Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 02-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapaBavarian
Electrophil- I'm with ya on that I spent significant time in 3 different major sects of Christianiaty and understood from a very young age, 3rd grade to be exact, what you just said. It struck me as strange, for instance, that the teachers in one school spoke ill of the Jews even though their lord and savior was a Jew (although I would believe that he was Buddahist) and the constant use of the phrase "fear of God" was reported to to be the old way of saying respect... Riiiiiiiight, it ment that the people were scared! Worship me or you will go to hell!

I got sick of the teaching of missionary, AKA going to other lands forcing other people to abide by your beliefs and "saving" them, the pain and blood shed horified me, and all in the name of God! I stoped in on a Christian radio station last week and listened to a tirade on Muslums in america and how they should all be thrown out of this country... Would that make God proud? To hate his children who follow many of the same beliefs, but under another name? Would it make God proud that millions of his children have been murdered in his name? Just a couple of hundred years ago I could have bought a Negro, this was not a man, but a piece of property, in fact the bible belt was the strongest hold of slavery.

I don't believe that the majority of religious people are like this, but many are, and it seems to have become part of the institution, like any animal the institutions of religion will do whatever they can to further themselves...
Wow... You've walked the walk! Missionary experience? Wow.

Your last sentence is so insanely true. The majority of religious people aren't like this. It's the spiritual leaders...I don't understand sometimes, maybe it's the power. But they spread it, and the rest kind of follows. And it's some really good people that follow.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 02-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
I firmly believe the phrase "don't knock it 'till you've tried it", I have never been a missionary, but I learned enough... Especially about the California Missions. It seems such a shame, if all the energy that is expended on furthering the religion was spent helping people think of what the world would be like.
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:41 AM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Who is that power? the Demon or God himslef ?

from where I stand, It looks like the demons are WINNING!!]

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 02-10-2006, 12:43 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
I think there is a point being missed throughout this thread. Religion is not the reason, religion is the excuse used.

Does anybody really believe that Israel was the "promised land", or was it the justification Moses used to attack the cities of Canaan? David followed right behind him in attacking every city they crossed in the area. "Israel" as it is now called, was taken by force in the first place from the Canaanites. If it was "promised", why did they have to "take" it?

It was just their justification to kill everyone. But I don't say that as a slam toward the Jews. Every religion in the world has continuously used their "belief system" as a justification for doing bad things to other people.

Worked the same way in the US when the early settlers started wiping out the Native Americans. God's will.... ha! God's will my rear. Did he have a cell phone with those guys? My gosh, A pillar of the Mormon religion is based on the Native Americans being turned red by God for their blasphemy.

Religion "justifies" terror. It doesn't really matter which religion. They all do the same thing. And every single time a world leader pops up and starts quoting scriptures from any spiritual writings, we all need to take notice... cause something bad is about to happen.

Here's the real fact. We aren't important. We are not in the center of something big. We are on some insignificant planet, circling some insignificant star, some 3 quarters of the way out from the middle of some totally unremarkable and insignificant galaxy.

The guys who have used religion as a justification for their "victories/defeats" were also not important, and no "God" was faxing them instructions. They wouldn't have been important enough to someone who created an entire universe. But it did give their particular group a way of dealing with what they were doing.

Uhhh... That's why every time God spoke to these guys, they always seemed to be up a mountain somewhere alone with no witnesses.

Sorry..... Another point of view.
Robert, I dunno what you mean by Canaanites, as far as I know, we, lebanese were known long time ago by "Phoenicians" who dicovered the red ink from seashells then later on by the "Canaanites". We Lebanese were known as the "Canaanites"... sorry I didn't really understand what you meant by your statement...

As for the religious beliefs, you in the States have a thing towards racism of the Black/White people, right? Let's comsider you are a white man and you call a black man as "nigger", what would his reaction be? He gets really furious, right? for what? does he use as an excuse that thing to get in a fight with you? I don't think so... The same is happening in the Middle East. We have an issue with Religion. Religion is not an excuse, it is rather the CAUSE of the fight over here as the word "NIGGER" is the cause of trouble in the States. You are not able to understand this concept because you are living in a different environment, more civilized than the one I am living in. Over here we are coexisting, it's true, but I just want to show the daily street fights that occur here.

There are two regions in Lebanon which are forbibben to the other religions. "Ain el Roummaneh" in the east region of Beirut, is known to be controlled by extremist Christians, let me tell you a story about it: in this region, we have a big statue of Mary holding in her hands and lap Jesus after his crucification. One day, 4 Muslims entered the area on 4 bikes and they started turning their bikes near that statue resulting in a lot of smoke and dust. Around 20 extremists Christians bloked them, and beated them until they fainted. Their bikes were parted . after 2 hours, they got back to their region (West area of Beirut, their region is called the Dahieh) and came back with 50 others thinking they will face those 20 alone. Hehe, they were surprised to see 800 waiting for them with M-16's, AK's, Bats, even women were carrying grenades . The result? Police and Army beaten up, and 12 muslims killed and the others rushed to the hospital. Not one Muslim was spared, and 2 Christians beaten up.

Religion in the Middle East is the cause and the consequence, maybe you are not able to comprehend it because you are living in another environment and belief. As much as I love freedom in my country, i also hate and I am afraid from the clashes that might occur in the future.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:49 AM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb
To Muslim extrememists/fundamentalists:

Speaking as an unremarkable human being and ordinary citizen with no particular axe to grid, I and many like-minded folk around the globe are deeply offended by those who hijack commercial aircraft and fly them into buildings, murdering thousands in the name of their "faith." You're outraged over a stupid drawing that insults your religion; we're outraged over ghoulish acts that offend civilization.

To whom shall we address this grievance?

dcb
Its time to put 'tolerance' BEHIND common sence!!

Jesus said, " turn the other cheek". But gave no furthur instructions!!!

Jerry

Jerry
Old 02-10-2006, 01:04 AM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Silverspear yikes, and I thought things like this happened on the Indian Pakistani border.

But then again with the history as wel as the cecumstances of what occurs in your region on a daily basis can make paranoid fanatics out of anyone.

As for racism in the US, there is still a undercurrent going on but it is not really wide spread as much as white people shouldn't walk into certain neighborhoods or visa versa unless they are asking to be mugged at gun point or worse. And it is also quite obvious to anyone that intolerance to Muslims is ever growing, even though most users on the internet may not be affected or show it. There is also how the People's Republic of China percieve and handle a "threat to their stability" such as the Falun Gong but they don't mind rap. And another thing is, I am not sure if it is as prominent anymore but in Israel European Jews had a tendancy to look down upon their Arabic brethren, even though that is changing since more are embracing Arabic culture, music and such. Sort of like how in the late 1980s and early 90s white people in the US started to get into African American culture and of course music.

Last edited by Weebitob; 02-10-2006 at 01:22 AM.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:21 AM
Now with more color

As for "what it is really about"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebitob
Silverspear yikes, and I thought things like this happened on the Indian Pakistani border.

But then again with the history as wel as the cecumstances of what occurs in your region on a daily basis can make paranoid fanatics out of anyone.

As for racism in the US, there is still a undercurrent going on but it is not really wide spread as much as white people shouldn't walk into certain neighborhoods or visa versa unless they are asking to be mugged at gun point or worse. And it is also quite obvious to anyone that intolerance to Muslims is ever growing, even though most users on the internet may not be affected or show it. And another thing is, I am not sure if it is as prominent anymore but in Israel European Jews had a tendancy to look down upon their Arabic brethren, even though that is changing since more are embracing Arabic culture, music and such. Sort of like how in the late 1980s and early 90s white people in the US started to get into African American culture and of course music.
A man I have known for 25 years had a 'cookout' , and invited his neighbors. They were BOTH 'refugees ' from the B.S. in Somalia.. And were on the oppoisite side!!
They had their families with them, and over a few Coors Lights, confided in my friend, that if they were home, they would have to KILL each other!!!

A great time was had by all, and no bloodshed followed the 'picnic'.. PROOF that the "leaders" are the problem, NOT the people!!!!

RX, Apply as needed, to releve PAIN!!!!

Jerry

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 02-10-2006 at 01:25 AM.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:29 AM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser
A man I have known for 25 years had a 'cookout' , and invited his neighbors. They were BOTH 'refugees ' from the B.S. in Somalia.. And were on the oppoisite side!!
They had their families with them, and over a few Coors Lights, confided in my friend, that if they were home, they would have to KILL each other!!!

A great time was had by all, and no bloodshed followed the 'picnic'.. PROOF that the "leaders" are the problem, NOT the people!!!!
True, but sometimes what governments percieve as threats or are intolerant towards end up inevidably trickling down and reflect upon some of their citizens. As well as people with certain opinions ending up getting into government. But most of the time it is what one's country or society dictates so if you issolated from that or in the right place it just doesn't matter. For example, at one point during the Clinton administration there were camps Palestinian and Israeli kids went to where they found that even though they were alienated at first and felt disidant both ended up adjusting and actually becoming friends, of course there were some exceptions though.

Btw, what you mentioned is great. and goes to show that the enviroment does play a large part. But I would also like to see a different opinion.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Robert, I dunno what you mean by Canaanites, as far as I know, we, lebanese were known long time ago by "Phoenicians" who dicovered the red ink from seashells then later on by the "Canaanites". We Lebanese were known as the "Canaanites"... sorry I didn't really understand what you meant by your statement...

As for the religious beliefs, you in the States have a thing towards racism of the Black/White people, right? Let's comsider you are a white man and you call a black man as "nigger", what would his reaction be? He gets really furious, right? for what? does he use as an excuse that thing to get in a fight with you? I don't think so... The same is happening in the Middle East. We have an issue with Religion. Religion is not an excuse, it is rather the CAUSE of the fight over here as the word "NIGGER" is the cause of trouble in the States. You are not able to understand this concept because you are living in a different environment, more civilized than the one I am living in. Over here we are coexisting, it's true, but I just want to show the daily street fights that occur here.

There are two regions in Lebanon which are forbibben to the other religions. "Ain el Roummaneh" in the east region of Beirut, is known to be controlled by extremist Christians, let me tell you a story about it: in this region, we have a big statue of Mary holding in her hands and lap Jesus after his crucification. One day, 4 Muslims entered the area on 4 bikes and they started turning their bikes near that statue resulting in a lot of smoke and dust. Around 20 extremists Christians bloked them, and beated them until they fainted. Their bikes were parted . after 2 hours, they got back to their region (West area of Beirut, their region is called the Dahieh) and came back with 50 others thinking they will face those 20 alone. Hehe, they were surprised to see 800 waiting for them with M-16's, AK's, Bats, even women were carrying grenades . The result? Police and Army beaten up, and 12 muslims killed and the others rushed to the hospital. Not one Muslim was spared, and 2 Christians beaten up.

Religion in the Middle East is the cause and the consequence, maybe you are not able to comprehend it because you are living in another environment and belief. As much as I love freedom in my country, i also hate and I am afraid from the clashes that might occur in the future.
I understand what you are saying. Especially about the statue. We do go through that here, but it is more low key, and usually involves separation of church and state, not people tearing things up. (Reminder...to protect the state, not the church.) It involves placing the 10 commandments at government buildings, stem cell research bans because the stem cells come from aborted fetus', etc. You are also dead on about our mix of religion. We tend to be very tolerant of other religions, even though everyone thinks everyone else is going to hell but their religion. I agree this would affect my comprehension on the matter.

The analogy toward our African American community is sound, but just a little generalized. The word itself is not taboo in the United States, African Americans use it among themselves as almost a blasted endearment. It's just whites have lost their priviledge of saying it, due to our blatant abuse of the word in decades past. I won't even type the word myself, because I feel the African American community is dead right. We lost any rights to that word long ago. But the word itself is not taboo. Most African Americans...and whites look at a person saying it as low class white trash...if they are white, and get uncomfortable when blacks use it among themselves because we don't know how to respond. But very few break out AK-47's. I'll definitely agree on that.

This extreme violence is brought on through agitation from the leadership. Someone or maybe some people spread the word of this foul act around the statue and agitated the community.. somebody rallied the troops...even though the bible clearly states the position they have on worshipping idols and statues.

I know it sounds offensive, and I truly don't want to be, but religion isn't a good thing. Regardless, it causes more death, and terror in our world more than any other factor. And this includes so called "evil dictators" that my country seems bent on "fixing". Funny, this too is being caused by an extreme "right wing" religious mindset that has control of our country at this time. (But not for much longer. , they are so corrupt, they are getting themselves thrown out.)

Just remember, when the Israeli's came marching into Beirut back in the early 80's, that wasn't religion. The Israeli's claim was the continuous guerrilla attacks across their border by Muslim extremists. But.... The Muslims were doing it out of "religion"... or so they say.

Canaan included all the land around the penisula, which included where Israel/Palestine is now and also present day Lebanon. Actually, it was quite larger than that, and went beyond both borders. You were all Canaanites prior to Moses and David. It was a huge plot of land at the time. The areas around Lebanon were never conquered by the Israelites. But they sure as heck tried..... for almost a century.

The Canaanites were big with carriages back then with a driver and bow equiped sharp shooters. They were EXTREMELY effective with them. But the Israelites would lure them up in the higher elevations, get the carriages stuck in mud, then pick them off. The Canaanites in the Lebanon area had learned from the mistakes by the Canaanites down south, and didn't usually fall in the same traps.

The Isrealites were also one of the first societies to start using "embargos" against cities. Surrounding a city, starving them out, and during this time, planting "helpers" within the city walls. They would then attack when the city became weak. And they were extremely vicious attacks that followed a plan of complete anniliation of every man, woman, and child in the city..trying to wipe the race out. If you study the history during the periods of Moses, and his successor David, you immediately pick up on just how bloody things were. They were both pretty ruthless for being "God fearing men". They say God gave him the 10 commandments, but he obviously felt above these laws.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Last edited by Electrophil; 02-10-2006 at 02:03 AM.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:10 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebitob
The Liquoud party is what Aerial Sharon use to be a part of, he now has formed a new party called Kadema. Also, it is sort of funny to here Liquoud members touting that they are war veterans since technically almost every Israeli no matter what political affiliation or even religion at times has served in the military at one point.

It is probably not as many Druzes in Israel as in Lebanon, the last survey in 1981 showed that they were 72,000. That population has probably grown since then. I would also like to know who you are reffering to when it comes to Jews with "terrifying beliefs." If you mean some of the orthodox extremists then they would probably seem quite terrifying to you, in fact they are terifying to anyone they see on the road on Fridays, they're known to hurl stones at cars driving during the Sabath in Jersulem at times.

Uhhh not really, in fact some Jews look at the next Messiah as an age of peace rather than a person that would bring it. Also the Jews are not the only ones awaiting a Messiah, even some Christians and Muslims are into it. As for that Rabbi who "snapped to his senses" some would be consider him a Jew for Jesus. For the prophecies he told, you have to consider there were those who predicted the end of the world while the Holy Roman Empire was falling into ruin and during the Crusades, this is not the only time ever the world has went into chaos. So even though it is good to remain vigalent, you don't have take this forcast with every grain of salt just yet. Also, you have to remember there are extremists in every religion and nationality, you seemed to state that so clearly with Muslims yet blured it with Jews. Sure, there are indeed those Jews that when they think "chosen people" they think total superiority, but there are others that also think of themselves as guilding other people whether through their own judgement or the hardships as total people went though. It is like the saying, for every two Jews there are three opinions.

As for Israel just using the US as an arms seller, my grandfather told me a great saying that "nations do not have friends, they only have interests." Which means that the government of one nation is not going to diplomatically extend their hand to another unless they that other gives offers them something in return and the nation that is excepting it is usually seeking some sort of benifit from the other. The US is not the only one who has ever supplied arms to Israel there was also France and Britain who supplied weapons to Israel in the hope that they would have a "dark horse" so tp speak in the Middle East to prevent the recently independent Arab nations from getting too strong, this became prevelant by the Suez Canal War. After seeing that most of the Middle Eastern nations used Russian weapons the US started supplying weapons to Israel as a test bed to see how their technology fared against th Soviet's without going to war themselves. Of course Israel gladly accepted all of these offers because the Arab nations were at war with them ever since they declared independence in 1948.

And as far as I can tell most Israelis, even the extremist ones feel like they have already accomplished their goal in aquiring the holy land (with the exception of those that want to see the Gaza strip and West Bank in Israeli hands). They just see an act of war as the only way to protect that from what they see as invaders.

It is indeed sad to hear what happened in Lebanon and Israel's invasion of it during the late 1970s through early 80s in an attempt to expel Syrian troops and the PLO made things even worse. In fact most Israelis look at that war as their Vietnam and feel they didn't need to be there. And from what I recall with the exception of Lebanon where the IDF pretty much leveled chunks of everything, in the other wars Israeli jets only attacked enemy air fields and tanks.

As for Israeli troops demolishing Palestinian houses, they have pretty much laid off that for almost two years now in hopes of peace and the only time they ever did that was when they suspected the people living in there had weapons or were buidling bombs. With the exception of profiling amongst individuals the IDF as a whole behaves about as professionally as the US army. Even though some may dispute what the US is doing in Iraq they are still acting under regulation and not going around like total shock troops.

And for current events I don't think Lebenon has to worry about strikes from Israel, as their targets right now are situated way south and northeast of you in other words the Gaza and perhaps Iran. However, if they do also stage an assault on the West Bank there maybe Hamas who would want to flee to your country, but then I hope it doesn't become a repeat of what happened in the 1980s.

As for how ancient Israel and the Jews originated even though the religion started with Abraham, their nation started with King Saul who started out who united all the tribes of Judea against the Canaanites who also inhabited in the area but they didn't conquer all of Canaan until David. Remember that the tribes which united in the north to who called themselves the Israelites and were Jews as well were conquered by the Hittites and were dispersed. You see, prior to him the Israelites or tribes of Judea in the south were separate tribes that roamed Canaan and were ultimately a minority. So yes, Jews originated as conquerors but an interest fact you cannot miss is the one that the Israelites only desired that area of land and nothing more. What is to be said about Muhammed, one relate him to Alexander as a conqueror which would ascorbate one aspect of him while deminishing another. I could even call Jesus a great polititian, I bet that would anger many. I wonder what could be said about Buddism?
Either Likud or Kadema, pls just put in mind that they have only one belief: "David's promised land", no more and no less, maybe Kadema (in arabic means "old") is only a political party, but in the end they all head towards one thing and one thing only. In Lebanon Christians have 4 major political parties and 2 minor ones. The major ones are "Kouwwat", "Kataeb", "Ahrar" and "Taghyir & Islah". They never agree on one thing, they are always in a quarrel, but when it comes to Christianity, they all agree... In the deputies elections, the Kouwwat were running with Hizbollah against the Taghyir & Islah. So in the same area "Ain el Roummaneh", a bunch of Hizbollah guys entered the area (remember it is an extremist Christians area), and starting teasing the Taghyir & Islah guys. Even though the Kouwwat were running politically with them, both Kouwwat and Taghir & Islah guys united and beated the crap out of the Hizbollah guys . So in politics people always disagree but in reality and in the middle east, what unites people is religion.

(sorry but I am giving you live examples just to show you how religion plays an important role in the Middle East so you can understand how things work over here)

I was referring to the Likud party in Israel. They have a branch of SWOT team, they are trained not to abide by rules, but rather a mix of police and a heartless killers. They are taught to do anything just to get their goal, even killing other Jews just to nail someone. They have very Unorthodox methods of conduct. Try to dig their teachings if you can online if you want. Let me give you an example: They ask the new trainers (you call them the kadets) to go for example to the third floor of that building and wave from the balcony in exactly 2 mins. How they enter that apartment? they must do anything to get in, even if it was killing the owners, or else they will fail and get kicked out from the party. believe it or not, it is true.

As for the the Jews with different mentalities, I am not saying otherwise, they do exist, no doubt about it, but they are a minority. The majority still believe that the next messiah is coming on an army. But I think nowadays they are getting convinced that this will never happen. But let me tell you a fact Weebitob, the Jews have occupied Lebanon at one time, we get used to their way of conduct. The Jew is not a person you can trust concerning his word, he never keeps it. You know in 2000 they withdrew from southern Lebanon, they were expecting the disarmament of Hizbollah over here, but were scr*wed to know that this will not happen as they are still occupying the "Chebaa farms" in Lebanon. Don't think for a moment that they are never interested in Lebanon, in the contrary, they do just to get their hands again on southern part of it because it is a part of David's land. They withdrew because Hizbollah was launching missiles to the heart of Israel and sustaining heavy damage there, and they know it will never stop until they get out and by getting out, Hisbollah will be disarmed. Once that, they will be able to invade it again with no resistance. (PS: our army is very weak, we have no air resistance, we are limited to 6 helicopters used just for transportation and exstinguishing fires ). Pls do believe that Hisbollah's existence is for the sole purpose of Israel's occupation. And let me go further in this subject: Hizbollah is not a terrorist group as the "Al Kaeda". They have no interest in other countries, nor to do terrorist actions. In fact the Lebanese Muslims hate the Palestinians Muslims, in fact they are opposing the fact that they must come to over here and become Lebanese for the fact that "they have their country which is now invaded by Jews, so they must always have the sense of Patriotism for Palestine and never forget about it by coming to Lebanon and become citizens". But in fact both Christians, Druzes and Muslims hate Palestinians because they are more conning than the Jews. How you think the Lebanese war started in 1975? That F*cking @sshole Yasser Arafat was planning to invade our country and have it as Palestine

And as you know, France and Britain were occupying the Middle East before we revolted (Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq...) against them and got our independance by means of force. It is natural that Europe go with Israel against the Arabs at that time just to get revenge, isn't it? And understand the fact that USA is extending free high tech weapons to the Jews for the sole purpose that they have the ability to freeze your economy over there if otherwise is not met, Period. I just cannot understand, why on every Palestinian demand in the UN sessions, only USA uses the Veto? God don't tell me the Jews are always right in their decisions?? Even killing innocent people? this is just not right.

The extremists want to wipe out all Palestinians, they even want them exported to the surrounding countries (Jordan, Syria and Lebanon) and claim the whole Palestine as Israel for the Israelis only. They also want chunks of Syria, Lebanon and Jordan because in this way they are preserving their borders from possible attacks and they are taking over the rest of David's promised land.

When they invaded Lebanon, Israeli's were Jealous from Lebanon's economy and our touristics attractions. in the 70's the exchange rate was 1USD = 2.5 Lebanese Lira, which is considered extremely good for an economy. Nowadays it became 1USD=1507.5 Lebanese Lira . Israel jsut want to steal Lebanon's success and in consequence develops itself both touristically and natural resources (one of their interests is the Lebanese water resources). So when they attacked Lebanon because of the PLO, they didn't just aim on tanks, they destroyed the infrastructure over here, bridges, electricity, water dams, etc... and each time they make a raid on Lebanon, they just destroy another power plant, causing us to fix it and pay huge amounts for that. We are stuck with 50 billion USD debt, we do not need to drown ourselves by a higher amount. They know what they are doing...

As for the concerns from Israeli's attacks, don't get your hopes so high in this case, 3 years ago the Israeli's destroyed a power plant in a Beirut suburb and they are constantly breaking our boundaries by air, twice a week. We are constantly protesting in the UN sessions, but USA is always using its Veto power to go against us, so you are telling me your country now is rightful in doing so? Do you think it is rightful for your country for example to be constantly raided by Canada with no one to stop her? tell me is it right? We are people and we want peace with no one's interfierence, either Palestinians, or Israelis or Syrians or even USA. Is it too much to ask for? Can you stand someone occupying your country by force? I know I don't, what about you?

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:18 AM

An interesting after thought. Most Christians are well aware of the fable involving David and Goliath. I find it interesting we know what happened, but very few people know "where" it happened and under what circumstances. Goliath wasn't attacking David's homeland.....David was attacking theirs....under the justification of God's will.

The rest of the story of course is the complete anniliation of the city's population by David's army. That part wasn't romantic...and I guess they just don't bother going that deep when they tell us the story.

The area where the sea was parted for Moses parts on it's own every day when the tide goes out. huh.... That's something to wonder on.

OK, I'm going too deep.

Old 02-10-2006, 07:33 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Frankly Rob, I really forgot the details of the Canaanites, well I studied it when I was 12-13 years old and never got back to it, so no comment on what you said at this time. I don't want to post anything which is not accurate about the subject for the time being.

As for the religious clashes, well the whole middle east problem lies in the supremacy of the Jews (that's what they think of themselves) over the others. They are like Hitler's Nazis but not to the extent the latters were. As long as they are still thinking that way, we will never live in peace again and I am not surprised to see another WW coming. REALLY !!

Old 02-10-2006, 08:30 AM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
I think I'm going to print and bind this one, then sell to the book stores
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by NapaBavarian
I think I'm going to print and bind this one, then sell to the book stores
You know, you got a point there

Old 02-10-2006, 01:38 PM

Quote:

As for the religious clashes, well the whole middle east problem lies in the supremacy of the Jews (that's what they think of themselves) over the others. They are like Hitler's Nazis but not to the extent the latters were. As long as they are still thinking that way, we will never live in peace again and I am not surprised to see another WW coming. REALLY !!
Exactly! And the person who comes up with a solution of the Jews living in the Middle East gets the big prize. This will....eventually...be the cause of a world war. No doubt, and surprised it hasn't already.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: