Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 03-09-2004, 07:56 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
LEAST Favorite Car Companies

Since we have a most favorite car companies, list here the three companies you would not even think about buying. If flaming starts I'm deleting this so keep it civil.

1. Daewoo
2. Kia
3. VW

Reasons-
Daewoo: horrible styling, cheap build quality, now practically worthless
Kia: mostly bad styling (until recently), underpowered, cheap build quality
VW: overpriced, mostly ugly, only average reliability, "people's wagon"=everyone has one

Only VW exception I would concider is the old Corrado, those are pretty cool.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300

Last edited by SubaSteevo; 03-09-2004 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:28 AM
Sold. :'-(

Maybe a good rule of thumb on this one would be...
"What are your 3 least favorite car companies, and why?"
And yes...the flame warning is likely necessary.

Reasons? Poor styling and build quality...plus anything specifically noted.

(Not in any order)
1) Mitsubishi - one of the most polluting companies in the world.
2) Daimler/Chrysler ,the US side.
3) General Motors, the US divisions.

US automakers decided long ago that if they only build a car as well as they absolutely must in order to keep their repeat business, that it would save them millions (now billions) per year over building vehicles that last for generations. Now their vehicles are built to last about 80Kmi (or so), and this keeps many of their new car buyers coming back every 3-4 years, as planned.

They are slowly beginning to see the light, as evidenced by the new F150, the Focus, the current Corvette, a couple of the Cadillac halo models, and some of the Daimler-enhanced Chrysler vehicles. These cars are beginning to show a new trend towards competitive quality, though the styling is still a bit off, IMHO.
Raxles front axles
Old 03-09-2004, 09:31 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgundyBeast
If flaming starts I'm deleting this so keep it civil.
Last I checked, you don't have that option.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 03-09-2004 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:53 AM
No longer blue member

If you click edit, up top there is the option to delete the post. If your post is first the whole thread goes bye bye, ask Mitch

01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 03-09-2004, 10:06 AM
No longer blue member

Another reason I don't like VW, this pic sums up my feelings on VW owners
(Warning - b* word)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vw.jpg (37.4 KB, 152 views)

01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 03-09-2004, 10:08 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Talking Really enjoying these IMG tags.

Quote:
Another reason I don't like VW, this pic sums up my feelings
(Warning - b* word)
Let me get this straight. You don't like VW as a whole because somebody used a VW in a pimp joke?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan, either. But your post doesn't make any sense. That's like looking at this image:

And saying, 'this totally changes how I feel about gun control.'

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 03-09-2004 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:11 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Another reason I don't like VW, this pic sums up my feelings on VW owners
(Warning - b* word)
That's pretty cool... I'd like to see Snoop Dogg rollin' around in that and a pink suit

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-09-2004, 10:12 AM

Quote:
If you click edit, up top there is the option to delete the post. If your post is first the whole thread goes bye bye, ask Mitch

Was he the one that deleted the first "Hijack this thread" thread???

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-09-2004, 10:18 AM
No longer blue member

Re: Really enjoying these IMG tags.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Let me get this straight. You don't like VW as a whole because somebody used a VW in a pimp joke?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan, either. But your post doesn't make any sense. That's like looking at this image:

And saying, 'this totally changes how I feel about gun control.'
I didn't say that the pic made me not like VW, I said the pic summed up my feelings. It was a joke, Greenmarine got it.

PS I'm totally against gun control after that pic Kill the alien zombie slime!

01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 03-09-2004, 10:22 AM

I'd have to say that my least favorite car companies are....

1.) Daewoo
2.) Kia
3.) GM (U.S. side)

Why????

1.) Daewoo--- I don't really know... They are korean cars that seem really cheap... Never really driven them... huh, guess I didn't really think about this all that much...
2.) Kia--- Again cheap Korean car maker... and again I've never driven one... Just know that they are pretty much disposeable cars... It would benifit you more to throw it away when it brakes than to get it fixed...
3.) Chevy (GM)--- I have owned one of these... Dumped all my money into it then one day, the engine just froze up!!! Left me stranded on the interstate in a snow storm!!! I had no cellphone or any means to contact anyone... So I had to walk 5 miles to the neareds gas station to call my mom... Never again... I hate how they use upshrod valve train still... Some people say that hey, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" and that's what GM is doing with the Pushrod engines... That's fine and all but atlease try to develope some new engine technoligy... Instead they go and buy other compabies and take thier engine technoligy... I think that is a load of you know what... But then again, just my Oppinion

Old 03-09-2004, 07:06 PM
greg

Worst three...

1.) Acura

Because Acura, the original re-badge of the asian market really had potiential to become what Infinity and Lexus are now. But with the very conservative styling and lack of marketing they remain just another Honda car, and an overpriced version at that.

2.)Honda

Because of their everday mass quantity aim. Though I do not dispute their reliablility, I despise the way they market to masses as oppsed to setting out to be original and great. The same as Acura, I beleive they do not tap their full potential. Instead they just make cars to sell quick with no real nitch.

3.) GM

I know that to state GM leaves a wide variety of cars but I think as I look at the total portfolio they seem to build cars from a less than inspired concept. The reliability has been better as of late but the cars themselves have no inginuity and no styling to compete with european or asian automakers. The Olds line that was supposed to be deleted is lingering to my dismay, and I really dispise a company who leaves a line lingering for the last dollar they can suck out of the line-up using rebadges. I guess they are too busy buying all the worlds other car companies and forgot to make their own cars that can inspire

I guess I have a theme here, it is the ability of companies to be original and make cars that inspire the people of today. I know these companies have potential and their is definatly the resouces their to do it in a grand way. Why not? I guess the bottom line dollar is more important!
Old 03-09-2004, 08:43 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
1. Buick. Talk about coma-inducing design. BLECh. And those new Harley Earl commercials? What an insult, they might as well have sex with his dead body on television. He would have never approved that hideous RENDEVOUS or slapping portholes on that geriatric park avenue.

2. Saturn. LAME. Oh we're somehow reliable and eco friendly even though we're just regular GM cars with somehow MORE plastic on them than usual!

3. Isuzu: Just DIE already. You don't even sell any cars, and nobody buys your crappy trucks! DIE! You've been dead since 1985 in my eyes.

- Rob
Old 03-09-2004, 09:39 PM
greg

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
1. Buick. Talk about coma-inducing design. BLECh. And those new Harley Earl commercials? What an insult, they might as well have sex with his dead body on television. He would have never approved that hideous RENDEVOUS or slapping portholes on that geriatric park avenue.

2. Saturn. LAME. Oh we're somehow reliable and eco friendly even though we're just regular GM cars with somehow MORE plastic on them than usual!

3. Isuzu: Just DIE already. You don't even sell any cars, and nobody buys your crappy trucks! DIE! You've been dead since 1985 in my eyes.

- Rob
Yeah, what is it with Isuzu? I guess someone somewhere buys them but why? Even Hyundai and Kia have evolved to be better than Isuza!

Buick: By gosh you must have to be 85-90 to want one and then you shouldn't be driving in the first place...I guess thats why Buicks are so big and bulky; as to keep the old people alive so someone can come back and buy another one...

Nothing needs to be said for Saturn! YUK, and the new sport concepts...EEEKKK, you know all these companies keep comming out with their "sport model" and it's like the little boy that cried wolf...
Old 03-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Re: Worst three...

2.)Honda

Because of their everday mass quantity aim. Though I do not dispute their reliablility, I despise the way they market to masses as oppsed to setting out to be original and great. The same as Acura, I beleive they do not tap their full potential. Instead they just make cars to sell quick with no real nitch.

I don't quite get your gripe here, Greg. Why not consider quality a "nitch"? Most folks just want something to get from "A" to "B" without a hassle. Honda came out of nowhere in '77 with the first Accord which was innovative for its time & hasn't looked in the rearview since. The CRXes were fun cars, & the early second generation Preludes offered some affordable sportiness.
The Honda/Acura NSX DOES tap a potential, but hasn't tried to become a Ferrari for the masses. What's not to bless here?

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:42 PM
No longer blue member

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

- Rob
Agreed 1 + 3 100%, and 2 until the 2005 models. The new Saturn Redline with the 200hp turbo option has a lot going for it in my eye.

01' MSM Lexus IS300

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: