Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 11:10 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
S'mores, anyone?
Old 03-20-2004, 12:43 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Landshark: Is it possible for other to have a good time without you trying to ruin it?

Just wondering.

- Rob

PS: Subaru sucks. They designed the SVX with a horrible transmission, Subaru is a ****ty company with stupid engineers!
Old 03-20-2004, 12:51 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248

Good call.

January 14th, 2004 - Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Cirrus, Stratus, and Breeze cars because of a faulty shifter.

December 15th, 2003 - Chrysler recalls 4,000 2004 Dodge Durangos because of a faulty instrument cluster.

November 10th, 2003 - Chrysler recalls 438,000 Jeep Liberty's
because their wheels were literally falling off. Front suspension problems.

That's just in the last four months...check out the last four years:

http://www.crash-worthiness.com/chrysler/news.html

That's bad news right there.

As for what you said about the GM "recall", i'm not sure what you are talking about exactly but if you mean the controversy over the tailgates, you are a bit mistaken. There's no official recall at all involving GM trucks at this time. In fact, the only OFFICIAL GM recall this year involves the 2nd generation W-body (regal, GP, lumina, MC...etc) and includes about 800,000 cars. There is another recall pending...which involves wiper control modules on 300,000 SUVs...but that's not official yet. Also rumors have it that there may be a small corvette recall...also not official. I think maybe you are misreading the articles. I've read a few that talk about these rumored recalls and fail to make clear that they are not yet official.

I like proof.
Old 03-20-2004, 03:36 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
Landshark: Is it possible for other to have a good time without you trying to ruin it?
in your case, the answer is no.

Quote:
PS: Subaru sucks. They designed the SVX with a horrible transmission, Subaru is a ****ty company with stupid engineers!
well, aren't you a fool for owning one? i suggest you sell yours and buy a Neon - they are fastAr.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 03-21-2004, 03:14 PM
Certified Porschephile

Rob, can you at least explain the power front/manual rear windows in a neon to me? Did they spend all of their money on the pt? At least the WRX has FOUR power windows.
Old 03-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
Rob, can you at least explain the power front/manual rear windows in a neon to me? Did they spend all of their money on the pt?
yes - that money went into researching how to make an engine catch on fire properly. i remember my dad had a Roadrunner when i was little and that engine caught on fire a few times, too. i guess Chynsler is keeping with the retro theme.

Old 03-21-2004, 06:41 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Sure. But first maybe you could explain why subaru made the SVX with a bad transmission that overheats and dies too easily? Maybe they spent all their money on sourcing the cheapest crappiest wheel bearings; my dad had a subaru from the 80s, what a POS. It had bad wheel bearings so maybe subaru was going for the retro theme. It's impossible for a company to ever change, so if subaru made a POS in the 80s, it's obvious that any car they make 20 years later is a complete piece of crap.

Personally Landshark, I think you're a .... (edited because I was told to be nice to people)-head.

- Rob
Old 03-21-2004, 07:46 PM
Hater

Quote:
Sure. But first maybe you could explain why subaru made the SVX with a bad transmission that overheats and dies too easily?
sure - because the SVX was the first 3600lb, 230hp car Subaru ever made. the transmission problem was fixed with several updates. late model SVX's aren't going to have these issues - that's why i got a '97 - i have original, smooth shifting tranny and original quiet bearings. either you knew about these problems when you bought yours and felt lucky, or you didn't do your homework and were ignorant about it. i didn't want to deal with that stuff, so i looked for a '96 or '97.

Quote:
Maybe they spent all their money on sourcing the cheapest crappiest wheel bearings; my dad had a subaru from the 80s, what a POS. It had bad wheel bearings so maybe subaru was going for the retro theme. It's impossible for a company to ever change, so if subaru made a POS in the 80s, it's obvious that any car they make 20 years later is a complete piece of crap.
riddle me this - if Subarus are so crappy, why did you buy one? wouldn't your Mac-using genius prevent you from doing stupid things?

Quote:
Personally Landshark, I think you're a .... (edited because I was told to be nice to people)-head.

- Rob
i'll say it for you - i'm a ****head...........but you are a DRAMA QUEEN.

Old 03-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
the transmission problem was fixed with several updates. late model SVX's aren't going to have these issues
I really hate to argue for Cash but you are misguided if you think ANY year svx will not eventually puke out its guts.
They still haven't figured out the tranny.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:22 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
ure - because the SVX was the first 3600lb, 230hp car Subaru ever made. the transmission problem was fixed with several updates. late model SVX's aren't going to have these issues - that's why i got a '97 - i have original, smooth shifting tranny and original quiet bearings. either you knew about these problems when you bought yours and felt lucky, or you didn't do your homework and were ignorant about it. i didn't want to deal with that stuff, so i looked for a '96 or '97.
I was under the impression that the 1997 SVX used the EXACT SAME FREAKING WHEEL BEARING as the 1992 svx. And they use the same transmissions. Care to provide information on how they are different???!?!?

And I DO NOT think subarus are crap. I was making a parody of your blatent double standards. Basically, no car manufacturer is perfect, EVERY car EVER made will have it's ups and downs. You rip on chrysler products, basically just to try to get me pissed off, and yet you completley ignore any faults subaru has made. You aren't consistent in your criticisms (but as for ignorant comments and coming into my threads just to **** in them, you're very consistent, which is why I'm now reporting you to the mods). As for the neon not having power rear windows: It is a CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP car. I like the performance of them, and I like the price of them, but I sold mine because the interior is junk. They cut corners where they can, and frankly, if I had to choose between an SVX with 4 power windows that had a overstressed transmission, tiny wheel bearings, and undersized brakes, versus an SVX that had MANUAL rear windows but had an overbuilt tranny, huge durable wheel bearings, and massive brakes, I'd choose the latter.

- Rob

Last edited by Chicane; 03-21-2004 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:51 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:

As for the neon not having power rear windows: It is a CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP car. - Rob
They have manual rear windows in the back and power in the front? Even the "top" model and SRT-4? Learn something new everyday.

P.S. I don't believe we have "tiny" wheel bearings or brakes. The wheel bearings are just not quite as sturdy as they should be (although mine are original at 90k), as far as brakes I don't understand why you think that way. I think we have above average brakes.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 03-21-2004, 10:14 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
And I DO NOT think subarus are crap. I was making a parody of your blatent double standards. Basically, no car manufacturer is perfect, EVERY car EVER made will have it's ups and downs. You rip on chrysler products, basically just to try to get me pissed off, and yet you completley ignore any faults subaru has made.

- Rob
FINALLY!!! Someone else knows how I feel!

Oh but this is a Subaru site, which means we can throw reality out the window. Yeah I forgot about that AGAIN.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:26 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248

FINALLY!!! Someone else knows how I feel!

Oh but this is a Subaru site, which means we can throw reality out the window. Yeah I forgot about that AGAIN.
Heh. Looks like we agree Shadow, who'd a thunk it? I love cars. I do not love certain companies. I love the SVX, the Corrado, Neons, Chargers, Superbees, old land yachts like Imperials, Furys, galaxies, etc, I love 300ZXs, RX7s, older vettes (the late 60s-early 70s bodystyle), I love old minis, etc. Point is, I like cars from almost every single marque (although I can't think of any saturns that ever got my blood running ), and ALL cars have weak points, and strong points. Everything is a compromise, an inbetween.

- Rob
Old 03-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Certified Porschephile

Rob, I don't think I was nasty to you. I asked a simple question. If you don't know that's ok. I was just curious why they would do something so blatently cheap. Even on the "flagship" SRT-4.
Old 03-22-2004, 01:36 PM
SVX26517

me too Rob, me too
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: