Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 11-03-2004, 03:13 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Whoru465
And how are you so sure of what I know? I claimed no facts, so take it easy clyde....But you fellas are always right Excuse me while I grovel.
you were implying that PA_SVX was misinformed, which he wasn't.

and don't call me Clyde - i only slightly resemble an orangutan.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 11-03-2004, 03:14 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

The same thats mad at me also said to me " i think everyone wants clinton back....he was a great president" i didnt respond to that one because i was sick of trying to defend the fact i voted for who i wanted to win. Was i wrong? Not at all. We all vote for who we want so then why do people have a problem with who i voted for. I'm sick of it. All of f ****** NY is democratic and they all attacked me because i'm a republican. wtf is goin on?

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 11-03-2004, 05:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sidewinder Send a message via MSN to Sidewinder
Quote:
Originally posted by soobiesvx93
All of f ****** NY is democratic and they all attacked me because i'm a republican. wtf is goin on?

What's going on is this nation being really polarized. Bush talks about getting the most popular vote and the electoral vote, but the fact remains that 48% of the voters who did vote, did not vote for him. The nation is deeply divided. Long and the short of it.

As for the fact that Bush got the most popular vote of any president to seek election....

Think about it. As time passes, the population in this nation is increasing so while the President did get 51% of the vote and soemthing like 58 million votes, that means nothing compared to this nation back in 1944 when FDR ran. There was a smaller population and so FDR might have recieved a higher percentage, but he didn't get 58 million votes because not as many people were eligiable to vote in 1944 compared to today.

That sounds complicated, but hopefully people understnad waht I am saying.

"The SVX — Where, they wondered, do you put the kayak?"
Old 11-03-2004, 06:51 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
The same thats mad at me also said to me " i think everyone wants clinton back....he was a great president" i didnt respond to that one because i was sick of trying to defend the fact i voted for who i wanted to win. Was i wrong? Not at all. We all vote for who we want so then why do people have a problem with who i voted for. I'm sick of it. All of f ****** NY is democratic and they all attacked me because i'm a republican. wtf is goin on?
A lot of my friends attack me for the opposite

The thing that I find interesting, is that NY, the only place to really be effected by terrorism, voted against the very man who built his campaign by promising to protect the nation from future attacks.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 11-03-2004, 07:12 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Quote:
Its hillarious....one girl said everyone hates bush so she doesnt get why he won. Nevermind the fact that he had the most popular votes of any president in history.

But how does the percentage compare? That's what really means something, still almost a tie Means they are both really good or really bad
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:14 PM
Good morning!

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy

i knew a girl who didn't like bush too

Old 11-03-2004, 07:15 PM
Good morning!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert
Teresa woke up this morning, turned to her husband & said, "John, why the long face"?

Bada-boom.

Ron.

That's the real reason he lost
Old 11-03-2004, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgundyBeast

A lot of my friends attack me for the opposite

The thing that I find interesting, is that NY, the only place to really be effected by terrorism, voted against the very man who built his campaign by promising to protect the nation from future attacks.
I agree with you on that. I dont understand it either.

Old 11-03-2004, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewinder

What's going on is this nation being really polarized. Bush talks about getting the most popular vote and the electoral vote, but the fact remains that 48% of the voters who did vote, did not vote for him. The nation is deeply divided. Long and the short of it.

As for the fact that Bush got the most popular vote of any president to seek election....

Think about it. As time passes, the population in this nation is increasing so while the President did get 51% of the vote and soemthing like 58 million votes, that means nothing compared to this nation back in 1944 when FDR ran. There was a smaller population and so FDR might have recieved a higher percentage, but he didn't get 58 million votes because not as many people were eligiable to vote in 1944 compared to today.

That sounds complicated, but hopefully people understnad waht I am saying.
Makes sense...i understand what your saying. Its just really irritating to have people mad at me because of who i voted for.

Old 11-03-2004, 10:43 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by sidewinder
US Voters in election 1944: 49,944,840
FDR Popular votes: 25,602,504 (51.2%)

Well it's damn close.

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgundyBeast
It's all in Demographics. Basically in this election, it came down to this - if you felt National Security/Terrorism is the most important issue right now, you voted for Bush. If you felt that Economy/Jobs are more important, you voted for Kerry. There are exceptions, but for the most part, America agreed that Bush could better handle the war on terrorism and Kerry could better handle the economy. If you look at the demographics of the state of NY, specifically the county breakdown, you would not be surprised the way NY voted. The most populus counties are also highly urbanized, with very modern populations...these are people that are very liberal in nature. All those counties voted Kerry, while the less populus upstate counties voted Bush. Obviously Kerry won because he got the more populus counties. It's weird how our polling system works...but it does (sorta).

Kerry lost because he spent way too much time attacking Bush and no time explaining himself. We never really got to know him as anything more than the anti-Bush. A man can't win an election that way, at least not in these times.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:30 PM

i think kerry lost because he neglected the little states and didnt focus on the youth as much as he should of!
Old 11-04-2004, 07:12 AM

The Democratic Party had better brush-up on recent history: The past three Democratic presidents had Southern accents. An Edwards/Kerry ticket might well have won.

The singular fact that Kerry hails from New England was reason enough for folks here in Deliverance country to vote for Mr. Bush. Absurd, but true.

dcb
Old 11-04-2004, 07:42 AM
Certified Porschephile

Shadow is beginning to scare me with how atuned to the world he is becoming! There is a story here in the local paper (The Morning Call - www.mcall.com) about PA's role in the election. Kerry only won 13 of PA's 67 counties, yet get's all 21 electoral votes. Why did he win by just 140,000 in PA? Philly voted just over 2-1 for him. Hard to make up in rural PA away from the big cities. Same happened in NY. Buffalo had a 1.7 to 1 and NYC was over 2.5 to 1. It might be more confusing, but I believe the electoral votes should be awarded by county, not state. It's more representative, and takes some power away from the heavily urban areas. The big cities would still carry more weight on a county level, but a few counties won't carry the whole state. It's very appearent in CA were they have 55 electoral votes. CA is way too strong a player.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:33 AM
Teh Geek

Send a message via ICQ to nsm484 Send a message via AIM to nsm484 Send a message via Yahoo to nsm484
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
How long is this draft nonsense going to linger around? Dems leaked it because they thought they could spook the 18-22 vote, which never showed up anyway.
Im very late in seening this thread (or any other thread, darn work keepin me bussy) but Im 22 and I woke up at 7am, got
to the polls at 7:30 and voted!

And the Draft crap didnt scare me

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally [Nori]

1996 LSi Polo Green [Calista] - 18" Konig Incident's - Lived for awhile Now Selling
1992 LSL Dark Teal [Yori] (Rear Ended, Donor to Calista, and now gone)
1992 LSL Ebony Mica (Sold to svxcuseme)
Old 11-06-2004, 11:22 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
It might be more confusing, but I believe the electoral votes should be awarded by county, not state. It's more representative, and takes some power away from the heavily urban areas. The big cities would still carry more weight on a county level, but a few counties won't carry the whole state. It's very appearent in CA were they have 55 electoral votes. CA is way too strong a player.
I agree, however I think they should do away with the Electoral College altogether, now that we have the technology to tally the popular vote in a timely manner.

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: