Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2004, 09:10 AM
crow_road75

She's gotta go

Hi everyone.

Sorry I've been so quiet on the board for a while, but to cut a long story short - I've recently changed jobs and been travelling about the place a fair bit including overseas. I've also just been given a company car (which is a good thing, as I'm doing about 50 miles extra a day now). So I've decided to try and sell the SVX.

I will still be coming to the JAE though and would very much like to stay part of the community, so am happy to still organise the meet (even if I turn up in a German diesel).

I'd be interested on advice on selling the car, and what people think it's realistically worth, and I'll also post in the For Sale board as well - the spec is below:

It's a Black UK spec, a 1993 'L' with the personalised plate "J7 SVX"

Just turned 96,000 miles, with full history including a head gasket replacement and belt service about 3,000 miles ago.

I've put two new tyres on for the MOT, which it passed about a week ago. The bodywork is clean, with a few minor marks here and there, as is the interior.

Anyone interested? What do you think she's worth?

Cheers,

Jason
--
Old 03-23-2004, 05:13 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Unhappy

Sorry to hear you are selling Jason. As you have a company car, could you not hold on to the SVX till the meeting? No??

Hard to guess a value, as it's a buyer's market really. There is a good few cars on Autotrader, although one or two are repeated. Most are 92-93. Lowest on offer seem to be at 3 to 3.5K, and a lot are pitched around the 5K mark.

I suspect 5K is aspirational for this vintage, and the dealers are expecting to haggle back to 4K. So a realistic price for yours might be 3.5K to 4K, depending on buyer, and how well your car is presented.

Wish you luck with the sale. Don't undersell it, we all know the cars are too good to give away.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 03-24-2004, 03:03 AM
crow_road75

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist
Sorry to hear you are selling Jason. As you have a company car, could you not hold on to the SVX till the meeting? No??
I have thought about it, but I've got to reinsure it in a month, tax it at the end of July - that's the thick end of £700, and frankly I could use the cash for the car at the moment.

When my girlfriend comes back from New Zealand in the autumn, perhaps I'll buy her/persuade her to buy a JDM import

I might see if I can borrow a Toyota Sera from my friend as hopefully our stands will be next to each other at the JAE...

Jason
--
Old 03-24-2004, 03:19 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Lightbulb Eureka

Well here's a solution.

Your road tax will still be current to the end of July, after the meeting, right? That's one problem solved.

Why not contact your insurance people and "defer" the balance of your insurance till July. If the car is off-road for now, and you are not using it [easily proven, show them details on your current company car], they may be willing to let you cancel the insurance for two months, then use up the balance in July.

Worth a try? You have nothing to lose by ringing up and asking. Explain it is a rare classic car, and you feel you may have a better chance of getting a good price for it by offering it for sale at JAE.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl