Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-24-2011, 11:05 PM

rims

does anyone know where i can get some cheep rims that will work for the svx in the bellingham area, or maybe online or someone close... cause i just need something that will fit to keep my car going at little expensive as possible, i drive 50 miles to work every day and i found out there is a crack in one of the 18 in rims(so it keeps leaking air and i don't know how much the rim willl hold up) that i have and cant afford to buy rims like that right now to put my tires on.... so i need to find some cheep rims and tires for the time being

any good ideas thanks for the read
Old 06-24-2011, 11:09 PM

Registered SVX
Re: rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red94Svx View Post
does anyone know where i can get some cheep rims that will work for the svx in the bellingham area, or maybe online or someone close... cause i just need something that will fit to keep my car going at little expensive as possible, i drive 50 miles to work every day and i found out there is a crack in one of the 18 in rims(so it keeps leaking air and i don't know how much the rim willl hold up) that i have and cant afford to buy rims like that right now to put my tires on.... so i need to find some cheep rims and tires for the time being

any good ideas thanks for the read
try a wielding shop see if they can repair it?
I had a crack in a rim they repaired and it never leaked again they did a good job there was no imbalance on the rim after either. I was happy cost was maybe $50 but that will depend on where you go.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:10 PM

thanks for that idea i didn't even know you could repair rims like that... how would i go about finding a welding shop that would do it? can bent rims be fixed?
Old 06-24-2011, 11:58 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

It depends on the shop. Most wheel repair shops will be able to fix a bent rim. Cracked, not always.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 06-24-2011, 11:59 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

How to find one: "wheel repair shop" and your city. Local = win, because shipping wheels is expensive.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album