Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 01-10-2003, 12:18 PM
rolland

Question How to repair lights in sunroof control

Hi!

The light that illuminates the "spot" and "room" buttons lettering, up near the sun roof, is out. Unlike the spots themselves, I see no way to open this little console.

Is this something I can repair myself or do I have to go the dealer to have this fixed.

Also, my rearview mirror is so loose that if I hit bumps on the road then I have to adjust it. Is it possible to fix this without replacing the mirror?

Thanks,

Bastien
Old 01-10-2003, 12:23 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: How to repair lights in sunroof control

Quote:
Originally posted by rolland
Hi!

The light that illuminates the "spot" and "room" buttons lettering, up near the sun roof, is out. Unlike the spots themselves, I see no way to open this little console.

Is this something I can repair myself or do I have to go the dealer to have this fixed.

Also, my rearview mirror is so loose that if I hit bumps on the road then I have to adjust it. Is it possible to fix this without replacing the mirror?

Thanks,

Bastien
Bastien,
Carefully pry out the lenses for the spot lights (they are slotted for this purpose). You'll find two screws. Undo the screws and drop the entire console out. You'll see a couple of blue plastic things that look like screws. These are the bulbs. Get a package of mini lamps from radio shack (can't remember the part number off hand) and replace the burnt bulbs in the recepticals, being careful to wind the wire just like the wire was done originally. The lamps are a couple of bucks for a package of two. If you buy the recepticals, assembled, at your dealer, they'll cost you about five bucks apiece.

Anybody have the lamp number from radio shack? OR, You could do a search on Radio Shack and I'm sure it has been posted recently.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI