Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Audio/Video/Nav/Security

Old 03-22-2005, 08:59 AM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
Are you thinking of making up a harness adapter like for the stereo? If so, I can let you borrow plug at some point if you can let me have it back.
Yes, although in this case I hope to simply identify the correct plastic shell and crimp terminals and let people obtain and build it themselves.

I appreciate your offer to lend me yours. I'm going to wait to see if anyone has a dead module that they don't want back. I'll even pay for plain first class postage -- should only be a few ounces.

Quote:
... My factory alarm is acting up again. Everytime I drive in the rain, the alarm starts going off. Its the most annoying thing ever. And its an almost brand new alarm.
That's one reason why I've been hesitant to get the stock alarm module. Did you buy yours new or used? Is there any chance that something else in your car is getting wet and tripping the alarm?

If you decide to go ahead and cannibalize yours for the plug, don't let me delay you.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:07 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXdc
Yes, although in this case I hope to simply identify the correct plastic shell and crimp terminals and let people obtain and build it themselves.

I appreciate your offer to lend me yours. I'm going to wait to see if anyone has a dead module that they don't want back. I'll even pay for plain first class postage -- should only be a few ounces.

That's one reason why I've been hesitant to get the stock alarm module. Did you buy yours new or used? Is there any chance that something else in your car is getting wet and tripping the alarm?

If you decide to go ahead and cannibalize yours for the plug, don't let me delay you.
Sorry, I lost touch with this thread. Did you still need an alarm module?

My alarm was new-in-the-box from Subaru, and it has always given false alarms in wet weather.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:49 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
Sorry, I lost touch with this thread. Did you still need an alarm module?

My alarm was new-in-the-box from Subaru, and it has always given false alarms in wet weather.
Yes, I'm still looking for a dead module to match the connector. But I think you should see if Subaru will replace your module. Or perhaps borrow another one from someone nearby (Earl?) to see if it's really your module that's bad or something in your car.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:55 PM

Re: After market alarm install document

I hate to thread necro, but there is a starter pinout on the back harness in the trunk.

Can that be used for a remote start application? Anyone know?
Old 02-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamrh View Post
I hate to thread necro, but there is a starter [pin] on the back harness in the trunk.

Can that be used for a remote start application? Anyone know?
Sorry, but no. That pin is for starter kill.

I don't suggest trying to install a remote start system in the trunk, unless there's one with a "satellite" module (with beefy relays) that goes under the steering column.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:20 AM

Great! That's what I thought also, appreciate the help. I will just run the wires where they need to be properly.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:46 PM

SUBARU SVX 92-93
WIRE COLORS LOCATION
12 VOLTS CONSTANT

BLK/YEL
IGNITION HARNESS
IGNITION 1 RED IGNITION HARNESS
IGNITION 2 RED/YEL IGNITION HARNESS
IGNITION 3

N/A

So I just read that on the bulldog site. I didn't think that the svx had a 2nd ignition? Mine is 94, and reading the document in here earlier, I can't see how it would be congruent??/// Anyone know?
Old 02-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

if you do the remote start, you should post a how to on yours. I'm curious to see how well this would work.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

did you end up using the second ignition???? is it needed I'm about to hook up a viper 5901 and as far as I could see it doesn't need one, people in the past never mentioned it...
Old 09-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Electronic Counter Measures ON

Send a message via ICQ to Sov13t Send a message via AIM to Sov13t Send a message via MSN to Sov13t

As far as I remember you MUST connect the second ignition, pretty much splice it together into the first circuit otherwise the system will not run. Initially we left mine disconnected and the system was throwing "Remote Start Error".

-Sov13t
Old 09-26-2009, 01:41 AM
Banned

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sov13t View Post
As far as I remember you MUST connect the second ignition, pretty much splice it together into the first circuit otherwise the system will not run. Initially we left mine disconnected and the system was throwing "Remote Start Error".

-Sov13t
so just connect it to the ignition one and connect both to the stock ignition wire from the stock security system?? also did you use the ignition 1 or 2 on that aux harness??
Old 08-06-2016, 12:33 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

This is an old thread but we used the info to re-replace the oem alarm and an aftermarket CompuStar unit that was current hungry. We were able to ask http://www.ae64.com/ for the mating plug and some help. Found the OEM LED to be very dim due to the voltage supplied by the Prestige unit. The OEM switch assembly has a resistor built in that we bypassed AND we replaced the rubber bung /LED with a nice bright blue 5mm LED. Looks and works super and less current drain then the CompStar unit.

Last edited by gwynethh; 08-18-2016 at 06:50 AM.