what does she need? 4? 7?)
~Sister's asshat boyfriend loses his job. Sister shoulders the rent
~My mother loses a month's work for medical reasons.
~I cant get the 2500$ my mom owes me back BECAUSE she is out of work
~two best friends break up. Puts me in akward situation. I shouldered both their miseries and stuff
~Excal's car...the ongoing saga (Drama between breakup)
Febuary-
~All of the above plus 700$ in the hole
~Mysterious flat tire. Valve stem issue
~Car's registration expired. 70$ to renew, cant afford to
~Need new tires, sway bar bushings, an alignment, and power steering rack..No time OR money to do it
~Toilet breaks. Fixed 2 days later
~Friend with pregnant girls's thingy has yet another argument with parents....Kicked out of his house, and guess who has to give him rides places?
~Crossmember fabrication....Want it to be right. More stress less time to release
~end of the month..... 1 police officer every half mile, if not more. Driving a red "sports car" with expired registration......Yeah, Im not leaving home
~NO FREAKIN JOBS AVAILABLE ANYWHERE! ANYWHERE!!
~Um...Lady troubles

Yeah...January and febuary have to be the two ****TIEST months of my life thus far..and frankly ive had some pretty ****ty months.

Okay, so some of that wasnt exactly bad luck, but 1/3rd of it is just from losing my job(s)

...but march is looking a little better
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 03-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
January-
~Laid off my welding job due to the boss's financial troubles
~Apperently didnt exist at my part time job? New manegment and computer snafus = out of work for 3 weeks
~Good friend's ex is pragnant...probly his kid
~Extra stress because my sister shouldered rent for me (She works 3 jobs already...what does she need? 4? 7?)
~Sister's asshat boyfriend loses his job. Sister shoulders the rent
~My mother loses a month's work for medical reasons.
~I cant get the 2500$ my mom owes me back BECAUSE she is out of work
~two best friends break up. Puts me in akward situation. I shouldered both their miseries and stuff
~Excal's car...the ongoing saga (Drama between breakup)
Febuary-
~All of the above plus 700$ in the hole
~Mysterious flat tire. Valve stem issue
~Car's registration expired. 70$ to renew, cant afford to
~Need new tires, sway bar bushings, an alignment, and power steering rack..No time OR money to do it
~Toilet breaks. Fixed 2 days later
~Friend with pregnant girls's thingy has yet another argument with parents....Kicked out of his house, and guess who has to give him rides places?
~Crossmember fabrication....Want it to be right. More stress less time to release
~end of the month..... 1 police officer every half mile, if not more. Driving a red "sports car" with expired registration......Yeah, Im not leaving home
~NO FREAKIN JOBS AVAILABLE ANYWHERE! ANYWHERE!!
~Um...Lady troubles

Yeah...January and febuary have to be the two ****TIEST months of my life thus far..and frankly ive had some pretty ****ty months.

Okay, so some of that wasnt exactly bad luck, but 1/3rd of it is just from losing my job(s)

...but march is looking a little better

dayum. Charlie Brown?

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 03-02-2006, 12:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
Well i dont have quite the list you guys do, my neighbors kids killed the side of my svx.

They rode thier bikes past it on the side of the hill dragging the handlebars down the side. Its probably got 100 little flecks of paint missing. And so many dents i cant count them all. I came out of a really bad physics lab to see subette sitting alone on her side of parking lot sparkling like crazy (spring is great!) as i get closer i notice the body isnt reflecting evenly. Closer yet, holy **** she's dented! I practically dive at the car and discover the sudden lack of pain on what was my almost prefect passenger side (3 small bb gun shots on the door). So i call campus security, they are us less and try to say i must have gone thru gravel and it didnt happen on campus. So i go on with my day and then the next day go out to inspect the damage. Dents and scraps at 21 inchs high from the rear wheel to the front bumper. Gouges in the front passenger rim! And several large gouges out of the side skirt at 17 inches in a somewhat circular pattern. Sounds like a bike right? There's only one family with kids of bicycling age, the family that has 4 kids and never watches them (why watch your kids when your neighbors will do it?)

So i discuss the issue with my mother, who is very nicy nice and wants everyone to like her. Very unlike me who is a ***** and will be one when i have to be to get what i want done done. Well she chooses to go over to the neighbor and talk with her about it. The neighbor claims the kids bikes are all destroyed b/c her husband hit them with the car a few days ago so it couldnt have been her kids. yeah, b/c the same day they rode the bikes and left them in the street was the same day my car got messed up! (maybe if she had finished the 9th grade she could see logic!) My mother chooses to tell this woman we wont press charges or take them to court bc/ she understands that they dont have much money and they have 4 kids. Yeah they choose not to work instead they keep having kids thats why they have no money! (she had a great job and she quit b/c it was 'too hard' and he decided to work 2 days a week so he could be home with the kids more. So for a family of 6 the grand total of hours worked is 20!) She tried to convince my mom it was the little boy who lives next too me. He's TWO and his mother would never let him near the area my car is parked b/c a)she knows its my baby and b) i park it under a tree than drops spiky little balls she doesnt want him playing with. it wasnt him.

So i need a new door, new side skirt, new front fender, body work on the rear fender, new paint, and a new passanger side tire. Grand total: i have no idea but i know i dont have enough!

I cried the whole way home after hearing my mom telling me about her 'dealing' with the neighbors. I spend hours each month taking care of this car, i spend tons of money fixing it up mechanically and now its got more waves in the door than the freaking ocean!

So thats my whine and gripe session. i live next to trailer trash who has no respect for property or the words "those dogs will bite you" (another story of the morons who live next door).

Oh, and to top it off last week the youngest child was brought over to my house while her older sister chased my kitten and she fell against the car after i told her sister repeatedly to keep her away form it b/c she was so wobbly (mismatch shoes ) She's two so i just held my breath and tried not to freak out. Well i've ran out of air and the yelling and rage i've been holding in is about to be unleashed.

PS i'll be posting photos later for vindication that this is an expensive repair and i have reason to be so filled with rage. and hopefully some sort of temp fix/hiding method until i can find time and money to fix it.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Missing in action

Registered SVX
...Well, at least you wont have to worry about getting parking dents on that side for a while.

oh, was supposed to visit my mom today to HOPEFULLY get some of my money back. Canceled because I cant get ahold of her to let her know Im coming down and I need directions.
So forget what I said about march
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 03-03-2006, 01:05 AM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
...Well, at least you wont have to worry about getting parking dents on that side for a while.

oh, was supposed to visit my mom today to HOPEFULLY get some of my money back. Canceled because I cant get ahold of her to let her know Im coming down and I need directions.
So forget what I said about march
Sorry guys!! The only thing I can complain about is , My wife is mad at me!!

not a really big issue, cause she usually IS mad at me!!
I can spend 5 days in a row with her, and hear "You NEVER spend TIME with ME"!!! If I mention something I have to do on day 6!!!

I live in a house where 'alzheimers, menopause, and puberty' are all going off at the SAME time!!! My only 'ally', is my chilli-pomeranian mutt!!! Since he, and I are the only people here that have 'testosterone', and everyone else is riding roller-coasters!!!

Jerry

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 03-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Missing in action

Registered SVX
Angry ...and the luck continues

Okay..So I have worked for this particular convienience store for about 3 years..and lateley it has been ANYTHING but convenient.
Take not of the aforementioned 3 weeks not existing in the store computer
That happened because I called out of work sick (for the first time ever I might add)
So Wednsday night, I was working. I was sceduled to work thrusday night also, but I had plans to go down to my mother house in maryland. I told the assistant manager that I would not be able to make it in the next night, and she said that it was fine, and that she would get someone to cover for me. Hell, I figured that she would be the best person to tell because she was in charge the next night also.So thursday rolls around...and Unfotunatly, my plans to venture down south fell through. Hell, I had off work anyway, so I decided to go job hunting some more.
Anyway, fast forward to earlier today (Saturday) I get a phone call saying Im fired for not showing up.

DOUBLE YOU TEE EF!!?!??!!
This deserves ten angry faces.
It turns out that the assistant manager didnt write on the scedule that I wasnt coming in, didnt TELL any of the other assistant managers that I wasnt coming in, and had taken thursday off for her own reasons. So the person newly appointed to be in charge for thursday looks and goes
"Woah...Eric isnt here" and tells the manager. He goes
"Meh, he is fired then"

So as it stands now..Im jobless, 700 bucks in the hole....900 in a week, and to top it off, im so god ****ing busy helping other people with their **** that I cant get my own crap done. I mean, seriously, I aint runnin a ****ing charity, I cant do all this **** for other people for nothing. Last time I checked, I cant pay the Allstate Insurance Company with favors and good intentions.
Oh...but wait, theres more.
As of right now, at this very moment, I shpould be sleeping. I have to drive to maryland tomorrow (FOR REAL THIS TIME!!) starting in....5 hours....
And I cant sleep a freakin wink. PROBLY because Im so over stressterated.It would probly help if I had a girlfriend or something to kinda vent on.Seriously, do I need more pherimones? Is my magnetic personality reverse polarity? is my mirror lying to me or something? Gah thats a whole 'nother thread
Anyway..yeah, next time your car explodes...or your house burns down...or your girlfriend explodes/burns down, just think to yourelf

"Gee...This kinda sucks...but at least Im not Eric"

Old 03-04-2006, 11:46 PM
<<<Alcyone

Driving up the road to my wife's work for the monthly 'free' tank of gas, (she drives her SVX a couple of miles each day for the company and gets a tank of gas each month in lieu of mileage), a truck going down the road kicked up a rock and cracked the windshield. This has got to be the most expensive 'free' tank of gas on record.

I'm hoping to wait till the end of ski season to get it replaced. About 30" and growing . . . Having to run the Defrost in subfreezing tempuratures isn't helping it!

Pentiums - Melt in your PC, not in your hand!

Project - '92 Claret - Purchased May '06, 99,XXX Miles. Includes two bad engines and one bad tranny, cracked windshield, otherwise mostly complete.

His - '92 Ebony Pearl - Purchased Dec '05, 134,687 Miles. Parked, TC Seal(?) is leaking.Daily driver - 140,500 and climbing.
Hers - '92 Teal - Purchased Aug '05, 129,050 Miles. Daily driver - 160,000 and climbing.
Mods:
PWR Radiator!
Problems:
Antenna doesn't work - Bought a 'new' one - Too cold to install . . . OK, it's warmer but I have other projects too!
Ticking from front of engine, passenger side - Stuck lifter?
Old 03-05-2006, 07:47 AM
Missing in action

Registered SVX
.........damnit.....

Maryland trip canceled yet again. Heres the story
Driving down the parkway, cruiding around 80ish, little fast, but not really. the roads were wide open, and you know how its kinda hard to keep the svx going 65....
So I see a clearing with a state trooper parked. "Aw crap" I didnt even bother slowing down really..I knew he had me
So I got pulled over. Remember my registration? Yeah...that bit me in the ass. So the officer gets my licence insurance registration and goes back to the cruiser. Meanwhile, the ferry that we were GOING to be on time for has left. Next ferry departure is 3 hours away. At this point, **** going there....We would be at the house for all of a half hour before we have to leave again.
So the police officer comes back, issues the two tickets...Failure to show registration and speeding. He cut me a break on the speeding ticket and claimed I was going 77 (rather than 85)
After the typical heres the ticket pay theese people and all that jazz speach, he asks me a favor.
"I jsut need you to pull into the police barraks...its mabey a 3 tenths of a mile up. I....Dropped your licence between the seats, and I just want to get it out without risking getting hit by a car"

...Great.. So I pull into the barraks and wait. And wait. And wait some more.

"Okay...if you would just wait here...Im really sorry for the inconvenience, but I may have dropped it in the road. I looked over the tape and didnt see me dropping it, but I just gotta see"

so he drives off....twenty minutes later he comes back

"Okay..I cant find it. I feel really bad holding you here, so here is a number, my name, ect. you can call if theres any problems and you get puleld over or need ID on you." theen he asks for my number so he can call when he finds it.
So of I go on my journey to find a place to pull a U turn to head the 55 miles back home..and I get a call. the officer found my licence. I had to pull over and wait...again...for him to come by.

So i got my licence back, and he felt like an idiot, Im sure. He told me to go ahead and plead innocent, and he would do everything he could to get me out of the points and reduce fees.
Although it was kinda funny...it still sucks, becuase now , I have to wait YET AGAIN to get SOME of MY money back..and when I do get it, Im sure that some of it is going right toward tickets (Even though they will be reduced)
to top it off now I have 100 miles less gas in my tank....

So yeah, my luck officially sucks gorilla butt.

Old 03-08-2006, 02:16 PM

My life sucks right now too, but it has nothing to do with luck. It's because of who I am.